+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW: THE BASICS!

khanhngd24

Nov 2, 2015
Thank you Lammawitch, I was about to go to Quebec as a tourist to submit my post application. The term temporary resident makes me confused, i thought temporary resident could refer to tourists.

khanhngd24

Nov 2, 2015
Dear Lammawitch

I have been reading your posts to reply for questions and I found them very useful.

Please also help to answer my question as follow:

During the last 5 years, i only worked from 3/2011 - 9/2012 and 4/2014 - now, i can have the attestation letter as well as proof of social security contribution for the time i worked. But i am wondering if midi will ask for social security for the time i wasnot working which i can not have the proof of payment for social security.

I am also submiting my application on jan 2016 then please help to answer my questions so that i can have my files complete to submit.

Thank you.
Khanhng

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khanhngd24 said:
Dear Lammawitch

I have been reading your posts to reply for questions and I found them very useful.

Please also help to answer my question as follow:

During the last 5 years, i only worked from 3/2011 - 9/2012 and 4/2014 - now, i can have the attestation letter as well as proof of social security contribution for the time i worked. But i am wondering if midi will ask for social security for the time i wasnot working which i can not have the proof of payment for social security.

I am also submiting my application on jan 2016 then please help to answer my questions so that i can have my files complete to submit.

Thank you.
Khanhng
Quebec requests proof of social security contributions to validate the legality of your work experience. Nowhere is it required to provide this proof for periods of unemployment.

Igor_K

Star Member
Jun 15, 2015
Hi, everyone!

Thank you, Lammawitch, for the topic and all the useful information!
When I entered the thred, I had a few unanswered questions, but having read the entire topic, only one is left:

My area of training "Law (Bach.)" doesn't provide me with any points. Does that mean that my work experience doesn't score me anything as well? My job was directly related to my eduction...

Igor.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Igor_K said:
Hi, everyone!

Thank you, Lammawitch, for the topic and all the useful information!
When I entered the thred, I had a few unanswered questions, but having read the entire topic, only one is left:

My area of training "Law (Bach.)" doesn't provide me with any points. Does that mean that my work experience doesn't score me anything as well? My job was directly related to my eduction...

Igor.
You can claim points for your education & work experience. Do you reach the minimum without AOT points?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hello Lammawitch,

there is something I do not understand about the priority of checking the applications and applying at anytime..

Who can apply anytime? Those who have advanced level of French ? Or those who are in Quebec already as a temp. resident ?

And they wrote on their website that there is a priority of AOT list.

Does that mean they will check the first applications that have got 16 points in AOT ?

And if I am in Quebec, got a C1 lvl in French and my AOT is computer science, does it mean I can apply at anytime and that I have a priority ?

Thank you

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YoussefZaky said:
Hello Lammawitch,

there is something I do not understand about the priority of checking the applications and applying at anytime..

Who can apply anytime? Those who have advanced level of French ? Or those who are in Quebec already as a temp. resident ?
It's quite clearly stated on the website:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/informations/regles-procedures.html

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html

Those who are eligible through PEQ, or who have a validated job offer. "Advanced French" *alone* is not a qualifying criterium.

And they wrote on their website that there is a priority of AOT list.

Does that mean they will check the first applications that have got 16 points in AOT ?
Yes, high points on the AOT list lead to priority processing

And if I am in Quebec, got a C1 lvl in French and my AOT is computer science, does it mean I can apply at anytime and that I have a priority ?
No. Not necessarily. C1 & AOT computer science put you in a very good position. BUT: are you eligible for PEQ? Or to apply anytime outside the quota? Read the links I've given you & come back & tell me why you think you can apply outside the quota?

Thank you

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Well, I do not really know why do you mention the PEQ ? I am talking about the Skilled Workers program..

Why I think I can apply outside the quota?
-Because I have a good level in French and it is written on the website
* If you have advanced intermediate knowledge of French demonstrated by a standardized test recognized by the Ministère, your application is not subject to these rules and you can submit your application at any time between April 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016.
+

I am temporary resident in Canada as a student and it is written on the website
Submitting an application at any time
Even if the maximum number of applications has been attained, you can submit your application in print version up until December 31, 2015, and online as of January 5, 2016 if:

You have a job offer (in French) validated by the Ministère

OR

You are a temporary resident and entitled to submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec.
So I think I can apply anytime if one of these 3 conditions apply on me

1) good level in French
2)hold a job offer
3) temporary resident .

and condition number 1 and 3 apply on me ?

And with a computer science bsc. , I think I have proprity, but not equal to those who apply under the PEQ or who have application that includes a job offer.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YoussefZaky said:
Well, I do not really know why do you mention the PEQ ? I am talking about the Skilled Workers program..

Why I think I can apply outside the quota?
-Because I have a good level in French and it is written on the website +
the condition about French, if you read carefully, applies to investor & entrepreneur categories

I am temporary resident in Canada as a student and it is written on the website
Submitting an application at any timeSo I think I can apply anytime if one of these 3 conditions apply on me

1) good level in French
see above

2)hold a job offer
Do you have one?

3) temporary resident .
temporary resident AND meets the other criteria to apply outside the published intake period

and condition number 1 and 3 apply on me ?

And with a computer science bsc. , I think I have proprity, but not equal to those who apply under the PEQ or who have application that includes a job offer.
If you still have doubts, I suggest you call immigration Quebec to clarify & report back here: I would LOVE to be wrong in this case.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
the condition about French, if you read carefully, applies to investor & entrepreneur categories
I think once it is written below the table in the first page , it means it's generalized !

but the permanent workers still have 2 opportunities to submit in anytime , which is hold a job offer [size=10pt]OR[/size] temporary resident !

I don't know where have you got this AND and which criteria are you talking about dude? We are already talking about the criteria to submit outside the quota.

So the condition about French is generalized as I understood .

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YoussefZaky said:
I think once it is written below the table in the first page , it means it's generalized !

but the permanent workers still have 2 opportunities to submit in anytime , which is hold a job offer [size=10pt]OR[/size] temporary resident !

I don't know where have you got this AND and which criteria are you talking about dude? We are already talking about the criteria to submit outside the quota.

So the condition about French is generalized as I understood .
So, what are you waiting for to submit your application?

As I said, I'd sincerely love to be wrong in my reading of the conditions & instructions.

(Not a dude, BTW).

erinda87

Nov 14, 2014
Hello Lammawitch,
I have a question regard to AOT.My Bachelor degree and Master degree are both in Business-Informatics,can i claim 16 point for the AOT,since my major is included in computer science area or my diploma degree must title in with the exact name"COMPUTER SCIENCE"? Please help me.

MrLoneli

Oct 2, 2014
Hi Lammawitch and Everyone!
I'm planning to apply the application for January 2016 intake. I just briefly calculate my points as below:

- Education: Bachelor of Science in Information System and Software Engineering (WES: 4 years degree): 10 points

- Area of Training: Computer Science : 16 points

- IELTS: (I'll sit an exam on 12/12, and manage to get at least CLB6): 4 points

- Experience: I have Social Insurance Contribution from 04/2010 -> 11/2014 (more than 48 months): --> 8 points
I've not asked for Social Insurance Contribution from 12/2014 - present. Since I already got maximum 8 points for Experience factor, do I need to get SIC for missing period as well?

- Financial Self-Sufficiency: how to claim the point ? I've had approximately 10k CAD in my bank account. where can I get FORM A-0552-OA ?

- Adopted Child under 12 years old: I'm Single, and I intend to adopt my brother's daughter, my brother divorced. Can I claim the point ?

Total:
- Without an adopted child: 54 points
- With an adopted child: 58 points

Please correct me if I calculated some point incorrect.
By the way, I'm single, Do I need Single Status Certificate ?
Thanks