+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

NIKHIL111

Oct 26, 2011
Hello Friends

Could you please me advice me on the following french language issues

1- Is it important to take classes from Alliance Française and register for exam with them as well?
2- Which exam is easy and approved by quebec immigration keeping in view that I am only looking for expertise in speaking & Listening?
3- How much does the classes cost for example I spoke to Alliance Française in london they said because you are at beginner level, you atleast need to do 3 different levels before appearing in TEFaQ exam(they dont offer TCF or DELF A1 or A2). and each level is 285 GBP for 30 hours lesson which is like 855 pounds + the cost of TEFaQ exam. This is really very expensive for me ? what should i do.

Regards
Nikhil

dreamingforcanada

Dec 20, 2011
same here in Qatar, Francais Cultural Centre is the one offering the French Language lesson and to get A1 level I need to spend US$1,400 aside from the fees that I need to take DELF exam.

Same question also, do I need to enrol in Francais Cultural Centre or I can enrol in other language school and take the exams in FCC. Thanks.

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
dreamingforcanada said:
same here in Qatar, Francais Cultural Centre is the one offering the French Language lesson and to get A1 level I need to spend US$1,400 aside from the fees that I need to take DELF exam.

Same question also, do I need to enrol in Francais Cultural Centre or I can enrol in other language school and take the exams in FCC. Thanks.
Dear dreamingforcanada and otehrs,

It is not necessary to prepare from AF for DELF/ TEFaQ/ TCFQ / Other exams, if you can prepare yourself then you can do it in your way, but unfortunately AF is on providing testing services for French tests so you have to register with AF for all sort of French test.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
lacoclub1 said:
I have one question is that this benchmark for French language does effect from 6 December 2011, doesn't it? For the spouse, to get 2 points of French, he/she must get at least Delf A1 (au moins 16 sur 25). Is that right?

And for the applications submitted before that date, French language is still followed by old benchmarking. It means that for the spouse to get 2 points of French, he/she only needs to get Delf A1 (no need to get 16/25 points per skill). Is that right?

Does everyone know? Please help me to answer this!

Thank you very much all!!

Hello
The 16/25 rule started from Sept. 2011 not from Dec. you can check the guide of Sept.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Umer Shahzad said:
@ Javed bhai .. i do under stand

if you will pass A1 get more then 16 marks then you will get 2 points
ifyou will pass A2 get more then 16 marks then you will get 6 Points
similarly B1 will give you 8
B2 10 its 12 points for B2
C1 and C2 will give you 16

regards

Umer

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello dear all Quebec aspirants,

Processing Time(table) and Schedule of Selection missions of All BIQ's updated. (Updated:01-03-2012 )

Processing Time Table...

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/immigration-application/processing-times-table.html

Schedule of Selection Missions...

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/divers/Programmation-missions-travailleurs-lieu-en.pdf

Note: If you have bookmarked the above link in your browser then "REFRESH" your webpage in order to see the update.

Yogie

lacoclub1

Mar 2, 2012
Bachar said:

Hello
The 16/25 rule started from Sept. 2011 not from Dec. you can check the guide of Sept.
Thank you, Bachar, for your responding!

According to you, it means that for the application submitting before Sept.2011, in order to claim 2 points for French, spouse only have Delf A1 (no needs 16/25). Is that right?

Thank you so much!!!

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
@ lacoclub1,
Yes bachar is correct.
See below post related to calculations of points for delf-dalf A1 and above levels after sept 2011.

Regarding ur query for spouse, yes it is general rule that a person cant take A2 directly before passing A1, however it is possible that he/she can take both A1 and A2 exams simulteneously in one exam schedule.
I did the same, i took A1 on 21 nov 2011 and A2 on 22 nov 2011. So it is possible.
But points given to spouse for A1 as well as A2 is same. total of 2 points (1 for speaking +1 for listening) will be given, if spouse have passed A1 only or A1 and A2 both.

mkshah said:
hi bachar / pony
There is some correction in your info...
This page and table mentioned by bachar was changed in sept 2011 edition GP-3-1 where they have clearly mentioned about awarding points for score above 16/25 in DELF tests.

But they made it mandatory from 6th Dec 2011 to submit language test results along with the application if an applicant wish to claim points for language proficiency.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi dreamingforcanada and other friends,

Well, DELF, Dalf, tcf, tef, tcfq, tefaq are french proficiency tests approved by quebec immigration authorities to award points for french proficiency of an applicant.
AF is only the authorized exam centres approved to take these tests. It is not mandatory that you must join courses run by AF if you want to take these tests.
You can do self- study also or join some private tutor also to learn french and then register for this tests as an EXTERNAL STUDENT and take exams.
Surely the exam fees are kept more For external students by AF. But you can do it for sure.

i will post the links in my next post for learning french by self-study.

dreamingforcanada said:

lacoclub1

Mar 2, 2012
mkshah said:
@ lacoclub1,
Yes bachar is correct.
See below post related to calculations of points for delf-dalf A1 and above levels after sept 2011.

Regarding ur query for spouse, yes it is general rule that a person cant take A2 directly before passing A1, however it is possible that he/she can take both A1 and A2 exams simulteneously in one exam schedule.
I did the same, i took A1 on 21 nov 2011 and A2 on 22 nov 2011. So it is possible.
But points given to spouse for A1 as well as A2 is same. total of 2 points (1 for speaking +1 for listening) will be given, if spouse have passed A1 only or A1 and A2 both.
Thank you, Mkshah!!!

In my case, my wife is main applicant. we submitted our application in May.2011. And now, we plan to take Delf exam in May 2012, if my wife passes Delf A2 and I pass Delf A1, and our scores are only 14/25 for each skill. Do we claims 6 points for my wife (delf A2) and 2 points for me (delf A1) from French?

Thank you!!!

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi lacoclub 1,
Give ur details as follows:
Main applicant:
Which level of DELF Exam cleared:
Score in listening:
Score in speaking:
Over all score:

Give the same details for spouse also.
Then, I will tell u points to be given for ur french exams.

lacoclub1 said:
Thank you, Mkshah!!!

In my case, my wife is main applicant. we submitted our application in May.2011. And now, we plan to take Delf exam in May 2012, if my wife passes Delf A2 and I pass Delf A1, and our scores are only 14/25 for each skill. Do we claims 6 points for my wife (delf A2) and 2 points for me (delf A1) from French?

Thank you!!!

lacoclub1

Mar 2, 2012
Thank you Mkshah for your quick resonding!

We plan to take Delf exam in May 2012. For example, my wife is main applicant and if she got A2 delf certificate, her speaking is 14/25, and her listening is 13/25. And I, if I got delf A1 certificate, and my speaking is 14 and listening is 10/25. Our file number was issued in May 2011.

How many points we get from French follow these certificate?
Thank you very much!!

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
@ lacoclub 1,
Pls see below post related to ur query for points of french for application submutted before dec 6th 2011.
As per this post, all applicant before dec 6th 2011 will not be afftected by the changes in language proficiency.
vibez_well said:
1. Its stated in the text of the news release, that it is not a retro-active change. meaning that any application received before Dec 5 will not be affected by the changes.

Cases where BIQ received the application, but the AoR was not issued - will also not be affected by the changes.

2. "Pre Dec 5" cases without language tests will continue to be evaluated at the interview stage by the case officer. But we are encouraged to submit language test scores to speed up the processing. ::)

Code:
This change is not retroactive, so applications received at Quebec Immigration visa offices before December 5th (or postmarked before December 5th) do not need to submit language test scores.

However, the Quebec Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities suggests that all candidates whose applications were received before December 5th also submit test scores to confirm their language skills in French and English; this can help the candidate and accelerate the processing of their application.

Here is the original PDF of the announcement. (En Français)
http://bit.ly/v3702F

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hello dreamingforcanada and other friends,
here is the list of resources for self-study for french language tests.
Many thanks to forum member fresco for gathering this list.

fReSco said:
Okay here is the complete list of French Resources so that could be easy for everyone to consult:

[size=10pt][size=10pt]French Resources:[/size][/size]

Collins French with Paul Noble.
Francis Interactif ---> A complete text book with audios and pdf for free by University of Texas Austin.
Preparation A L'Examen Du DELF A1.
DELF A1 150 Activities.
Tout va Bien DELF A1 A2.
Rosettastone French Level 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 (For Vocabulary).
Bassu.com (For Vocabulary). -- credit goes to StillHope
Le Petit Larousse (Dictionary).
MS Encarta Student (Dictionary, Translation) reference.
Google Translation : )

[size=10pt][size=10pt]FEL course offered by the Governement of Quebec is free but you need CSQ or AOR number to register.[/size][/size] credit goes to ready4canada
https://www.francisationenligne.gouv.qc.ca/

Resources I didn't check:
Coffee break French.
French with Michal Thomes.

And yes I forget to mention Yale University Press's videos.
BBC French 1.
BBC French II (can be downloaded from some torrent site).

http://french.about.com/ credit goes to canadianmaz
Thank you angeleye for the resources below:
Rocket french.
BBC french courses.
click on french .

You guys are welcome to add any known resources to the list. Thanks