+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD processing time from India

nehalsoni

Feb 7, 2018
I was waiting for my first PR card and had to travel back to India, so I had to apply for PRTD for my return.

My PRTD timeline

January 25th – Applied at Chennai VFS office
January 27th – Forwarded to Bangalore Visa Office
February 02nd – Approved
February 03rd – Passport received through courier.

Documents Submitted:

1. Document checklist (can be downloaded from CIC website)
2. PRTD Application Form (can be downloaded from CIC website)
3. Covering Letter
4. COPR- Copy
5. 2 Photographs
6. Travel Details Document after becoming PR, form will be given at VFS counter.
7. SIN Number – Copy of the document
8. VFS consent form which you will get at VFS counter only
9. Family Information application form (can be downloaded from CIC website)
10. Travel Itinerary

Any other document which supports that you are PR. (Health Card Copy, Bank Statement Copy, Rental Agreement, etc.)
Hi abgys,
Can you please share the cover letter with me? nehalninty@gmail.com
I am in the same boat.

nehalsoni

Feb 7, 2018
Recently I got PRTD recently from VFS Bangalore, sharing my experience here.

I was working in Canada on a Work Permit and activated my PR in mid Dec. My vacation plan in India was for one month from Christmas to Jan 20. Since I didn't have PR Card, I had to apply for PRTD to re-enter Canada.

Date Applied (VFS Bangalore - in person) - Dec 28
Date application was sent to Canada Consulate in Bangalore - Dec 28
PRTD Approved/Stamped - Jan 3
Passport Received through Courier - Jan 5

While applying VFS Agent told me that it'll take 10-15 working days to get it. But it just took 3 working days(excluding Jan 1 holiday) to approve the PRTD. I got multiple entry PRTD with 2 years validity (Jan 2018 to Jan 2020).

I had written a cover letter explaining the need for PRTD and it's urgency as I had to get back to work. I had provided docs such as my MSP Receipts, Provincial ID Cards, flight tickets etc.
Hi roq,
Can you please send a DM to me on nehalninty@gmail.com I need the coverletter you sent as I am also in the same boat as you.
Thanks

nehalsoni

Feb 7, 2018
Hi
Does any one did TRPD process from VSF Ahmedabad.
I need information about processing time and what are documents requried ??

Please help me out if anyone did go though process???

Thanks
Hey Nasus I am also applying from VFS ahmedabad. Did you get any idea how much time it will take for PRTD?

Harjit22

Feb 12, 2018
I applied for Permanent Resident Travel Documents Canada from VSF Chandigarh office. Subsequently I was called for job interviews during January and February 2018. I forwarded all the emails to embassy. I got a phone calls from the embassy regarding my emails on January 18, 2018. I have also visited VSF New Delhi office and have sent request letters. I have also sent that my renewed Permanent Resident Card has been issued and is ready for pick up in Canada. But I have not got my documents till now. The usual processing time is 25 days. Please suggest and share valuable information.

ruldamaan

Dec 14, 2017
I became Permenent Resident in Nov 2017 and stayed in Canada for 14 days. I came back because of my employment in India and to serve the notice period. I applied for PRTD at VFS Bangalore on Feb 2nd, 2018 and got email of dispatch of Passport on 16th Feb, 2018 . I received my passport on 19th Feb, 2018. Documents submitted were:

1. Application for PRTD (IMM 5524)
2. Family Information (IMM 5645)
3. Two photos (Clicked at VFS)
4. Passport
5. COPR xerox copy
6. Canadian Bank account's latest statement.
7. VFS consent form (filled at VFS centre)
8. Entry Exit Form (filled at VFS centre)
9. Checklist (IMM 5627)
10. Passport xerox copy
11. Explantion letter for requirement of PRTD.
12. Relieving letter given by employer (xerox copy).
13. Salary slips from the month of becoming PR to till date.

The fees was paid in Cash at VFS centre. I got multiple entry visa with validity of 2 years. Hope this helps.

Harjit22

Feb 12, 2018
I became Permenent Resident in Nov 2017 and stayed in Canada for 14 days. I came back because of my employment in India and to serve the notice period. I applied for PRTD at VFS Bangalore on Feb 2nd, 2018 and got email of dispatch of Passport on 16th Feb, 2018 . I received my passport on 19th Feb, 2018. Documents submitted were:

1. Application for PRTD (IMM 5524)
2. Family Information (IMM 5645)
3. Two photos (Clicked at VFS)
4. Passport
5. COPR xerox copy
6. Canadian Bank account's latest statement.
7. VFS consent form (filled at VFS centre)
8. Entry Exit Form (filled at VFS centre)
9. Checklist (IMM 5627)
10. Passport xerox copy
11. Explantion letter for requirement of PRTD.
12. Relieving letter given by employer (xerox copy).
13. Salary slips from the month of becoming PR to till date.

The fees was paid in Cash at VFS centre. I got multiple entry visa with validity of 2 years. Hope this helps.
Thanks!

can7589

Feb 10, 2018
Hi I see a lot of ppl who have applied to VFS Bangalore have got their PRTD in less than 2 weeks but ppl who have applied in VFS Delhi it has taken 4 weeks. Has anyone who has applied in VFS Delhi got it sooner than that?

applicant1983

Nov 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
15-06-2017
Hello everybody,

My wife landed on Sep 2017 and returned to India due to an emergency and we haven't received her PR card which is still under processing.

She applied for PRTD on 1march 2018 and received the following update via tracking Number

Visa application, tracking ID No. Xxxxxxx - has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, on 02/03/2018.

The agents at VFs were not very helpful when she was trying to apply and did not use any cover letter etc since she wasn't advised by the staff there.

I wanted to know how do we follow up and how to find out which visa office (banglore/delhi) her application went to do that we can follow up with someone

Please advise as this is an emergency she has resigned from her job and needs to travel immediately for an interview here in Toronto

Thanks in advance

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hello everybody,

My wife landed on Sep 2017 and returned to India due to an emergency and we haven't received her PR card which is still under processing.

She applied for PRTD on 1march 2018 and received the following update via tracking Number

Visa application, tracking ID No. Xxxxxxx - has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office, on 02/03/2018.

The agents at VFs were not very helpful when she was trying to apply and did not use any cover letter etc since she wasn't advised by the staff there.

I wanted to know how do we follow up and how to find out which visa office (banglore/delhi) her application went to do that we can follow up with someone

Please advise as this is an emergency she has resigned from her job and needs to travel immediately for an interview here in Toronto

Thanks in advance
If it is urgent, and you have US B1/B2visa, the fly to US(NYC/Buffalo or whatever is closer) and you can pick her up from that airport in your car and both of you drive back into Canada. Just show the landing papers at the Canadian border.

applicant1983

Nov 28, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-08-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
15-06-2017
Thank you very much Mat but no she does not have a US visa right now. I will try to see if I can work that angle also

I read somewhere in this thread by Ms Lovepreet that she was able to chase the Canadian office for the status of PRtD I wanted to know how I can do that

If it is urgent, and you have US B1/B2visa, the fly to US(NYC/Buffalo or whatever is closer) and you can pick her up from that airport in your car and both of you drive back into Canada. Just show the landing papers at the Canadian border.