+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PVO Ottawa and SVO Sydney

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I made this thread to connect with PVO Ottawa and SVO Sydney regardless of your AOR.

My Background Check/Security is still "Not Started" since January 27 and the last update RPRF Request Letter.
Is anyone from PVO Ottawa and SVO Sydney whose Background Check or Security is still tagged as "Not Started"?

I'm seeing PVO Ottawa and SVO Sydney applicants that have had 0 movements since the last month.
Is anyone on the same status as me?

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Same here. No updates since Feb 8. All info in my signature.
We have the same status. My last update was January 26 (RPRF Request) then a day after, they received my payment and updated my Eligibility to 'Passed'. After that, silence until now. Background Check is untouched. If what I'm thinking is right, we might be only getting One (1) Background Check update each month. Last update I saw from SVO Sydney was Feb 16/17.

Peace2023

Star Member
Feb 14, 2023
I believe I had at the beginning the same VO’s as OP, but when called last week I was told: PVO - OSC (Operations Support Centre Ottawa); SVO - CIO Sydney
Everything is passed, security not started.
It seems that something wrong at CIO they might prioritize other stuff now and not touching CEC applications.

Reactions: jvcaunin

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
I believe I had at the beginning the same VO’s as OP, but when called last week I was told: PVO - OSC (Operations Support Centre Ottawa); SVO - CIO Sydney
Everything is passed, security not started.
It seems that something wrong at CIO they might prioritize other stuff now and not touching CEC applications.
I think we still have the same PVO and SVO. Ottawa and Sydney. What are they prioritizing?

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
My last update was the 30th of Jan (Eligibility recommend pass).

As per GCMS notes, Info Sharing is in progress, Criminality and Security has not started
The trackers shows all complete, except for Background Verification which shows not started

Reactions: jvcaunin

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
My last update was the 30th of Jan (Eligibility recommend pass).

As per GCMS notes, Info Sharing is in progress, Criminality and Security has not started
The trackers shows all complete, except for Background Verification which shows not started
I knew something is going on in these offices. It's either they are slowing down their approval process, or they only pass Background Check once a month!

CanadaCouple1

Mar 7, 2023
Same situation for me.
All steps completed on tracker as of Jan 19th. Called IRCC 2 times, both the agents confirmed that all the steps are complete now wait for email it's almost 2 months and no portal email.
PO Ottawa

CEC2023

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
I mentioned several times that these two offices are extremely slow. It is sad, but we're just unlucky having our applications assigned to them. Look at the recent approvals in other forum threads, and none of these VO's are there.

novemberrain

Sep 6, 2022
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
9-11-2022
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
I mentioned several times that these two offices are extremely slow. It is sad, but we're just unlucky having our applications assigned to them. Look at the recent approvals in other forum threads, and none of these VO's are there.
Please include our VOs as well: Vancouver and Kitchener. They are the worst! None of the approved applications were from them!

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Let me join this boat of SVO Sydney delayed applications. Biggest mistake I made was not having my docs ready and applying in September
We really have an almost identical timeline. I'm one day ahead of you in both ITA and AOR. I'm trying to reach IRCC now to ask about the status of my application.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
We really have an almost identical timeline. I'm one day ahead of you in both ITA and AOR. I'm trying to reach IRCC now to ask about the status of my application.
Looks like cases are distributed to different VOs on monthly basis. Just our luck, the November AOR VOs seem to be the bad ones. Jan/Feb AORs getting PPR/portal emails, typical IRCC efficiency

jvcaunin

Feb 23, 2016
Looks like cases are distributed to different VOs on monthly basis. Just our luck, the November AOR VOs seem to be the bad ones. Jan/Feb AORs getting PPR/portal emails, typical IRCC efficiency
Yea. I feel like CBSA is sending out Background Check completion to VOs on a monthly basis. Sydney had a good run last month and I've seen a lot of Background Check completions.

Reactions: Takita

shahram.nasaji

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
I'm not sure if I fall into the same category as yours, but my PVO is Sydney and SVO is Ottawa.
In the call with IRCC, they confirmed that everything is done except for security which is in progress since 17 Feb.
And the tracker shows that "Background" is "In Progress". Everything else shows "Completed".