i applied to hong kong
Umer Shahzad said:
which BIQ you have applied?

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
kash11 said:
Hi,

I have applied two years ago(FAMILY) and first they reject my application because i only score 46 points and they did not give me any points for training and experience. i submitted some other documents which can give me easliy enough points to meet the minimum level of 63 points score without claiming any point for frenceh. yesterday I had an interview in France and it was all in english because we do not know anything about french language. the interviewer was very surprised that we cant understand french. he did not decide our case he said that we have very strong points in experience education and so on but also very negative point in french language. so he nedd to discuss our case with his senior and let us know later through letter.

my question is even if i achieve the 63 points can they reject our case on basis of language.

Thanks
Hello,

According to the current promotion of French in Quebec, you may not survive. but as u are family category they may give some time to take intensive classes. I dont for sure, but u should be informed how they value french in Quebec. Also next year they start priotize those who are fluent in French. few days ago I called Montreal (Ministry of Immigration). I spoke, the word "interview". then they corrected me with the right one. but normal i many people often use this word like that. just wait and see.

if they refuse u, ask them not to close ur file request then sometime to learn it.

Good luck!

Nyla anum

Oct 14, 2012
Sydney, australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2012
AOR Received.
Waiting.....
Interview........
soon....
Passport Req..
soon....
VISA ISSUED...
soon....
LANDED..........
soon......
hey..... PANGANDOY I applied for csq. ::).thanks
pangandoy said:
@ Nyla anum

Hi,

You got me confused. Are you referring to CIO ( for Permanent Residency application) or BIQ ( for Certificat de sélection du Québec application)?

Thanks.

-pangandoy

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
kuro_shio said:
Hello friends, if you want to know what will be the Quebec skilled worker program like from 2013 onwards please take a look at this:

http://www.spl.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/medias/pdf/Charte/Revision_de_la_grille.pdf

It looks like having at least an "intermédiaire avancé" (B2) level will be required in order to get points for French, both applicant and spouse.

Bonjour à tous,
La connaisance approfondi de la langue Français devient très important au fur et a mesure en sorte que nous ne pouvons pas échaper la réalitée de la vie quotidienne au Québec. Ce la dit, selon mon avis, je propose que nous utilisons rien que le Français dans cet forum pour partager nos idées et expériences. C'est quand même difficile pour le départ, mais pas quasiment immpossible. Utilisons uniquément le Français dans ce forum, et nous allons améliorer notre niveau de cette langue romantique.Merci.
I was just trying to suggest that we make French the working language in this thread, to share our experiences and learn from each other.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sango said:
kuro_shio said:
Hello friends, if you want to know what will be the Quebec skilled worker program like from 2013 onwards please take a look at this:

http://www.spl.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/medias/pdf/Charte/Revision_de_la_grille.pdf

It looks like having at least an "intermédiaire avancé" (B2) level will be required in order to get points for French, both applicant and spouse.

Bonjour à tous,
La connaisance approfondi de la langue Français devient très important au fur et a mesure en sorte que nous ne pouvons pas échaper la réalitée de la vie quotidienne au Québec. Ce la dit, selon mon avis, je propose que nous utilisons rien que le Français dans cet forum pour partager nos idées et expériences. C'est quand même difficile pour le départ, mais pas quasiment immpossible. Utilisons uniquément le Français dans ce forum, et nous allons améliorer notre niveau de cette langue romantique.Merci.
I was just trying to suggest that we make French the working language in this thread, to share our experiences and learn from each other.
sango, C'est une bonne idée d'utiliser le français ici, mais comment on peut se communiquer en français. Vous pouvez la écrire mais c'est un grand défi de tourner la langue dans la bouche plutôt changer l'accent.

En cas de changer le grille, le gouvernement du Québec est en train de changer le charte de la langue française. Le ministre a promis de mettre en place la nouvelle charte avant le noël. c'est pourquoi, Il changerait l'exigence de la langue français dans le grille.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dhumdum said:
@ Hello yogie/MkShah

I need your help...recently my friend received a rejection letter from Biq-Hongkong....and told him to submit some document within 60 days.

Biq rejected his file because he has not sufficient point as per them.
But i know his profile is very strong.
Please give me some possible suggestion so i can tell him to proceed again with file procedure.

They mentioned in the email that they were treated his file based on new rule.
Below is his profile;

Education:-He has dentist bachelor degree
English:- 7 band(Biq gives only 5 points)
French:- Delf B1(Biq gives only 6 points, because in B1 he scored less than 16)
UnMarried
Biq gives 0 points for AOT.....

Finally,Biq overall allocate only 42 points
I need your help...recently my friend received a rejection letter from Biq-Hongkong....and told him to submit some document within 60 days.

Please give me some possible suggestion so i can tell him to proceed again with file procedure.

Below is his profile;

Education:-He has dentist bachelor degree - Bachelor in Dentist should get 10 points.
For AOT : I dont think so he will get any point. Please check below link (Section E).
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

English:- 7 band(Biq gives only 5 points) - He need 8 band in listening and 7 band in speaking to get 6 point

French:- Delf B1(Biq gives only 6 points, because in B1 he scored less than 16) - Thats correct too.
UnMarried

So according to me total point will as follow,
Education : 10
AOT : 0
Exp : 8 (Considering 4 years or more )
Language : 5 + 6 = 11
Finance : 1

I think total would be 46, this is purely based on my assumption. other members can share their thoughts.

Below is his profile;

Education:-He has dentist bachelor degree - Bachelor in Dentist should get 10 points.
For AOT : I dont think so he will get any point. Please check below link (Section E).
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

English:- 7 band(Biq gives only 5 points) - He need 8 band in listening and 7 band in speaking to get 6 point

French:- Delf B1(Biq gives only 6 points, because in B1 he scored less than 16) - Thats correct too.
UnMarried

I think total would be 46, this is purely based on my assumption. other members can share their thoughts.

dbaner2

Nov 18, 2012
geethareddy said:
Hurray we cracked the interview in Atlanta, GA. And got the Quebec CSQ right at that moment.

On God's finally, we made it. As i said in my previous postings the interview was at 1030am on NOV 30th. We went to the office in downtown around 850am, the lady in the front desk said YES we have an interview today, but its our wish to wait as the interview is at 1030am. We (my husband and my self (i am pregnant by the way)) thought to wait there it self to get accoustom to that environment. The office is very small with a simple reception, coffee room and there is a door via which we can see couple of rooms inside.
When we are waiting there, one more couple came with a small kid. They said their interview is at 930am. We are just observing and waiting for them to call. Finally a person came in (he is suit). I thought he is the assistant to the interviewer (coordinator) inside who will do the actual interview, but he is the person who will do the interview.
He said,'bonjour' to them and took them inside around 935am. We are calculating time to see how long the interview goes. Finally they came out around 950 (just after 20 to 25 mints). We shocked. Why they came out so early. The same officer walked with them until out of the reception and said good bye. My husband followed those guys and asked what happened to the result. Unfortunately they said 'they didnt prepare anything in French and THEY DONT FRENCH directly to the officer!'. Officer said 'Your education, professional record is good, but learn french and come back.' Their whole interview is french.

Now come to our turn, ours is at 1030a, but called in around 1035/1040am. Same officer in suit came our and said Bonjour. He seems very strict, but friendly. We took our luggage with us, he didn't objected anything. We went in to his room. Room is with 3 of us (officer in his chair, we both are sitting side by side opposite to him, very simple and friendly environment). Questions.....started.

NOTE: We already prepared the standard set of questions posted in this forum in french. Which helped us a lot.

Q) qui est le demandeur principal
Ans: My husband said i am the principal applicant (in French).

Q) In French (Frn) he asked 'pouvez-vous parler français'
Ans)oui, je peux parler français fondamental ( i can speak fundamental french, so that officer cannot expect much about our french skills)

Q) In English (Eng), can you give me your passport.
Ans) he gave the passport

Q) In Eng, your are on H1b? Can you show me some profits
Ans) My husband showed the office emails, resume, about the office we took some printouts. He showed those.

Q) In Frn, Why you choose Quebec?
Ans) He said 'I will first explain in Eng then in Frn'. Officer said, it is your decision to explain in Eng or Frn. If you do not speak in Frn i will put you 0!!!
THen my husband said few important points. 1) Our job in Quebec is highly demanding, as we are Database Administrotrs, there is a great demand for that position in Quebec, especially in Montreal and Estrie. There are several clients (like Bank of Montreal, Aviva Canada, Bell Canada, Royal Bank of Canada etc are looking for the good Database Admins now a days). We got a requirement from our previous client for one of the Montreal based clients....blah blah..
2) Safety living environment....Quebec got the lowest crime rate in entire NAmerica.
3) Health insurance and the education system is the best and Quebec is well known for the lowest school fees in entire North America.
Then officer asked can you try to explain the same in French. My husband struggled like anything , told buttler French!. But officer understood we didnt learn much than the basic Frn. Immediate qn is....
(But my husband telling what ever he know, NEVER used YES, always used OUI, NEVER used USA, he used États-Unis(ithajuni)..like that he is showing what he knows.

Q)Did you learn or register for any courses? (NOTE: For this answer we sincerely told what happened in our lives and left the decision to officer)
A) oui, (then in Eng -->)we submitted our Quebec application in JUN 2010, after that we registered in Alliance Francis. But as we moved to different state. There was a break in our process of learning. After that we had a pathetic situation with the continuous unfortunate things, my father-in-law (my wife's father expired), after that she got pregnant, recently she went to her home country to console her parents, she came back day before yesterday (NOV 28th). Having all these we could not able to continue. But we went to Local french tutor in Phoenix and learned the basic French.

Q)In Frn, show me your highest degree certificate?
Ans) My husband showed his master of science certificate.

Q) in Eng, What is the difference between your bachelor (completed in INDIA) and MS (in US)?
Ans) He said, internation exposure etc....

Q)Can you explain me about your self in Frn?
Ans) In Frn (with basic knowledge)---> I am XXXX, my wife XXXX. I am the software engineer, she is also software engineer working for XXX company in Phoenix, Arizona, États-Unis. My age... etc.

He asked just one or 2 more questions then he asked the below qns to me.

Q) Can you speak french?
Ans) i answered in Frn, yes but fundamental frn.

Q) Give me your higest degree certfcate (in Frn)
Ans) I put a blank face, as i was very nervous. Then he asked in Eng. I gave my master of science degree.

Q) Why you chose QUebec?
Ans) Same answer (I will explain first in Eng, then try in Frnch......)
I know so manything about quebec (spent lot of time), so keep on explaining the things to him. He is listening to me and gave some print outs, we can see printer is doing something (POSTIVIE/ NEGATIVE we don't know).

Q) In Eng, you are pregnant right?
Ans) oui.

After 2 more questions (dont remember exactlY, but those are also basic ones). He said, 'OK, I AM DECLARING YOU AS IMMIGRANTS OF QUEBEC'.

He signed 5 documents all togehter, 3 of them for my husband and 2 for me. We said merci beaucoup....
He also stressed that after your delivery send us an email about baby, we will send a CSQ to the new born baby. He handed over the documents. We left his room, he followed up to reception and said au revoir.

******************************************************************************************************

I hope this is going to help you guys, but i observed the Interview is very easy if we really learn Frn. We struggled to frame the basic sentences but we do have genuine reasons for not preparing for Frn. As we both are working as software engineers, and we have enough education qualifciations, and showed the interviewer that we have interest in learning frn and also about Quebec.... all these points added advantage to our case.

We came out around 1135am. Not more than 50mints to 1hr.

Now we need you guys help in moving forward, how to take the next step etc.

Thank you so much to each and every one who responded to our questions so far.

Thanks again.
Hello Geetha,

First of all congrats on your success! I also have my CSQ interview scheduled in Atlanta on Dec 13, 2012. I am little tensed with my level of French as I have provided High Beginner in my application and currently I am low beginner. My profile is very similar to yours (Masters from USA and working as a Software Engineer in NYC).

I would really want to send you a message and ask you few more questions pertaining to the interview. Please let me know a way to contact you. Will be very helpful.

Thanks

pangandoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October
AOR Received.
December
Med's Request
and RPRF --> January
Med's Done....
January
Passport Req..
April
VISA ISSUED...
April
LANDED..........
in June.....
Nyla anum said:
hey..... PANGANDOY I applied for csq. ::).thanks
@Nyla anum

Sorry if I must have got you confused too. Because my post that started our conversation was about AOR from CIO (Centralized Intake Office). I specifically stated the letters "CIO".....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you'll receive you AOR from BIQ sooner or later.

Thanks.
-pangandoy

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Paris, Federal Stage - LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ- 08 JUNE 2012, FEDERAL STAGE - 31 OCT 2014
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
CSQ - 27 May 2014, received CSQ the same day
Hi Harit79,

that's sad to hear your friend got rejected and it's nice that you're trying to help him out. But doesn't one need atleast 49 points to be considered for CSQ? Your friend, according to your calculations only scored 46. So he is still 3 points short.

harit79 said:

Below is his profile;

UnMarried

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
Hi guys,

A good way of learning and keeping up with French language, that I have found useful is by listening to a Quebec radio station. You can search one on google and listen to it live, sometimes I listen to Quebec radio talk shows where they talk about issues and general things happening in Quebec. So this way, whilst you are learning french and getting used to their french accent, you are also keeping up to date with the latest issues happening in Quebec. :)

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
shay89 said:
Hi guys,

A good way of learning and keeping up with French language, that I have found useful is by listening to a Quebec radio station. You can search one on google and listen to it live, sometimes I listen to Quebec radio talk shows where they talk about issues and general things happening in Quebec. So this way, whilst you are learning french and getting used to their french accent, you are also keeping up to date with the latest issues happening in Quebec. :)
Hi..Can you please share the link of the website...?

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
vicky4frendz said:
Hi..Can you please share the link of the website...?
http://tunein.com/radio/Quebec-r100503/?other=true

I normally click on "Montreal" (because that is where I want to settle) and choose any of the radio stations that says Politics, News...etc :)

quebecboy

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shay89 said:
Hi guys,

Good idea. It really helps . It is good to be bilingual. Keep up with this good work Shay89.
Lovely weekend to all forum members

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
shay89 said:
Hi Harit79,

that's sad to hear your friend got rejected and it's nice that you're trying to help him out. But doesn't one need atleast 49 points to be considered for CSQ? Your friend, according to your calculations only scored 46. So he is still 3 points short.
Also, one thing I forgot to say is that, you mentioned in your post that BIQ will treat his application as per the new rule. And according to that rule, one needs to have an AOT of 6, 12 or 16 points, your friend's degree doesn't fall in any of those categories. So not only does he not have enough points to be considered for CSQ, his AOT doesn't fall in any of the AOT desired by Quebec. So even if he applies again, he might get his application rejected again. :(