+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PVO Sydney, SVO Ottawa

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
I am already loosing deadlines second year in a row for application in residency ( I am physician). It's frustrating.
Have you tried writing a letter explaining that their delays are making you miss deadlines at your job and negatively impact your career and sending it to them along with some supporting documents? You can also support your case with the fact that you are a physician (you probably have shown that in your main application) and that Canada has a shortage of medical workers (you can include some links from the government or news outlets).

senkkon

May 8, 2023
Canada
Category........
CEC
Have you tried writing a letter explaining that their delays are making you miss deadlines at your job and negatively impact your career and sending it to them along with some supporting documents? You can also support your case with the fact that you are a physician (you probably have shown that in your main application) and that Canada has a shortage of medical workers (you can include some links from the government or news outlets).
I did this and provided documents with the deadline for the application. It did not work, so far

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
I did this and provided documents with the deadline for the application. It did not work, so far
How long ago was that? Was there an update in the tracker that they received/read your letter? There is usually an update after you call them (about a week later), but I am not sure about the web form.

senkkon

May 8, 2023
Canada
Category........
CEC
How long ago was that? Was there an update in the tracker that they received/read your letter? There is usually an update after you call them (about a week later), but I am not sure about the web form.
I received a response a month ago "Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible ". However, the security is since February with no updates.
I called and also submitted web form.

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
I received a response a month ago "Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible ". However, the security is since February with no updates.
I called and also submitted web form.
You can try ordering CBSA notes if you haven't already. Perhaps they will clarify why security is taking so long.

askcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
I did, I am waiting for them for >2.5 months now....
Oh wow. I'm waiting for my notes as well, it's been a month.

I'm in the same boat as you. The delay in the processing of my application deprives me of certain career opportunities. I hope our applications will be processed soon. I cannot imagine what kind of security check can possibly take so long.

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
Oh wow. I'm waiting for my notes as well, it's been a month.

I'm in the same boat as you. The delay in the processing of my application deprives me of certain career opportunities. I hope our applications will be processed soon. I cannot imagine what kind of security check can possibly take so long.
Try IRCC notes too, recently they are sending it very quick, in july got it within a week

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
December 2022 CEC applicant. Stuck in Backgroud check since June 30th. All other checks passed. Come here for information and encouragement. It is hard to wait in the darkness

xueshen0607

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
December 2022 CEC applicant. Stuck in Backgroud check since June 30th. All other checks passed. Come here for information and encouragement. It is hard to wait in the darkness
I fully understand how suffering waiting could be. Has your security check started?