Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi friends,
Slightly modifying my post here.
tefaq and tcfq is not taken by AF centres available in india, but surely if any person from India wants to take this test at location in other country, surely he can do it. Such as one member hokaito has shared in his post that AF colambo in sri lanka is taking TEFaQ. So a person from India can surely visit colambo for this test.

mkshah said:
hi badal,
if you are from india, then u will not be able to take TEFaQ or TCFQ, but surely DELF is available with all centres of Alliance Francaise in India.
If you are looking at TCF or TEF then AF mumbai & AF new delhi are arranging these tests.

Now comparing Delf with tef and tcf.
Delf is having level wise exams such as A1, A2 and so on, where you will be able to take exam as you pass one level aftet the other, but tef/tcf is not having any levels. There any person can take the test and based on the score he, she achieved, it will be compared with equivalent levels of delf.
One more point with tef/tcf is that you can get different level scores for different sections of exam, such as in speaking if your score is equivalent to B1 and in listening youe score can be different, say, equivalent to B2. So you can get different points for different sections in tef/tcf.
Also delf has passing criteria for min score of 5 out of 25 in each section along with overall passing score of 50 out of 100.
Tcf/tef have no such passing score criteria.

For your info: AF TRIVENDRUM schedules TEFaQ if there are minimum 4 registrations for the exam.

I hope this info will be helpful to you.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,
I hope this will help for the applicant who are preparing for interview.

http://www.canadavisa.com/preparing-for-the-quebec-selection-interview.html

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

One more news for person applying under Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/quebec-employers-no-longer-must-recruit-locally-to-hire-foreign-workers-for-range-of-jobs.html

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi harit,
Thanks for sharing this link. It is quite informative.
harit79 said:
Hello Everyone,

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
harit79 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks and Great job!!!

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
mkshah said:
hi badal,
if you are from india, then u will not be able to take TEFaQ or TCFQ, but surely DELF is available with all centres of Alliance Francaise in India.
If you are looking at TCF or TEF then AF mumbai & AF new delhi are arranging these tests.

Now comparing Delf with tef and tcf.
Delf is having level wise exams such as A1, A2 and so on, where you will be able to take exam as you pass one level aftet the other, but tef/tcf is not having any levels. There any person can take the test and based on the score he, she achieved, it will be compared with equivalent levels of delf.
One more point with tef/tcf is that you can get different level scores for different sections of exam, such as in speaking if your score is equivalent to B1 and in listening youe score can be different, say, equivalent to B2. So you can get different points for different sections in tef/tcf.
Also delf has passing criteria for min score of 5 out of 25 in each section along with overall passing score of 50 out of 100.
Tcf/tef have no such passing score criteria.

For your info: AF TRIVENDRUM schedules TEFaQ if there are minimum 4 registrations for the exam.

I hope this info will be helpful to you.

M.K shah, Thanks for information.

I am in Canada, so I think I can give any exam.
You compare it very well, but what is the final conclusion?

People are preferring DELF, what is your point?

Thanks again for useful information.

destCAD

Aug 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal North America
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011-09-29
AOR Received.
2011-11-16
Med's Request
2013-10-11
Med's Done....
2013-11-25
Interview........
2013-06-14
I guess it all boils down an individual's capability.
I prefer TEFQ, though i already had French as a second language for two years.
Both tests are approved by Quebec Immigration, hence the point then boils down to prove you know french...

Based on an individual's french conversation ability with the officer at the interview, it could go either ways...the officer may decide to get serious conversation out of you in french based on your fluency, or choose to be on the lighter side by simply asking very few basic questions to verify your adaptability.

Hence i would prefer to prepare for the worst case, and do my best to speak,read french.

Hope that helps.

destCAD

Aug 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal North America
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011-09-29
AOR Received.
2011-11-16
Med's Request
2013-10-11
Med's Done....
2013-11-25
Interview........
2013-06-14
How can i modify profile setting like others ? Like how can show these details against my profile.

Nationality: India
Opened on: 2011-08-19
Submitted date: 2011-09-29
AOR date: 0011-11-16
Interview date:
Medical date:
V.O. Deadline:
Destination:
Category: QC
Embassy: Montreal

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
I just received my second AOR now i.e. for the Federal application after about 4 months and 12 days through my representatives, the received email is dated today 29th February 2012, hence I now have my UCI and my application number for verifying my status online after my application was confirmed to have been received on the 17th October 2011.
I guess it's another positive step in the right direction, my fingers remains crossed as I await the remaining phases of the process..... the waiting game continues.

Cheers

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Once you are login with username and password, you have to click on Profile option on top and go to Forum Information tab.
destCAD said:
How can i modify profile setting like others ? Like how can show these details against my profile.

Interview date:
Medical date:
V.O. Deadline:
Destination:

hokaito

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
1123 / 4163 / 0124
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
destCAD said:

Interview date:
Medical date:
V.O. Deadline:
Destination:
This entire thing will be enabled for your user id once you post more than 20 posts on this forum.

hokaito

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
1123 / 4163 / 0124
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
destCAD said:
I guess it all boils down an individual's capability.
I prefer TEFQ, though i already had French as a second language for two years.
Both tests are approved by Quebec Immigration, hence the point then boils down to prove you know french...

Based on an individual's french conversation ability with the officer at the interview, it could go either ways...the officer may decide to get serious conversation out of you in french based on your fluency, or choose to be on the lighter side by simply asking very few basic questions to verify your adaptability.

Hence i would prefer to prepare for the worst case, and do my best to speak,read french.

Hope that helps.
Exactly. My advice to all those who will have to learn french is that you are allowed to appear for any test that qualifies you of speaking and understanding french. It does not matter which certification you are going through.

For e.g.: DELF - DELF consists of 4 portions which includes listening, reading, writing & speaking whereas TEFaQ emphasises more on listening and speaking. However, the base for any language depends on the grammer. if you know what is the correct way to frame a sentence, you will be able to read, write, speak and understand the language. Some tests may take all 4 portions to assess you whereas the other tests may take only a part of it.

Most important thing is PRACTISE. I have realised that in the past 2 months that if you do not practise the language then you are bound to find this language difficult. Keep practising and appear for whatever assessment you are ready to take. Check with your local AF centres as to which tests do they conduct and appear for it (i know it is a long process but a process is a process).

Atlast i would want to say - Bonne Chance. Yes, your efforts and luck play an important role. Both go side by side. Try your best and leave the rest on luck.

Regards,

Hokaito

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi 4glory,
congrats for federal AOR.

which is ur VO and where did you sent your docs? to your VO or to CIO, NOVA SCOTIA?

Wish you good luck for the remaining formalities :)
4glory said:
I just received my second AOR now i.e. for the Federal application after about 4 months and 12 days through my representatives, the received email is dated today 29th February 2012, hence I now have my UCI and my application number for verifying my status online after my application was confirmed to have been received on the 17th October 2011.
I guess it's another positive step in the right direction, my fingers remains crossed as I await the remaining phases of the process..... the waiting game continues.

Cheers

gladiusraj

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ready for reapply
Hello Guys any updates after 5 December rule for language ??? Any changes in occupation list or in courses ??

gryffindorgirl

Feb 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
6-1-2012
IELTS Request
16-3-2012(sent)
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
devang3d said:
Hello @ gryffindorgirl

I think you can send them "attestation de resussi"...this is a temporary mark sheet given by AF...so you can utilize them...Generally ADR comes after 2 months from exam..When did you gave your exam...?
@devang3d hey! thank you for ur reply. yes im aware that ADR comes after 2 months. even the normal results which AF wil give i.e, "attestation de resussi" will be given only after a month(it takes that much time to announce the results). i gave my exam on feb 15th. so basically i have to wait for a month to get "attestation de resussi" from AF nd 2 months to get the original ADR. can you please tell me what i should expect or do next once this step of submitting the results is done? waiting for ur reply. thank you.