+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PVO Sydney, SVO Ottawa

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
What does a GU on the tracker look like? I thought they were only in the CIC accounts.
there is no official definition, I call it because the update date on up right corner of the tracker page changed, but no record/information changed inside

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
I was wondering what that meant. Someone on the forum wrote it was the date your case was last opened/worked on, but I did not see a confirmation of this.

r1505e

Mar 11, 2023
AOR - Jan 8.
Everything Completed except Background. Called a number of times and IRCC state that security needs completing, no updates since April 19.

Sydney......

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Received GCMS notes a couple of weeks ago. The most recent update on my file was back in January when the security check started. However, the date in the tracker has been updated a few times since then. Thus, we can deduce that the update date on the tracker does not necessarily mean that there was progress in the processing of your application. Most likely, it is just the date someone opened your file to check something.

• Sad
Reactions: Ojeras

Ojeras

Star Member
Nov 2, 2022
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2023
Received GCMS notes a couple of weeks ago. The most recent update on my file was back in January when the security check started. However, the date in the tracker has been updated a few times since then. Thus, we can deduce that the update date on the tracker does not necessarily mean that there was progress in the processing of your application. Most likely, it is just the date someone opened your file to check something.
Security check started since Jan till now? I lose my patience. What could we do? Could we do something to let IRCC know our pain?

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Security check started since Jan till now? I lose my patience. What could we do? Could we do something to let IRCC know our pain?
Yes, it's been six months now. I don't think we can do much. Ordering notes may help in identifying exactly what stage your application is at and if there is any issue you could clarify for them by sending an online form and/or additional documents. Security is redacted in GCMS notes though, CBSA notes will have more info. Also, some people here reached out to their local MPs who contacted IRCC on their behalf. It seems to have helped some and did not help others.

sania1495

May 22, 2022
I am in the same boat :'(
CEC Inland
PVO: Centralized Intake Office, Sydney | SVO: CPC, Ottawa
AOR : Jan 1, 2023
Eligibility Passed
Medical Passed : May 4, 2023
Criminality In Progress
Security Not Started

No update after May 4.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I am in the same boat :'(
CEC Inland
PVO: Centralized Intake Office, Sydney | SVO: CPC, Ottawa
AOR : Jan 1, 2023
Eligibility Passed
Medical Passed : May 4, 2023
Criminality In Progress
Security Not Started

No update after May 4.
I feel bad often for being sidelined as PNP candidate and was assuming both FSW's and CEC are treated better. I feel sorry now for CEC folks like you who have not got PR past the 4 month deadline. IRCC is so unorganized and no logic for the processing timelines.

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I feel bad often for being sidelined as PNP candidate and was assuming both FSW's and CEC are treated better. I feel sorry now for CEC folks like you who have not got PR past the 4 month deadline. IRCC is so unorganized and no logic for the processing timelines.
Same CEC inland applicant.. now it's pass 5month line and I am still here waiting

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony