Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharptooth said:
dear all,

can any one share whether they got the expired cheque back through mail after receiving an email that it was posted back to you ??? how long it takes from montreal for a mail to be received in india once it is posted ??/ do they do it via registered post or normal mail or expedited mail....????

i got e mail on 9th april that a letter with your expired cheque was posted on 5th april 2013 but haven't received it yet....

those who got their expired cheque via mail was it via registed or normal post???? how long it took for them???

thanks....

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharptooth said:
dear all,

can any one share whether they got the expired cheque back through mail after receiving an email that it was posted back to you ??? how long it takes from montreal for a mail to be received in india once it is posted ??/ do they do it via registered post or normal mail or expedited mail....????

i got mail on 9th april that a letter with your expired cheque was posted on 5th april 2013 but haven't received it yet....

those who got their expired cheque via mail was it via registed or normal post???? normal post how long it took for them??? 25-30 days from Montreal to India.

thanks....

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
Can anyone share their experience taking the TCFQ or TEFaQ?

1. Which is easier?
2. How is it scored or marked?
3. How long will you receive your certificate?

I don't have any french background but I will be enrolling in Alliance for a two month session/class plus I'm doing personal online study myself...is two months enough to achieve A2 on TCFQ or TEFaQ?

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
I have another question to those who successfully submitted their documents. Is it okay to have a US Dollar account for the proof of funds? Or does it need to be in Canadian Dollar account? Thanks.

Nms1

Sep 15, 2012
tmt161 said:
hi all,
i got my file from quebec as they returned it back to me because i didnt dend the original delf deplome, so please i need an answer, they only put an x on french in the paper that describes the reson of returning the file, so does that mean that the other papers and certificates are totaly right and valid?
Do you mean that they do not accept the delf attestation and they need the diplome that appears after several months from the date of results?
Did they give you a file number or you have to resend the application and wait for aor again?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Master7 said:
Thank you and good luck to you too! Like I said an A2 is totally attainable is just matter of how well prepared your husband can be. By the way I also think TCFaQ is waaay easier than DELF.
Thanks MAster :)

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
essso, you have made some really useful points. I need to find someone for TCF Q tutoring, I know that AF provides tutors for this but they are very expensive!! I am going to follow your advice, and do some basic French for the next 3 weeks and then spend one week on TCFQ questions.
esssso said:
Dear Shooting star,
I think for you, would be no problem to get B2 , regarding your husband, my big advice to him is to spend the first coming 3 weeks for example focusing on the basics of the French common used words & verbs, then after that you must find a French teacher who has experience in TCFQ interviews, so you need to sit with him at least 5 times, 2 hrs each....then he supposed to give you some standard topics which appeared before in TCFQ exams, so he can give you some standards sentences can be used in different situations, then you & your husband must get good training AND MEMORIZE THEM EXACTLY AS YOU MEMORIZE YOUR NAME.....usually there are some standard sentences you can start with in any conversation...so at least your husband can give good impression to the interviewer at the start. For the listening part, try to listen to some questions of TCFQ as much as you can, i think you might search in internet and find some sources to get used on listening part....I believe you & your husband can do it.....its a challenge for 40 days...you need to give more than 1 hr a day....its the most important 40 days in your life..right.....??? Good luck....one more thing, don't leave any empty answer in the listening part..check all answers even if you don't understand, at least choose any a,b,c,d..maybe you hit some correct answer..this is the advantage of TCFQ than TEFAQ which has negative points.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Lemans,
do you know if the questions are standard for the speaking section? I know that the first quesion is to present yourself, and hopefully that is A1 level!! isn't it? I wonder of we have any standard questions for A2 level.
lemans207 said:
TEFAQ
is a hard exam, you will have 60 questions listening and for each wrong answer you will have -1 point and correct +3
so every 3 wrong cancels 1 correct

two subjects for speaking, I spoke about 1 hour :'(

TCFQ
is very simply, I think also 60 questions listening easy
speaking 6 questions each one level,

so with TCF enough to solve first 15 questions and first 2 questions speaking for A2 A2

DELF you can only do specific level, its for university

I have DELE (Espanol) as B2 Level complicated exams ;D

better prepare for TCFQ and its like solving XO :p

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
mayingdts said:
hello shootingstar,

Why not try tefaq at the same time? even it's little difficulter than tcfaq. after all your husband will have one more chance.
And what i want to say is that tefaq is maybe easier in test of speaking because it has only 2 queations.
Besides, in my country, there are some real test questions recalled by those who have sat for tefaq or tcfaq. I dont know whether them exist in your regions. if yes, them will be very helpfuf for your preparation of test.
Sorry to be honest, dont think 40 days is quite enough to ensure double a2 in speaking and listening. Only studying hard can help you.
Best wish...
mayingdts, thanks. That's actually a good idea. I need to check the TEFaQ dates. I do not know of anyone who took/is taking the tests in my region, may be I will have to follow-up with this forum. I am sure it is going to be hard. Just hoping for the best!

esssso

Sep 16, 2012
shootingstar said:
essso, you have made some really useful points. I need to find someone for TCF Q tutoring, I know that AF provides tutors for this but they are very expensive!! I am going to follow your advice, and do some basic French for the next 3 weeks and then spend one week on TCFQ questions.
shootingstar,
Where are you locating? Usually most of the French teachers of AF are giving some private classes outside AF.....try to find someone of them....one more thing, some of them already are making the test for the students, so it would be great if you can hit the one who made the test before , so he or she can give you more examples of topics to get some training on them..and i'm sure your husband can hit maybe B1 even if he memorize them everyday before the test to persuade the interviewer how fluent he is.....
If you want, i can send you one example of TCFQ, pls send me your e-mail. I'm really sympathized with you and your husband.

jewelfire_05

Aug 18, 2012
is there anyone here who recvd an email from BIQ montreal that their demand draft expired and it needs to be replaced within 90 days from the time it was returned via mail and at the same time recvd their file number?

I'm just a bit confused. why would the biq give you a file number without the a receipt of your fees?

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jewelfire_05 said:
is there anyone here who recvd an email from BIQ montreal that their demand draft expired and it needs to be replaced within 90 days from the time it was returned via mail and at the same time recvd their file number?

I'm just a bit confused. why would the biq give you a file number without the a receipt of your fees?
did you receive the mail via post when did you receive the email// when was your letter posted as mentioned in email...

please help as i am in same boat and i haven't yet received my mail only email mentioning 5 april as posting date