+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PVO Sydney, SVO Ottawa

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Hi all,

I'd like to create this thread for the people with the PVO Sydney and SVO Ottawa (there's PVO Ottawa, SVO Sydney thread, but I reckon the PVO/SVO order matters). I didn't find a thread for this specific combination.

If you have the same PVO and SVO as me and would like to share your timeline, please do that here. From what I could find in this forum, processing times for Sydney are quite long, although some people manage to get their applications processed relatively quickly. My current timeline is below.

CEC Inland, online
PVO/SVO
Sydney/Ottawa
ITA September 28, 2022
AOR October 15, 2022
Medicals passed November 7, 2022
ADR (additional document request) January 10, 2023; replied within a day or two, if I recall correctly; received by IRCC on January 17, 2023
BG verification started January 17, 2023
First call to IRCC April 6, 2023
IRCC web form May 2023 (no reply)
Second call to IRCC June 7, 2023
Current time since AOR 8 months

There have been no updates since January 17. This is five months of background check while the entire processing time nowadays is four months for most of the applications. I'd understand if there were updates so I could tell things were moving, but, having absolutely no news since January, I am growing weary...

According to the agent during my first call, as of beginning of April, only Security Check was left. When I called them in June, Security Check was still not completed. I wish I asked them if my file was ever opened since April (perhaps the check was completed in the meantime and all they need to do is to open my file to verify the results), but I forgot.

In the IRCC application status tracker, my status was updated on June 8 with the information about my phone inquiry the day before. The status in the tracker got updated today, on June 16, but there is no new information either on the tracker or in my CIC account. Last time there was an update (not just in response to my phone calls) was on April 19, and I found nothing new then either. Does anybody know what the status update in the tracker means? Does it mean that the officer responsible for my file has opened it?

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Any updates, anyone? My application is still in security. Background check is taking almost five months now.

noelvsleon

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 -06-2015
AOR Received.
6-07-2015
Any updates, anyone? My application is still in security. Background check is taking almost five months now.

Hey I'm a single CEC applicant with AOR on Nov 18th, 2022 and its still in BGcheck in progress. Its been the same since February.

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
It’s surprising that my husband as a dependant got his security check completed on June 30. I as the principal is still in progress.. our security check started on June 16

RaccoonS

Apr 6, 2023
It’s surprising that my husband as a dependant got his security check completed on June 30. I as the principal is still in progress.. our security check started on June 16
That’s wonderful )) at least some movement.
What update date does your tracker show?
Mine is at the beginning of May :((

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
That’s wonderful )) at least some movement.
What update date does your tracker show?
Mine is at the beginning of May :((
I got 2 "gu"s in tracker, one was on June 30 but nothing changed that day. The other one was on July 3, the day I found my husband's SC was completed.
TBH I have prepared myself waiting long for comprehensive SC but now IRCC gives me some unrealistic hope which I don't think is wise to hold

Jane_Daphne

Mar 22, 2023
I got 2 "gu"s in tracker, one was on June 30 but nothing changed that day. The other one was on July 3, the day I found my husband's SC was completed.
TBH I have prepared myself waiting long for comprehensive SC but now IRCC gives me some unrealistic hope which I don't think is wise to hold
did you catch any GU in your GCKey account?