+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

anniejasmeet

Mar 7, 2013
Thanks Harit!!

Though today, was such a shocker of a day for me!! :eek: :-[ :'( :-\ :mad:

I was about to pay the fee for IELTS at an institute today. Just had a hunch to double- check my eligibility, so called an immigration consultant in my city. They are a law-firm who claim to be very experienced and have their head office in Montreal. To the shock of my life, they told me that my B. Com will not be considered under any section in the list of AOT! They said that the AOT list gives 6 points only to bachelors in Accounts, not to bachelors in commerce! Well, here's a revelation for all, there is not bachelors in accounts in India!! One has to do a b.com first and then do the various 2-3 years accounts Diplomas depending on choice.

I just don't want to believe that I have been wasting my time and money assuming that I would get 6 points for my B.Com.

I tried to explain that during my graduation, all 3 years I've been studying Accounting techniques with other subjects. Hearing that, he said, OKAY, scan me your mark-sheets which show your subjects, I can have them evaluated by our attorney in Montreal.

Is there anyone who can help me out here! should I fax him my certificates? Is there any way of finding out for SURE if my B.COM would fetch me 6 points in the AOT?

Please help me out here friends!! S.O.S !! :(

TommyTeee

Dec 25, 2012
Hi jimmy80,

Where are you from and which BIQ office did you apply to? Did you claim any language points?

Thanks for the info and good luck!

jimmy80 said:
Dear All,

It's almost 24 months when I applied for the CSQ (MAY 2011),and I received the confirmation of the opening of the file by Aug 2011. :mad:

I'm worried since it seems it's taking too long time nowadays, if anybody can help me or he is in the same situation can tell me if I should not be worry?
Can I contact the immigration department, if yes please need the contacts details.

The problem that the total process now it will take more than five years especially the processing time for the federal application it's taking 37 months.

Thank you all for your help.

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anniejasmeet said:
Thanks Harit!!

I was about to pay the fee for IELTS at an institute today. Just had a hunch to double- check my eligibility, so called an immigration consultant in my city. They are a law-firm who claim to be very experienced and have their head office in Montreal. To the shock of my life, they told me that my B. Com will not be considered under any section in the list of AOT! They said that the AOT list gives 6 points only to bachelors in Accounts, not to bachelors in commerce! Well, here's a revelation for all, there is not bachelors in accounts in India!! One has to do a b.com first and then do the various 2-3 years accounts Diplomas depending on choice.

I just don't want to believe that I have been wasting my time and money assuming that I would get 6 points for my B.Com.

I tried to explain that during my graduation, all 3 years I've been studying Accounting techniques with other subjects. Hearing that, he said, OKAY, scan me your mark-sheets which show your subjects, I can have them evaluated by our attorney in Montreal.

Is there anyone who can help me out here! should I fax him my certificates? Is there any way of finding out for SURE if my B.COM would fetch me 6 points in the AOT?

what is bachelor in accounts?

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
TommyTeee said:
Hi jimmy80,

Where are you from and which BIQ office did you apply to? Did you claim any language points?

Thanks for the info and good luck!
Dear Tommy Teee,

first of all thank you, i applied for the Bureau of Canada since Damascus was closed at that time. and also i didn't submit any language profiency certificate since it wwasn't mandatory at that time,eventhough i did my master in France and i submitted a letter from my University in Lebanon that the education language was the french.

thank you again

TommyTeee

Dec 25, 2012
Hi jimmy80,

If you refer to the official timelines you can see that applicants up to Nov 2010 have been invited. So I guess you're still within the proposed timeline.
Immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/processing-times-table.html

I can't imagine how you feel. I applied only 5 months ago but the wait's already driving me crazy.

Hope you get your interview soon.

jimmy80 said:
Dear Tommy Teee,

first of all thank you, i applied for the Bureau of Canada since Damascus was closed at that time. and also i didn't submit any language profiency certificate since it wwasn't mandatory at that time,eventhough i did my master in France and i submitted a letter from my University in Lebanon that the education language was the french.

thank you again

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Guys,

Any idea about lost files in Damascus ?

I know one case ( reached Medical ) and then all was canceled in one shot and i need to help this person.

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
TommyTeee said:
Hi jimmy80,

If you refer to the official timelines you can see that applicants up to Nov 2010 have been invited. So I guess you're still within the proposed timeline.
Immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/processing-times-table.html

I can't imagine how you feel. I applied only 5 months ago but the wait's already driving me crazy.

Hope you get your interview soon.
thank you Tommy tee

anniejasmeet

Mar 7, 2013
joidiple said:
what is bachelor in accounts?
Hi Joidiple!

Bachelor in Accounts is a degree mentioned in the list of AOT for Quebec, which fetches 6 points if done from outside Quebec. Unfortunately, there's no degree called bachelors in accounts as such. In fact, my country offers a bachelors in commerce only, which forms the base degree for pursuing professional courses like Chartered Accountant and CMA etc. It is based on a 10+2+3 format, and during the 3 years, close attention is paid to accounting techniques, management skills and more subjects.

Just because its not mentioned bachelors in commerce( rather accounting- 3 years) in the list, a law firm told me that I wouldn't get any points. Sounds ridiculous to me!

You see, I have covered all possible forms of basic accounting in this degree, which is generally acceptable as a base degree for post- graduate studies in all countries. Of course barring few countries like U.S & Canada etc, where graduation is attained after 4 years of bachelors.

Even if I consider THIS point, my marks could possible reduce in the education criteria, but of course not in the AOT, since my degree is still very much related to accounting!

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friend

can u please tell me about your experience???
And secondly indian B.com degree will get 10 points and last but not least i would like to tell you which is as under...

If the diploma was issued more than five years before the filing of the DCS must
determine whether the candidate has worked for at least one year a profession
directly related to his training with a diploma.

-The rule in the previous paragraph for the degree of over
5 years are two exceptions:
-
if the candidate has held a management position (large groups from 01 to 09
as defined in the NOC)
, or if it was research professor and assistant
research at the university in their area of training, and demonstrates
that he performed duties directly related to their area of
training, the test points will be awarded;
if the applicant has practiced a profession overqualified, but in line with its
field of training, this occupation may permit the award of
Field points to the criterion of training. For example, a technician
Computer practicing as an analyst-consultant
computer (CNP 2171) may be awarded points for their
technician diploma obtained there are more than five years.

so if your experience is in a management position (large groups from 01 to 09
as defined in the NOC) you will be given area of training points as per that group
for example i have experience in insurance as an insurance manager so i will be getting 12 points
for AOT as per the above exceptional rule + 10 points for B.com

Rgds
anniejasmeet said:
Thanks Harit!!

gamma_jb

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
sharptooth said:
hey gamma i would like to know how will you ensure that your payment is correctly identified with your application i mean if you have not yet received the letter and expired cheque physically in mail box and you are sending card payment what will you attach with the credit card form i am sure there is some reference number in that letter they have posted to all of us, this letter we have to enclose with new cheque or credit card payment so that our payment can be identified correctly with our file or do you plan to attach a cover letter and send payment without waiting for the letter

waiting for your reply thanx
hey sharptooth,

i'll wait for the letter and then send credit card payment.

anniejasmeet

Mar 7, 2013
darshmodi said:
Dear Friend

can u please tell me about your experience???
And secondly indian B.com degree will get 10 points and last but not least i would like to tell you which is as under...

If the diploma was issued more than five years before the filing of the DCS must
determine whether the candidate has worked for at least one year a profession
directly related to his training with a diploma.

-The rule in the previous paragraph for the degree of over
5 years are two exceptions:
-
if the candidate has held a management position (large groups from 01 to 09
as defined in the NOC)
, or if it was research professor and assistant
research at the university in their area of training, and demonstrates
that he performed duties directly related to their area of
training, the test points will be awarded;
if the applicant has practiced a profession overqualified, but in line with its
field of training, this occupation may permit the award of
Field points to the criterion of training. For example, a technician
Computer practicing as an analyst-consultant
computer (CNP 2171) may be awarded points for their
technician diploma obtained there are more than five years.

so if your experience is in a management position (large groups from 01 to 09
as defined in the NOC) you will be given area of training points as per that group
for example i have experience in insurance as an insurance manager so i will be getting 12 points
for AOT as per the above exceptional rule + 10 points for B.com

Rgds
Hi Darsh,
I have been experience as an assistant accountant. Profile-wise, it would not come under managerial position. So ideally, I should be getting 6 points under AOT, in addition to points for education. However, the consultant told me that it needs to be EXACTLY, BACHELORS IN ACCOUNTS, not even Bachelors in Commerce, to claim those points. I am so not convinced of that. I have tallied the syllabus, its all the same! I find that so ridiculous, I mean, that way, my degree is not fitting anywhere in the entire list!

So should I believe that a Bachelors in Commerce is even less valued in Canada, than a General secondary training of even an Unrelated secondary training, which still finds a mention at the bottom of the list!!

I am bamboozled guys... :eek:

sharptooth

Star Member
Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
biq-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamma_jb said:
hey sharptooth,

i'll wait for the letter and then send credit card payment.
thank you gama and can you send me a personal meesage once you receive the letter so that i may come to know

thanks again

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anniejasmeet said:
Hi Darsh,
I have been experience as an assistant accountant. Profile-wise, it would not come under managerial position. So ideally, I should be getting 6 points under AOT, in addition to points for education. However, the consultant told me that it needs to be EXACTLY, BACHELORS IN ACCOUNTS, not even Bachelors in Commerce, to claim those points. I am so not convinced of that. I have tallied the syllabus, its all the same! I find that so ridiculous, I mean, that way, my degree is not fitting anywhere in the entire list!

So should I believe that a Bachelors in Commerce is even less valued in Canada, than a General secondary training of even an Unrelated secondary training, which still finds a mention at the bottom of the list!!

they look for major/area of study in bachelor of commerce. Bachelor of commerce is the common study but in that there are different area of study/major like accounting, management science, business economics etc.

To make it more understandable, let's say in Master of arts, there are different areas of study like english, history, music. In Bachelor of engineering, areas of study are computer, electrical, mechanical etc. Quebec folks look for area of study then they give AOT points.

If you don't have any major/area of study in your degree then i am afraid you won't get any AOT point.

Same thing happened with forum member "nevillek", his application returned without being processed. He is the holder of the same degree that you are.

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anniejasmeet said:
Hi Darsh,

Dear anniejasm

Don't worry you will surely get 10 points for B.com and
I have also did my assessments from somany places and I got the
Same points from all resources but in your case for accountat position
You will get 6 points for area of training
And if we go through Bcom degree in india it is having variety of subjects
Like economics,biz management,statistics and accounting etc
But still I would suggest you to go through your noc code into
Canada govt hrsdc web site
Bcoz they also mention requirements in terms of degree and experience
For every post for example account manager or insurance manager
I hope this will help you or else you can call me on 099250 33338

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
4glory said:
Shootingstar,

The TCFQ only test ones competency for listening comprehension and oral expression, it doesn't require you to write anything in French, the listening part has objective options to chose your answers from, check the link below for more details on TCFQ exams and sample test question;
http://www.frenchfaster.com/tcfquebecfrenchexam.htm

Going by your performance in DELF your standard should be a C level for TCFQ, your husband needs to be able to listen to French correspondence and understand what is being communicated, he also needs to be able to give an account of a planned event or feedback on an event in French for the oral aspect. I want to believe that you had both been practising French in preparing for your CSQ interview so attaining your goal in 6 weeks time should be very do-able by God's grace, just give it your best short and update us with the good news.
4glory - thanks for that link. Those sample papers seems useful, I also bought a book from AF that has sample questions for both the sections,

I do hope that I get DALFc12 actually, because that will give a lot of points to our file . Yes, my husband has been learning French for 6 months now -- so he is ok wit hthe basics, he can form sentences, he only needs more vocab.