Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
Just a follow up, so no one from Western Europe who applied after December 2011 and got an interview request or got their interview waived? Seems a little strange. Embarrassed
Sounds strange to me as well. I wonder why there are no CSQ official timelines for certain world regions.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
gamma_jb said:
hi signalmaker,

thanks for the reply...i actually emailed them mid January, last month, and replied "file is still queued for processing...please be patient" is it okay to make a follow - up again? It's actually more than 5 months already. :-(
If they said and RECOGNIZED you, and knew what file you are talking about, then it is a good and even perfect sign, seems that they started to have some backlog already :)

in the times i used to send and back and forth, they were so rapid !, but that was in May 2012 , and i finished everything after changing the check and after adding my daughter in November 26th, that was last day .

I guess you need to wait untill end of february then call them, or even call them tonight :)))

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
shay89 said:
Just a follow up, so no one from Western Europe who applied after December 2011 got an interview request or got their interview waived? Seems a little strange. :-[
I am following up this point too, still no interviews for those after December 6th 2011, the feedback from members in this forum is so important ..

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems true-no post December 2011 invitee.I think it is tactical.After 31st of March,2013 they will suspend the program and face both the backlogs and the 2012 applicants.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check it out;all the BIQ'S have been closed and moved to montreal-a central office for all continents.It only reminds me of how Federal Skill Worker Scheme operates.I nterview rate will drop seriously.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suspect that they have found out that calling people for interview also prolonged everything.Now,i think it will be straight CSQ for those that meet the minimum points and have good scores in french language test.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that if they have immediate plans to receive more application;they should have started telling us now.But no gist from them and it ends next month-less than 2 months.Exactly how federal did before July 1st last year.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
GENTLEANDREW said:
I suspect that they have found out that calling people for interview also prolonged everything.Now,i think it will be straight CSQ for those that meet the minimum points and have good scores in french language test.
This is also my assumption, the minimum points will be raised and a minimum level of French will be mandatory, probably B1 level?

Now, do you think they are going to close the program altogether? I personally don't believe so, they will probably keep the same criteria that they have since March 2012. Only priority list and arranged employment.

Tiki

Star Member
May 16, 2012
GENTLEANDREW said:
It seems true-no post December 2011 invitee.I think it is tactical.After 31st of March,2013 they will suspend the program and face both the backlogs and the 2012 applicants.
Do you have any links to back this claim?This is only your opinion right? March is only a month and a half away,they would show some signs before they make any changes.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they will close the program temporarily to take care of the backlogs.That is the only way to become effective again.From the 9 criterias they listed on their website,anybody can still apply especially if you have education that is equivalent to quebec education system,on the area of training list etc.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope there will be signs soon,though to me it seems a close call.Federal has been suspended since 1st of July,2012.They havd been talking about changes to be made since August last year for the one to start on 4th of May,2013.One month to go,our dear quebec has not giving any inkling.

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
GENTLEANDREW said:
I hope there will be signs soon,though to me it seems a close call.Federal has been suspended since 1st of July,2012.They havd been talking about changes to be made since August last year for the one to start on 4th of May,2013.One month to go,our dear quebec has not giving any inkling.
Hi GentleAndrew i don't want to disagree, but i think if there were to be any enormous changes to the QSW program, say suspending the program, we must have gotten some hints before date, same as it is for FSW program.

Instead, what i think is that they will simply add, or remove some AOTs from the priority list, and also put some Emphasis on that their French Thing!!! I don't think there'll be any suspension of the total QSW program.

Anyone buy my idea?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check their website,the last time that they gave any update was June 30th,2012.That is 7 months back.Nothing again.If you contact them,they will tell you to be patient because they have backlogs.How many people have you seen that submitted in 2012 that has been called for interview or waived.They need ample time to record as much success as federal.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tiki said:
Do you have any links to back this claim?This is only your opinion right? March is only a month and a half away,they would show some signs before they make any changes.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Federal announced the suspension of their program a day before people were expecting them to give new rules(Ist July,2012).I hope quebec is not about to do thesame thing?Yes,there will be emphasis on level of french language and age but not until after they tackle the backlogs-personal perspective.