+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD processing time from India

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hello Everyone ,

Just an update on the Processing time of PRTD from New Delhi(VFS), India.

I applied the PRTD on 15th Jan 2016 and received the stamped PRTD visa on 21st Jan 2016. So total of 5 working days

Thanks
Prince Pal
Hi, could you please let me know if sent your app via courier and at what address please? Also, what docs you submitted and how did you pay for service fee apart from 50 cad ?

Sanketp

Dec 30, 2017
Hi,
Because I had to leave Canada before I received my PR card, and now want to be back to Canada. But I don’t have my PR card with me.
So I will have to apply for PRTD...

Hi there.
My situation is also same. And i have not applied for PRTD yet.i have 1 month left to travel back to canada.
So can u help me what u did??
Did u apply for PRTD?
And from where??

Plz one reply will be helpful.
Thank u in advance

kuku111

Dec 5, 2017
hello, i applied for prtd o n 11 december 2017 and the file was sent to delhi high commission on 12 december 2017, after that no update. I have a flight on january 6, 2018, so its only a week left, I am stuck as my passport is with them. I am not even sure if i should reschedule my flight and by how many days. Did anyone get prtd recently? any sort of help would be appreciated.

ruldamaan

Dec 14, 2017
hello, i applied for prtd o n 11 december 2017 and the file was sent to delhi high commission on 12 december 2017, after that no update. I have a flight on january 6, 2018, so its only a week left, I am stuck as my passport is with them. I am not even sure if i should reschedule my flight and by how many days. Did anyone get prtd recently? any sort of help would be appreciated.
Have you applied under humanitarian grounds?

Sanketp

Dec 30, 2017

Helloo
Did u apply by yrself?

Or with the help of any agent?

And is this yr first PR card that u have not received nd u went india before it nd applied PRTD? Or this is yr PR card renewal thing or lost case,?

I mean

Sanketp

Dec 30, 2017
Helloo
Did u apply by yrself?

Or with the help of any agent?

And is this yr first PR card that u have not received nd u went india before it nd applied PRTD? Or this is yr PR card renewal thing or lost case,?

I mean is it on humanitarian compassionate ground base?

kuku111

Dec 5, 2017
Hi I applied myself. And yes this is my first Pr cArd and I came back before receiving it. And the case is not on humanitarian base.

Sanketp

Dec 30, 2017
Hi I applied myself. And yes this is my first Pr cArd and I came back before receiving it. And the case is not on humanitarian base.
From which vfs office u have applied?
Nd what documents we need to put for first timers?

Nd we might have to mention any reason that why we came india before pr card nd why i neef travel docs?

Its been almost 1 month fr u that u havent got it yet?

kuku111

Dec 5, 2017
From which vfs office u have applied?
Nd what documents we need to put for first timers?

Nd we might have to mention any reason that why we came india before pr card nd why i neef travel docs?

Its been almost 1 month fr u that u havent got it yet?
I applied from VFS New Delhi. Documents I included were those mentioned on the checklist, I included pay stubs, bank statements, rental agreements, and also a copy of my return ticket and explanation letter to expedite the process.

In explanation letter you can give reason for coming back and the need of travel docs is because you do not have the Pr cArd in hand.

And it’s not been a month but on 6th jan 2018 it will be 25 days.

Sanketp

Dec 30, 2017
I applied from VFS New Delhi. Documents I included were those mentioned on the checklist, I included pay stubs, bank statements, rental agreements, and also a copy of my return ticket and explanation letter to expedite the process.

In explanation letter you can give reason for coming back and the need of travel docs is because you do not have the Pr cArd in hand.

Ok please keep me informed.
If u get it.
Nd if possible yr email id or contact info.l watsapp or anything will b helpful to keep in touch

Naus

Jan 5, 2018
Hi
Does any one did TRPD process from VSF Ahmedabad.
I need information about processing time and what are documents requried ??

Please help me out if anyone did go though process???

Thanks

Last edited:

Sanketp

Dec 30, 2017

Hi..
Did u get yr travel documents?
Finally?

Or not yet?

Plz keep me informed.
I m still confuse that i should apply for it when i go to india or come back via USA?

Lovepreet3789

Jan 9, 2018
Hello guys i m lovepreet

Just giving an update that I applied for meant resident travel document on December 7, 2017 and I received it on January 8, 2018. So considering all the vacations it took only 18 days for my PRTD to come. Anyone who is waiting for the PRT I would suggest to go to the VFS Delhi office and talk to the concerned personal tell them about the seriousness of your situation and they will help you out.

I applied through VFS Chandigarh and frankly speaking those guys provide the worst service ever because when I applied for my PRtd I asked that it is pretty urgent I need to send some emails to the immigration department could you please provide me an email so the email they provided me was “international.GC.ca “and that was all which was incomplete.I was supposed to travel back to Canada on December 25, 2017 but I have to cancel my ticket and rebook it for January 10. So I would suggest all of you who server or awaiting the PRtd document to please take all of your necessary documents with you as a proof and talk to them in person I can’t sit at home and wait for your PRT to come you have to move yourself.

Best of luck all of u