NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
DONSOFT said:
Read the advise from an immigrant below;

Cheating is ugly, nobody likes to be fooled, we are all doing things right and everything else. So I'm sure we will all agree that if someone made the papers for one province and ended up residing in another he then must pay a fine or whatever. On the other hand, I read that almost 11% of immigrants who arrived in the last 5 years ended in another province.

Many of us have lived in countries that did not care of our skills and knowledge. We ended up leaving because our countries did not give us the conditions to progress as we needed. There was no place for us. In my humble opinion, it's quite the same with the provinces. They open their doors to use on the assumption that we meet their requirements and we are the candidates they need to fill their gaps. It is then their responsibility to take care of us and our skills and that we do not end up moving to another part of the country. And God knows we make every effort to remain where we landed... but the money runs out, also does patience and we cannot live of thin air. When things get tough we have to take desperate measures. The Provinces have to analyze very well why that happens.

Do not be afraid of anything. Go to Quebec and have a life there. If things do not go well, take the measures you believe are the appropriate ones and always but always, document everything, keep everything. Tomorrow, you may need to backup your story and show that you've done everything right. You did not sign any commitment that forces you to stay in Quebec, you have just declared an intention. And is not the same. The day you find a job in another province after having tried unsuccessfully for months without results in Quebec, it will be a good idea to keep aside your 1000 applications in Montreal where you've never been called and the only job offer you were made by a company in that other province. So everything will be easier to clarify in the future.... if necessary.

Whether you apply to live in Canada or in Quebec, the result is the same: you obtain, if successful, the permanent residence in Canada. Sure, the two processes are a little bit different, but your permanent resident card is the same. Having the permanent residence in Canada gives you the right to live and work anywhere you like. Therefore, even if you apply for permanent residence in Quebec, no one can force you to stay there. However, when applying for permanent residence in Quebec, you do declare that you wish to live in Quebec.

But... if you're the malicious kind of guy that used Quebec as a “trampolin” to get off the plane elsewhere, always had that in mind and was your ultimate goal from the start... you should worry because you could end up having a problem with Immigration in the future.
I wish everyone of us find a good job there after arrival and those who are using QSW program as a way to enter other provinces should be stopped because they are taking away the opportunities from those who really want to live and work in Quebec.

Good luck everyone.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi guys, avelino and DONSOFT,
In my opinion, he should not wait later than end of august 2011, because he will get his 1st AOR within 1-1.5 months ie in september 2011 which is a normal time taken by BIQ and if rules are going to change somewhere around october then his file number should have come before that.

Now as per regular timeline interview comes after 6 months of receiving AOR and in this time, he must have easily reached to A2 level.

Also in the form he should tick to the french level appropriate to B1 level. So if he is scoring 50+ points, he will get 4+4=8 points for B1 level, and thus he will cross interview threshold here.

So, in my opinion, he should not wait more and he must send his application not later than end of august or early days of september, so as to avoid the changes in rules.

:) :)
DONSOFT said:
What will your score come to with A2 level French? When are you taking A2 proficiency test? Are you taking DELF/DALF, TCF/TCFQ or TEF/TEFaQ? December 2012 is too far .... the rules may have changed before then. They usually change the rules every 3 years and the last change was October 2009, so most likely there will be a majpr change by October of 2012.

Improve your points any way you can and file your application as soon as possible.

Good Luck!

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wingsofmaybe7777 said:
I know its crazy. Do you know how long after filing federal application did your friends get the medical request? Coz from my understanding its like if you get med request soon then you have to wait out your time after medicals.
Manoylo hasnt heard anything either. I have one other girl who did meds with me and she hasnt heard anything either (the same VO)

Dont rember where shahi's medicals were sent to, unfortunately. Hey, you may be the first one out of all of us right now to be getting PPR.
wingsofmaybe7777 said:
egrace, could you tell me how long after filing federal application did you friends get MR?

This wait is really not cool :(
those my countrymen are not on the QSW stream... but FSW.... one of them have stayed 23months on the federal queue :eek:... while the other who is on federal business class spent 20months :eek:
going by what u av opined in one of ur post (that one av to wait out ones time on the queue if one receives medical request pretty soon} then it implies that u av 5/6 months more to wait :eek: cos the normal processing time for QSW with the VO in Austrial is 11months.
in the light of this, ur CAIPs note will be able to tell us exactly what is wrong... depending on the B"FD stated there... my B'FD was stated as 8th August which is 53days after issuance of MR
well as for me.... hope are high.... am expecting next week...... cos these fellow countrymen took there medicals just 4days b4 me...... but if nothing shows up for me..... then i go back to sleep.....

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
egrace62... I seen your timeline... I am very happy to see those words "very very soon:. May god bless you with your wishes. :) :)
pls help me with your own experience.
when you filed your application, have you attached/send any exam result of french? or you just sent the french class registration slip?

Also it took almost 1 year now though your interview was waived, pls can you share what was the factor they considered for interview waiver, was it the french language score (may be B1 or B2 level) which got you waiver from interview...

egrace62 said:
those my countrymen are not on the QSW stream... but FSW.... one of them have stayed 23months on the federal queue :eek:... while the other who is on federal business class spent 20months :eek:
going by what u av opined in one of ur post (that one av to wait out ones time on the queue if one receives medical request pretty soon} then it implies that u av 5/6 months more to wait :eek: cos the normal processing time for QSW with the VO in Austrial is 11months.
in the light of this, ur CAIPs note will be able to tell us exactly what is wrong... depending on the B"FD stated there... my B'FD was stated as 8th August which is 53days after issuance of MR
well as for me.... hope are high.... am expecting next week...... cos these fellow countrymen took there medicals just 4days b4 me...... but if nothing shows up for me..... then i go back to sleep.....

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
mkshah said:
egrace62... I seen your timeline... I am very happy to see those words "very very soon:. May god bless you with your wishes. :) :) Amen... thanks bro for the prayers
pls help me with your own experience.
when you filed your application, have you attached/send any exam result of french? or you just sent the french class registration slip? since i did personal study.. i had no registration slip to send... i submitted DELF A2 result at the time of initial application.

Also it took almost 1 year now though your interview was waived, pls can you share what was the factor they considered for interview waiver, was it the french language score (may be B1 or B2 level) which got you waiver from interview... pls kindly go to page 330.... u will find the answer to this question in my post to regineone36

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
@ egrace,
I have enrolled now for A1 level and I am sure, I will be able to reach a2/b1 level within 6-8 months.

Also I am on 50 points+1 point (employability threshold) for self-sufficiency.

So is it possible, I just send my application in this month by ticking level A2 in the form and sending along with my french class registration slip.
This may took my points upto 57 points which is interview threshold.

Now if they call me for interview, it will take 6-8 months and by that time surly I should have reached to A2 level.

Have you seen anyone on this forum or in your acquintances doing this? I mean, will they accept my file today?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
mkshah said:
@ egrace,
I have enrolled now for A1 level and I am sure, I will be able to reach a2/b1 level within 6-8 months.

Also I am on 50 points+1 point (employability threshold) for self-sufficiency.

So is it possible, I just send my application in this month by ticking level A2 in the form and sending along with my french class registration slip.
This may took my points upto 57 points which is interview threshold.

Now if they call me for interview, it will take 6-8 months and by that time surly I should have reached to A2 level.

Have you seen anyone on this forum or in your acquintances doing this yeah there are several people on this forum who did so... but u must make sure your french skill get to the level u av ticked b4 ur interview call.. ? I mean, will they accept my file today? yeah they will. the period of waiting on the queue will afford u the opportunity to build ur french skills. but with this method, u av to see yourself as a debtor.. who is owing... and u must pay back ;D

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi again friends,

I wanted your opinions on a particular thing. I graduated recently and have got my Masters too and want to apply for Quebec but I don't have any work experience and want/have to get atleast 6 months work experience since that is the minimum work experience required for Quebec so that I can immediately apply after finishing 6-7 months of work experience in my home country. My job search is on now.

1) What I wanted to know is whether I should inform the company (which gives me a job offer here) right now itself about my intentions of leaving the job after 6 months (like an agreement or something in advance) or should I just get the job right now and then inform them after 6 months that I want to leave the job and apply for Quebec?

2) Would informing them later create a negative impression in the company's mind, because if I am not wrong, the Immigration authorities will interrogate them about my duties, performance on the job at some point of time and I don't want my employers to give them a negative opinion about me when questioned.

3) Basically, I don't want to hide my intentions to the company which gives me a job offer, but I also don't want to risk NOT getting the job because of being totally honest about my intentions of leaving the job. Which one is better?

4) One more thing, should I go for a normal job or an internship? And why?

Appreciate your opinions! Merci beaucoup :)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
:D :D :D :D
many many thanks dear sis... :) :) :)
you really enlighten my day...
I was so much worried about this one thing.. but now I will fasten things my way to send application asap...

just one thing, it will be tough for me to get the letter from my current employer since i dont wish them to know about this process yet, till the time things got on its way...
because, if this process will take some 8-12 months, then I need my paycheck every month to run my house :)
so can I send them my latest salary slips, for last 3 months along with my tax form and yearly appraisal report?
because it will be very tough for me to go to my boss or to hr person and ask him to give me something ..

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Amen!!!

quebec2011 said:
I wish everyone of us find a good job there after arrival and those who are using QSW program as a way to enter other provinces should be stopped because they are taking away the opportunities from those who really want to live and work in Quebec.

Good luck everyone.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
nevillek said:
Hi again friends,

I wanted your opinions on a particular thing. I graduated recently and have got my Masters too and want to apply for Quebec but I don't have any work experience and want/have to get atleast 6 months work experience since that is the minimum work experience required for Quebec so that I can immediately apply after finishing 6-7 months of work experience in my home country. My job search is on now. did u not participate in internship during ur study:? if yes those will be ok if it/they are up to 6months....

1) What I wanted to know is whether I should inform the company (which gives me a job offer here) right now itself about my intentions of leaving the job after 6 months (like an agreement or something in advance) or should I just get the job right now and then inform them after 6 months that I want to leave the job and apply for Quebec? and y will u want to do that? who told u that u will be asked to come pick up ur visa+ CSQ the following day after ur application... continue with ur job... right now i am preparing my luggage for landing and yet i have not informed my employee of my intension to resign even though i av been brandishing my resignation letter for months now... i want to get d PPR request b4 dropping the Great News :D

2) Would informing them later create a negative impression in the company's mind, because if I am not wrong, the Immigration authorities will interrogate them about my duties, performance on the job at some point of time and I don't want my employers to give them a negative opinion about me when questioned. only for few cases.. when they sense inconsistencies in the application form... no body showed up in my place of work. and niether did they call. even though the employment letter i submitted had the coy phone numbers,fax....

3) Basically, I don't want to hide my intentions to the company which gives me a job offer, but I also don't want to risk NOT getting the job because of being totally honest about my intentions of leaving the job. Which one is better?

4) One more thing, should I go for a normal job or an internship? And why?

Appreciate your opinions! Merci beaucoup :)

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
mkshah said:
:D :D :D :D
many many thanks dear sis... :) :) :)
you really enlighten my day...
I was so much worried about this one thing.. but now I will fasten things my way to send application asap...

just one thing, it will be tough for me to get the letter from my current employer since i dont wish them to know about this process yet, till the time things got on its way...
because, if this process will take some 8-12 months, then I need my paycheck every month to run my house :)
so can I send them my latest salary slips, for last 3 months along with my tax form and yearly appraisal report?
because it will be very tough for me to go to my boss or to hr person and ask him to give me something ..
just make sure u submit the ones u av stated above and anyother work related document in ur possession..... same happened to me took but i dare not ask my boss cos i would av been jobless long ago and i would not av been able to pay all thse immigration bills :D

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi egrace, how are you? Yes, I want to work only for 6-7 months because I will be busy next year with classes and other things throughout the day, so I will not be able to do the job during the "wait period". That is why I asked. :) I think it is better to be honest and let them know I want a temporary job only for 6-7 months, right? But then, will they employ me? :(

Also, what's better for my situation? Internship or job? Sorry I am not very knowledgeable about all this :(

P.S. No, I have never done any internship during my studies.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
yes sure.. I will send as many documents related to my job as i can.

Thanks, thanks, thanks again for your really superb support..
+1 for you.
egrace62 said:
just make sure u submit the ones u av stated above and anyother work related document in ur possession..... same happened to me took but i dare not ask my boss cos i would av been jobless long ago and i would not av been able to pay all thse immigration bills :D

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
nevillek said:
Hi egrace, how are you? Yes, I want to work only for 6-7 months because I will be busy next year with classes and other things throughout the day, so I will not be able to do the job during the "wait period". That is why I asked :)
whatever..... but i do not think ur prospective employer will like to employ someone who will soon leave them... u had bettre keep this to ur self.... dont count ur chicks b4 they are hatch..... but if u av done internship totally upto 6months or more during study that will be suffuicient for u as work experience.....

BTW Donsoft has very strong reasons to believe that work experience ins't necessary u may wish to PM him for more details