+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so they accepted without any proof of social security exemptions? no need for any extra documentation at all?

Sorry but I have another question...for all UAE and nonUAE applicants:
I have completed an internship as part of my studies in the past 5 years..
and it says tha that the letter should "have the number of hours worked, and the name of the supervisor/representative in "block letters"
I have a letter, but it doesnt give the number of hours, and the name of the supervisor is in bold normal letters, not capital..

Will that make a big difference?

This internship has to count as part of my work experience to give me the total number of months i need to get the correct number of points...

Please advise - are they very particular about these details?

Thanks

mayingdts

Mar 26, 2013
shootingstar said:
Hello Friends,
As many of you know - I recently attended the CSQ interview (feel free to ask me questions about the interview here or by PM) and I have been asked to submit TCFQ results. MY level, according to DELF is B2 and I have the certificate. My Husband is somewhat of a beginner (a1). He needs to reach A2 level in the TCFQ and I need a B1.
I studied French in School and College and so picked it up at an early age. However, my husband is learning French exclusively for CSQ/immigration. Now, my question is, do you think it will be enough to work hard over the next one month and sit for the TCFQ so that he can get A2? We have one TCF test in 40 days and the next one is after 6 months. We have only 6 months time on-hand(as per the officer). Not much choice here interms of time, so we registered for the upcoming test in 40 days.
hello shootingstar,

Why not try tefaq at the same time? even it's little difficulter than tcfaq. after all your husband will have one more chance.
And what i want to say is that tefaq is maybe easier in test of speaking because it has only 2 queations.
Besides, in my country, there are some real test questions recalled by those who have sat for tefaq or tcfaq. I dont know whether them exist in your regions. if yes, them will be very helpfuf for your preparation of test.
Sorry to be honest, dont think 40 days is quite enough to ensure double a2 in speaking and listening. Only studying hard can help you.
Best wish...

all_music

Apr 21, 2013
Hello,
I have already done my IELTS with score of 7.5
I am planning to apply for Quebec Immigration.
Is it mandatory to take French test?
How tough is the French Language?
Is it fine if I only take level 1 exam?
Is it possible to apply for Quebec any time?

Thanks

jetoquebec

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
all_music said:
Hello,
I have already done my IELTS with score of 7.5
I am planning to apply for Quebec Immigration.
Is it mandatory to take French test?
How tough is the French Language?
Is it fine if I only take level 1 exam?
Is it possible to apply for Quebec any time?

Thanks
it is not mandatory to take the the French exam if you meet the minimum points but I guess you only meet this points if you belong to the priority occupations but if not you have to take the test to be sure. what is your education, AOT, age, married/single with/without kid. I guess you can make A2 in 4 months depends on how much time you spend and depends on your ability.

all_music

Apr 21, 2013
jetoquebec said:
it is not mandatory to take the the French exam if you meet the minimum points but I guess you only meet this points if you belong to the priority occupations but if not you have to take the test to be sure. what is your education, AOT, age, married/single with/without kid. I guess you can make A2 in 4 months depends on how much time you spend and depends on your ability.
Hello jetoquebec,
I have done my master's in USA and working is less than 1 yr.
I am currently in the USA but My wife is not in the USA and I do not have kids.
My wife has done 3 yrs of undergraduate program and have working experience as well.

Thanks

jetoquebec

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
all_music said:
Hello jetoquebec,
I have done my master's in USA and working is less than 1 yr.
I am currently in the USA but My wife is not in the USA and I do not have kids.
My wife has done 3 yrs of undergraduate program and have working experience as well.

Thanks
well good luck but I guess considering that you are married but no kid you are missing points and you are not in priority occupation. work on French but takes time and current rules is up until july only. and because of the new fsw rule, many applicants will go quebec so I also think new rules will take effect even before july. good luck.

all_music

Apr 21, 2013
jetoquebec said:
well good luck but I guess considering that you are married but no kid you are missing points and you are not in priority occupation. work on French but takes time and current rules is up until july only. and because of the new fsw rule, many applicants will go quebec so I also think new rules will take effect even before july. good luck.
jetoquebec,
Thanks for the information.
What do you mean by "current rules is up until july only"?
I have not taken french test yet but done with IELTS.
My wife has taken French level 1 test.
Is it possible that my wife apply as a primary applicant?

Thanks

jetoquebec

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
all_music said:
jetoquebec,
Thanks for the information.
What do you mean by "current rules is up until july only"?
I have not taken french test yet but done with IELTS.
My wife has taken French level 1 test.
Is it possible that my wife apply as a primary applicant?

Thanks
new rules will also take effect after july. but as fsw limits applicants to 5k applicants only, you can imagine applicants coming in for qsw, so I am thinking also they even make new rules even before july. see if you get more points with your wife as principal applicant, your aot will determine if you need French exams now if your wife aot is in priority then I guess that alone can give you plus points and you may submit now and update your French next.

all_music

Apr 21, 2013
jetoquebec said:
new rules will also take effect after july. but as fsw limits applicants to 5k applicants only, you can imagine applicants coming in for qsw, so I am thinking also they even make new rules even before july. see if you get more points with your wife as principal applicant, your aot will determine if you need French exams now if your wife aot is in priority then I guess that alone can give you plus points and you may submit now and update your French next.
Can you please elaborate what is "priority" in this case?

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
all_music said:
Can you please elaborate what is "priority" in this case?
What Jetoquebec means is that unless you have a diploma that falls under group A,B or C of this list you can not apply through the QSW stream.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf

all_music

Apr 21, 2013
Master7 said:
What Jetoquebec means is that unless you have a diploma that falls under group A,B or C of this list you can not apply through the QSW stream.
Master7,
Both of our courses fall under the listed categories.

jetoquebec

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
all_music said:
Master7,
Both of our courses fall under the listed categories.
where actually in the listed category? for priority occupations mostly I believe you will get 12 points for aot and 10 points for foreign degrees aside from priority treatment you get.

tmt161

Apr 15, 2013
hi all,
i got my file from quebec as they returned it back to me because i didnt dend the original delf deplome, so please i need an answer, they only put an x on french in the paper that describes the reson of returning the file, so does that mean that the other papers and certificates are totaly right and valid?

walter nayyar

Apr 13, 2013
Hi
i am new to this forum my sister is a Bsc Nurse
Age 38
ilets 7,7.5,7,5.5(L,R,S,W)
French Level A1
Experiance 15 years

Husband
Diploma in Medical Lab(1 year)
Age 41
Two Childs( 12yrs&9 yrs)
How much points they have in there pocket....can they qualify for CSQ if not what they have to do ?
Regards

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear all,

can any one share whether they got the expired cheque back through mail after receiving an email that it was posted back to you ??? how long it takes from montreal for a mail to be received in india once it is posted ??/ do they do it via registered post or normal mail or expedited mail....????

i got mail on 9th april that a letter with your expired cheque was posted on 5th april 2013 but haven't received it yet....

those who got their expired cheque via mail was it via registed or normal post???? how long it took for them???

thanks....