CSQ- 08 JUNE 2012, FEDERAL STAGE - 31 OCT 2014
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
CSQ - 27 May 2014, received CSQ the same day
esssso said:
Aha sorry, its typing mistake, its Jun 2012 not Jun 2010..., so is it normal to wait for 6 month according to new languages rules to get AOR or F/N?
Hi esssso,

According to the Quebec website, yes it is normal to wait 6 months. In the light blue box on the page, it says that, it's normal to wait 4-6 months, and they will send you AOR as soon as they open your application. Also at this time of the year with Christmas and New Year holidays coming up, bear in mind that things might run a little slower than normal. So the best thing to do is to wait till January. Also you could check your back account on and off to see if they have deducted the application fee, if so then you know that they have opened your application and your AOR is in the mail. :)

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/biq/paris/dcs-travailleurs/index.html

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
shay89 said:
Hi esssso,

According to the Quebec website, yes it is normal to wait 6 months. In the light blue box on the page, it says that, it's normal to wait 4-6 months, and they will send you AOR as soon as they open your application. Also at this time of the year with Christmas and New Year holidays coming up, bear in mind that things might run a little slower than normal. So the best thing to do is to wait till January. Also you could check your back account on and off to see if they have deducted the application fee, if so then you know that they have opened your application and your AOR is in the mail. :)

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/biq/paris/dcs-travailleurs/index.html
Hi Shay89, Thanks a lot for your clear reply....Actually i'm applying through a lawyer in Montreal and i have sent him the fees, therefore i can not check if they deduct my fees or not. Any way, noting to do except waiting...Thanks again.....i can see that you have got your AOR after 4 month this year right? What is your AOT, French level, English, level, married,kids????

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shay89 said:
Hi niravk,

I agree with Harit79, I'm pretty sure your AOT will fetch you 6 points.
Thanks harit79 and shay89. Your efforts are appreciated

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Umer Shahzad said:
[b[ i think so this is your another i'd nevielk ? u got ur application invalided from BIQ ?
Dear umer shahzad

I am yet to file my application..with the new rules coming in place for language proficiency my application has been delayed :( :( :( :( :(

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - Paris, Federal Stage - LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
esssso said:
Hi Shay89, Thanks a lot for your clear reply....Actually i'm applying through a lawyer in Montreal and i have sent him the fees, therefore i can not check if they deduct my fees or not. Any way, noting to do except waiting...Thanks again.....i can see that you have got your AOR after 4 month this year right? What is your AOT, French level, English, level, married,kids????
Hey esssso,

No worries :) Yes that's right. I applied on 8th June 2012, and 4 months later, around the 8th of October 2012, they deducted the fee from my bank account and a few days later, I got my AOR through the post. My AOT is code U074 which will get me 6 points, I am a single applicant, so no spouse or kids, for my IELTS I got 7.5 (for Listening) and 8.0 (for Speaking), so for English language, I will get 6 points. For French I did the TEFAQ and I got B2 (for Listening) and C1 (for Speaking), and so for French Language I will get 14 points. So altogether for language points, if I have calculated the points system right, I will get a possible 20 out of 22. :)

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
shay89 said:
Hey esssso,

No worries :) Yes that's right. I applied on 8th June 2012, and 4 months later, around the 8th of October 2012, they deducted the fee from my bank account and a few days later, I got my AOR through the post. My AOT is code U074 which will get me 6 points, I am a single applicant, so no spouse or kids, for my IELTS I got 7.5 (for Listening) and 8.0 (for Speaking), so for English language, I will get 6 points. For French I did the TEFAQ and I got B2 (for Listening) and C1 (for Speaking), and so for French Language I will get 14 points. So altogether for language points, if I have calculated the points system right, I will get a possible 20 out of 22. :)

Congrats!! those are perfect language scores!! what is your overall score though?

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
shay89 said:
Hey esssso,

Hi Shay89,
Your quick reply is highly appreciated, thanks to update me with your info, you score is quite good, that's why you was able to get your AOR in 4 months under the new rules and i think you might be waived from interview as well..maybe this is the reason they delay this year to issue the AOR to waive some potential applicants. regarding my case, Pls see below and i hope if you can help me with your opinion:
Can some one help me to confirm whether if i'm eligible to immigrate to Quebec or not based on my below status. Actually. i'm applying already in Jun 2012 through an Lawyer in Quebec and he confirmed me that it's OK i can apply........but i have one doubt in my area of training as per the below table, you can see my AOT is not in the list......., so i get Zero point but my wife is in the list as Accounting......but i'm the applicant cause i'm already passing TEFAQ with good score , if i wait for my wife's TEFAQ, we should wait another 6 months at least. Also i haven't got FN/AOR until now which makes me worried cause my lawyer have applied from 3 months but he told me it's going very slowly now.
To make myself calm, i made the Assessment many times on Quebec website and each time i got the MSG that i can go on for applying....but i'm still worried regarding my AOT......Also i have sent my case to another lawyer and he told me the same.i can apply..however my APT is not in the list....I'm really confused......
Can any one read my case and feed back...,, thanks...

Education BSC 5 years Textile Engineering University+ Post graduate diploma 2 years in Garment industry: 10 pts
Area of training Textile & garment Engineering ::: 0 pts
Work exp. Production manager in garment field currently and last 5 years : 8 pts
French TEFAQ: B1 listening & C1 speaking 12 pts
English IELTS: 6 listening & 7 speaking 5 pts
my wife's education AOT: Accounting , BSC 4 years Faculty of Commerce and accounting dept. as spous : 3 pts
My wife's work exp: . 1 year 2 pts
My wife's Age 34: 3 pts
My wife's French : ( My lawyer told me no need French Test. but if she take TEFAQ She can get B1 & B2) As spouse: 0 pts
My wife's English IELTS: 6.5 listening & 7 speaking : As spouse : 0 pts
Children 2 kids under 12 years : 8 pts
Finance no problem : 1 pts

Total points 62 pts

Thanks,

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
esssso said:
Hi Shay89,
Your quick reply is highly appreciated, thanks to update me with your info, you score is quite good, that's why you was able to get your AOR in 4 months under the new rules and i think you might be waived from interview as well..maybe this is the reason they delay this year to issue the AOR to waive some potential applicants. regarding my case, Pls see below and i hope if you can help me with your opinion:
Can some one help me to confirm whether if i'm eligible to immigrate to Quebec or not based on my below status. Actually. i'm applying already in Jun 2012 through an Lawyer in Quebec and he confirmed me that it's OK i can apply........but i have one doubt in my area of training as per the below table, you can see my AOT is not in the list......., so i get Zero point but my wife is in the list as Accounting......but i'm the applicant cause i'm already passing TEFAQ with good score , if i wait for my wife's TEFAQ, we should wait another 6 months at least. Also i haven't got FN/AOR until now which makes me worried cause my lawyer have applied from 3 months but he told me it's going very slowly now.
To make myself calm, i made the Assessment many times on Quebec website and each time i got the MSG that i can go on for applying....but i'm still worried regarding my AOT......Also i have sent my case to another lawyer and he told me the same.i can apply..however my APT is not in the list....I'm really confused......
Can any one read my case and feed back...,, thanks...

Education BSC 5 years Textile Engineering University+ Post graduate diploma 2 years in Garment industry: 10 pts
Area of training Textile & garment Engineering ::: 0 pts
Work exp. Production manager in garment field currently and last 5 years : 8 pts
French TEFAQ: B1 listening & C1 speaking 12 pts
English IELTS: 6 listening & 7 speaking 5 pts
my wife's education AOT: Accounting , BSC 4 years Faculty of Commerce and accounting dept. as spous : 3 pts
My wife's work exp: . 1 year 2 pts
My wife's Age 34: 3 pts
My wife's French : ( My lawyer told me no need French Test. but if she take TEFAQ She can get B1 & B2) As spouse: 0 pts
My wife's English IELTS: 6.5 listening & 7 speaking : As spouse : 0 pts
Children 2 kids under 12 years : 8 pts
Finance no problem : 1 pts

Total points 62 pts

Thanks,

To Master 7 and Esssso,

Here's my detailed summary profile:

Education: University Degree (Bachelor of Arts - 3 years) 10 points
Area of Training : (U074) 6 points
Work Experience: (12 months) 4 points
Language Proficiency 20 points
Financial Self – Sufficiency 1 point

So my overall score is 57.

Hey Esssso,

I don't want to worry or scare you but I'm pretty sure that if you add a spouse to your application, she too has to sit the French language test. For IELTS, only you as the main applicant have to send the test score but for French Language, your wife too should have sat and sent her French test score. I know a couple who applied to go to Quebec, and the husband was the main applicant but they both sat the French test and both sent their test scores but for English Language, only the husband had to send the test score. Have a look at the website.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/language-skills.html
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/note-language-skills.html

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
shay89 said:
To Master 7 and Esssso,

Here's my detailed summary profile:

Education: University Degree (Bachelor of Arts - 3 years) 10 points
Area of Training : (U074) 6 points
Work Experience: (12 months) 4 points
Language Proficiency 20 points
Financial Self – Sufficiency 1 point

So my overall score is 57.

Hey Esssso,

I don't want to worry or scare you but I'm pretty sure that if you add a spouse to your application, she too has to sit the French language test. For IELTS, only you as the main applicant have to send the test score but for French Language, your wife too should have sat and sent her French test score. I know a couple who applied to go Quebec, and the husband was the main applicant but they both sat the French test and sent both their test scores but for English Language, only the husband had to send the test score. Have a look at the website.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/language-skills.html
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/note-language-skills.html
Hi Shay89,
Actually, we are working on this as a plan b in case i'm rejected, cause my wife is an accountant and can get 6 points under AOT and she knows some French, she will take TEFAQ in Feb, so we can send the certificate on March or April at most no matter i'm still the main applicant to give more support to our file or in case i'm rejected and she will be the main applicant, and in case she get B1 & B1 in TEFAQ, she can get 64 points without adaptability... ...But what do you think regarding my AOT zero point?? As i read today that there is one applicant named jeffh1687 have got his CSQ already while he mentioned that his French is not very good & he has zero AOT !!! What do you think????

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
esssso said:
Hi Shay89,
Actually, we are working on this as a plan b in case i'm rejected, cause my wife is an accountant and can get 6 points under AOT and she knows some French, she will take TEFAQ in Feb, so we can send the certificate on March or April at most no matter i'm still the main applicant to give more support to our file or in case i'm rejected and she will be the main applicant, and in case she get B1 & B1 in TEFAQ, she can get 64 points without adaptability... ...But what do you think regarding my AOT zero point?? As i read today that there is one applicant named jeffh1687 have got his CSQ already while he mentioned that his French is not very good & he has zero AOT !!! What do you think????
Hi Esssso,

That's the thing, jeffh1687 got his CSQ even though he has no AOT points because he submitted his application in 2011 (if I'm not mistaken). So BIQ treated his application as per the rules during that time/year. However earlier this year, so 2012, the government changed the rules and as from (I think) June 2012, all applicants who submit their application must have an AOT that will get them 6, 12 or 16 points. That is probably a reason why you haven't received AOR yet.

Also the government enforced language requirement rules in December 2011, but I think jeffh1687 had already sent his application before that date/these new rules and regulations, hence more reason why BIQ treated his application as per the rules before December 2011.

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
shay89 said:
Hi Esssso,

That's the thing, jeffh1687 got his CSQ even though he has no AOT points because he submitted his application in 2011 (if I'm not mistaken). So BIQ treated his application as per the rules during that time/year. However earlier this year, so 2012, the government changed the rules and as from (I think) June 2012, all applicants who submit their application must have an AOT that will get them 6, 12 or 16 points. That is probably a reason why you haven't received AOR yet.

Also the government enforced language requirement rules in December 2011, but I think jeffh1687 had already sent his application before that date/these new rules and regulations, hence more reason why BIQ treated his application as per the rules before December 2011.
Hi Shay89,
Yes i agree with you regarding jeffh1687, but if they need to reject me, they would return back my file....not waiting 6 months till now....right? Plus also, according to the below point, that if the applicant OR THE SPOUSE..BLA BLA...SO, MAYBE IF THE APPLICANT get 0 but spous get 6 points for example, so we still can apply ?? I understand it like that...what do you think?? I'm just trying to calm down myself..ha ha ha..
you or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at
least equal to the number of years required to
obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have
practiced, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of
your application, a profession or trade in an area related to that diploma.

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
esssso said:
Hi Shay89,
Yes i agree with you regarding jeffh1687, but if they need to reject me, they would return back my file....not waiting 6 months till now....right? Plus also, according to the below point, that if the applicant OR THE SPOUSE..BLA BLA...SO, MAYBE IF THE APPLICANT get 0 but spous get 6 points for example, so we still can apply ?? I understand it like that...what do you think?? I'm just trying to calm down myself..ha ha ha..
you or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at
obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have
practiced, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of

Yeah that’s how I understand it too. So if your wife’s AOT falls under the 6 points category, your application will be awarded 6 points for AOT. So yeah, the best thing to do right now is to be patient and wait till January. I’m sure you’ll hear something by then. Also make sure your wife sits her French exam and sends her scores as soon as possible, that will give your application a boost and get an overall higher point score. :)

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
shay89 said:
Yeah that's how I understand it too. So if your wife's AOT falls under the 6 points category, your application will be awarded 6 points for AOT. So yeah, the best thing to do right now is to be patient and wait till January. I'm sure you'll hear something by then. Also make sure your wife sits her French exam and sends her scores as soon as possible, that will give your application a boost and get an overall higher point score. :)
Thank you very much Shay for your concern and replying me. May i ask you where r u from? I'm from Egypt but currently working in China,,,

jeffh1687

Dec 6, 2012
esssso said:
Hi Shay89,
I submitted my application in May 2011. The new rules for Quebec immigration came out in March 2012. I would not qualify under the new rules anymore, if I submitted my application this year. I thought my application would be rejected under the new rules, but apparently, they applied the old rules for my case. Regarding French, I don't think my French is good at all. Again, since I prepared well for the interview, my French sounds much better that it really is. In a word, I do think I am really lucky.

And again, the interviewer in Atlanta is a really really nice guy, though he looks rather strict and serious.

shay89

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
ENGLAND
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
CSQ - 11 OCT' 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with IELTS
Interview........
esssso said:
Thank you very much Shay for your concern and replying me. May i ask you where r u from? I'm from Egypt but currently working in China,,,
No worries, esssso :) Just happy to help. I'm from Mauritius but currently living in England.

And (to jeffh1687), yeah I figured that's what happened... you must have sent your application in 2011 before all these new rules. Congrats on getting CSQ :)