Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Hello Mkshah,
When you say 12pts for a masters degree, do you mean "EXTRA POINTS" or what?..please explain

thanks

gladiusraj

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ready for reapply

snehal29

Nov 9, 2011
Hello seniors,

I am planning to apply for QUEBEC. But Since December the rules have changed it says its mandatory to provide IELTS results. I think my score is just at the minimum without language points do I have to still go for IELTS.

Is anyone on the same boat?

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
snehal29 said:
Hello seniors,

I am planning to apply for QUEBEC. But Since December the rules have changed it says its mandatory to provide IELTS results. I think my score is just at the minimum without language points do I have to still go for IELTS.

Is anyone on the same boat?
Yes you will need to do "Language Testing" (French / English), if you want to get points in that areas. But I STRONGLY
recommend you to do them, becoz they might take it as an excuse to reject your file...but if you have everuthing in place
you are good 2 go

hec006

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
kps2011 said:
Hi hec006,

Can you please advise me on this ASAP.Thanks in advance.

For AOT Case:
My spouse education details.

1. B.COM 1996 - 1999

2. M.B.A in Finance 2004 - 2007

Work Experience

1. 1999- 2000 worked as accounts executive (Non IT) -- Point 0 ( because this experience gained before 5 years from the time of CSQ application.
2. 2002- 2003 worked as SAP End user.(Non IT) -- SAP End user is definitely IT experience. -- 0 point -- because it is not related to B. COM, exp gained before 5 years.
3. From 2003 - Till Date working on SAP FICO in the IT company.( Note: some exp fall into before his MBA and after his MBA)-- 2003 --2004exp will not be counted as it is gained before 5 year from the time of application. 2007-2012-- exp will be counted but you have to prove SAP FICO is related to MBA Finance because Immigration people are not SAP guy. ;D . Hence, if you can prove then -- 2point(probable).

I would suggest to submit the application ASAP because you can get points in AOT for your degree, because it is completed within 5 years in 2007(May). If, I am not wrong. Now, it is January, 2012.

I think that MBA(Finance) is part time degree. because it takes 3 years. Hence, please confirm with BIQ Hong Kong by email that they will consider part time degree or not. Ask them also they give points part time degree or not, if MBA Finance is completed part time basis.

Kindly now calculate his AOT points as how Visa Officer will consder his degree/masters for giving the best AOT points. Also give me your suggestion reg what needs to be done in this favour.

Many thanks once again for your personal/valuable time.

Styl Hunt

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2012
I have done Bachehor In Chemical Technology from Karachi University from 2002 -2005 , its a four year degree and having following profile;

Qualification : 16 years of Education ( Bs in Chemical Technology)

Experience : Ist Job 2006 ro 2010 as a R & D Chemist ( Textile Auxiallaries) around 4 years 2 months and 2nd Job : around 2 years from 2010 to till now as an Asst Technical Sales Manager ( Textile Auxiallaries)

Englisgh Language : 6.5 in Listening and 6.5 in speaking

French : Delf A1 ( speaking 22 /25) and listening (21/25)
Delf A2 ( Speakingg 22/25) and listening (12.5/25) recenetly results are innounced by AFK.

Further, Taking class of B1Age : 30

Please advise about my total points, i am going to fila case this month.

regards

Ahmed

kps2011

Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
hi kps2011,
there is a previous post from member hec006 on this thread.
pl see the text of the link I posted in my previous mail:
....in GPI it is mentioned the following,

Pour se voir attribuer des points au critère Domaine de formation, le candidat doit détenir un diplôme « terminal » conduisant directement à l'exercice d'une profession.

To be awarded points for the test area of ​​training, the candidate must have a degree "terminal" leading directly to the practice of a profession.

That's why you have not received points or AOT. your profession should start after your degree. Even though, AOT is separated from profession, but they want to assume AOT and Professional experience( may be in domain diferent from degree) is intact.

Hence, for example you have completed B.Com in 2004-2007. You have exp in from 2007-2008. You have completed M.COM in 2008-2010. You have applied to Quebec immigration in 2010. You will get points for your master degree and you will get points for your area of training because you have the professional experience in 2007-2008 that is after your degree B.COM( which is area of training list). That means, your exp after your listed area of training will help you to get points in AOT. May be your exp related to your work or completed within 5 years, whichever is valid. That means , in this case your AOT points will be calculated solely on the basis B.COM, and not M.COM.

You have got points for your exp, because they give points for exp, if it is within last 5 years, may be or may not be directly after your listed area of training degree. This is not true for AOT marks.

Hope this helps.
Thanks mkshah for your replies. This AOT point is trying to get special attention in calculating points.I have read above post and yet to compare with my case.Hopefully, i wish i will suceed in finalising with this point today.

maccuet

Aug 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Sep. 2011
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
22 Oct. 2011
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Interview........
Waiting
maccuet said:
Friends

I received my AOR on 22 Oct 2011. I am still waiting for reply from Hongkong office; I don't know French, just little practicing now. in my application I put it zero.

I am very much worried about my point calculation. I don't know either they will reject my application or not. Could anyone re-count my points?

1) 26 years, B.Sc in Civil Engineer with 3 year 10 months experience in Dubai (until application send date, now already 4 year +)
2) IELTS (W-6.5, R-5.5, S-7, L-6) and English medium study certificate from University.
3) French= 0
4) Some professional training certificate.

I will appreciate if someone can help to do that.

Thanks

Mahadi

Could anyone give me information?

kps2011

Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hec006 said:
Hi hec006,
Please see my comments in red below.
1. 1999- 2000 worked as accounts executive (Non IT) -- Point 0 ( because this experience gained before 5 years from the time of CSQ application. Ok I agree.
2. 2002- 2003 worked as SAP End user.(Non IT) -- SAP End user is definitely IT experience. -- 0 point -- because it is not related to B. COM, exp gained before 5 years. Ok i agree to understand that only exp gaining 5 years before filing an application will consider.
3. From 2003 - Till Date working on SAP FICO in the IT company.( Note: some exp fall into before his MBA and after his MBA)-- 2003 --2004exp will not be counted as it is gained before 5 year from the time of application. 2007-2012-- exp will be counted but you have to prove SAP FICO is related to MBA Finance because Immigration people are not SAP guy. . Hence, if you can prove then -- 2point(probable).Ok, please do let me know how can i clarify/proof this point with them before filing an application.My visa office would be New delhi.

I would suggest to submit the application ASAP because you can get points in AOT for your degree, because it is completed within 5 years in 2007(May). If, I am not wrong. Now, it is January, 2012.Ok, i dont understand this point,can you brief me this point again. FYI, with assuming 2 points under AOT for my spouse(I am the primary applicant) we will score 57 threshold.So planning to file an application with attaching/claiming french proficiency to make my strong case which will be little delayed.

I think that MBA(Finance) is part time degree. because it takes 3 years. Hence, please confirm with BIQ Hong Kong by email that they will consider part time degree or not. Ask them also they give points part time degree or not, if MBA Finance is completed part time basis.No, this is not part time,its a regular one.So i dont think so it needs to write them
Many thanks once again!

hokaito

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
1123 / 4163 / 0124
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xse2573 said:
Yes you will need to do "Language Testing" (French / English) please specify a) either French or English or b) both , if you want to get points in that areas. But I STRONGLY
recommend you to do them, becoz they might take it as an excuse to reject your file...but if you have everuthing in place
you are good 2 go

librancool

Jan 28, 2011
Hi

What if i have already applied and want to withdraw my application and investment of $120000 for Quebec investor category?can i get my money back?

Jan 27, 2012
Hi mkshah,

Who ever can help on this, i am trying for the QSW got held up because of the DELF A1 verification, i am filing via. an agency in bangalore, India. Recently i got married and my my application status changed from single applicant to Principle applicant. Anyways i had started my process with them before the 6th Dec change in rule and before my marriage now. They ask me that we both need DELF A1 certification.
Can you guys suggest if there is a work around, to apply fast, as minimum i have to wait for 3 months before i can give my DELF A1 exam.
my details are:
Principle Applicant
=================
Age 29
Qualification : MCA (Masters in Computer Application) 3yrs degree
BCA (Bachelors in Computer Application) 3yrs degree
Work Exp: 5 yrs as a Software Quality Engineer
IELTS : not given
DELF A1 : not given

Dependent Applicant
=================
My Spouse
Age 26
Qualification : MCA (Masters in Computer Application) 3yrs degree
BCA (Bachelors in Computer Application) 3yrs degree
Work Exp: 4 yrs as a Application Release Engineer
IELTS : not given
DELF A1 : not given

Funds are sufficient, so we should get point for that too. Would giving IELTS alone work. My spouse has travelled a couple of times to US on B1 but i am not sure if it would help our case.

bajegirl100

Jan 27, 2012
Hi caribgrl55, Congrats on your success. I am now thinking of starting the process and would love to chat to ask some questions about the process.

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
Hello friends, :)

Finally today my status changed to In Process after 13 months and 2 weeks that they have received my file.

Can anyone tell me when may I get my holy MR?

Good Luck to all.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
CONGRATULATIONS geribubaboy :D ;D great news, hopefully you get your MR sooner than you are expecting :)

geribubaboy said:
Hello friends, :)

Finally today my status changed to In Process after 13 months and 2 weeks that they have received my file.

Can anyone tell me when may I get my holy MR?

Good Luck to all.