+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD processing time from India

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
Hi All,

I submitted my PRTD request in VFS Chandigarh on 19th March and still haven't received it as of today.
Anyway that I can expedite by contacting VFS?
I attached my SIN copy and COPR copy and wrote a letter explaining why I came back.

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi guys, I have landed as a PR on Feb 27th and was waiting for my PR Card. Unfortunately I received a letter today stating that I have to provide new photos. I have my wedding on May 20th in Chennai and must come back to Canada before June 4th as I have to start a new job. Can I apply for a PRTD ? How long will it take to process them from Chennai ? Pls help ! Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys, I have landed as a PR on Feb 27th and was waiting for my PR Card. Unfortunately I received a letter today stating that I have to provide new photos. I have my wedding on May 20th in Chennai and must come back to Canada before June 4th as I have to start a new job. Can I apply for a PRTD ? How long will it take to process them from Chennai ? Pls help ! Thanks.
Would submit you new photo asap and hope you can get the card. No guarantees when it comes to PRTDs but not sure whether you can get it by the 1st which is a Friday. 10 days is not very long at all.

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Would submit you new photo asap and hope you can get the card. No guarantees when it comes to PRTDs but not sure whether you can get it by the 1st which is a Friday. 10 days is not very long at all.
Thanks for the message. Yes I am submitting my photos tomorrow with a letter explaining my situation. Hopefully I get it before I travel. In the worst case I have to reschedule my flight and inform my employer about the situation.
What is the time line you have noticed for PRTD processing ?

GSHARMA05

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Hi,

My husband and I made a soft landing in Toronto, Canada in the month of March 2018 and we had to come back to India to wind up personal affairs in our country. As soon as we came back, we applied for the PRTD at the Bangalore VAC on March 5th 2018 and in exactly fifteen days, we got our passports back with the visa stamped.

We had requested the authorities to provide a multiple entry PRTD explaining our need for the same in a cover letter and provided all the documentation to support our case.

It's a hassle free process provided you have a valid reason to come back to your country and then provide reasons as to why you need to re-enter the country.
Hi Madhuri,
Firstly it’s a great info you gave and really helpful. I am about to get into same situation soon, as I am about to go to Canada but have to come back in a weeks time. So, it’s sure that I have to apply for PRTD. Question here is

1. Can I apply from vfs Banglore, as it seems much faster and professional people there, although I am from Delhi.
2. Is there any particular timeline before which I need to land back in Canada and same needs to be mentioned while applying PRTD.
3. To whom should I address that covering letter. I am exactly in same situation as yours for winding up the things here . Will that be sufficient reason.

Please help!

Br,
G

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello,

I have a similar situation to you. I landed on 13 march and still awaiting my pr card. I called cic and they asked for fresh photos which i sent today.
I have to travel back by may end for my marriage. I intend to apply for PRTD after that. How long should that take to come and also my change in status - will it be of issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.

Avinasj Gupta

May 2, 2018
I am miss parul gupta deaf international tennis player india. I applied PRTD in Feb 2018 till today i am not received my passport.

surya450

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
March 16 2016@PNP CIC
Nomination.....
January 2016@ AINP
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-May-2016
Med's Request
4-oct-2017
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-01-2018
Hi Everyone,
Posting for future reference for others.
I applied for PRTD on April 25th at vfs Hyderabad.
Passport forwarded to Bangalore
Tracking updated on may 2nd saying passport dispatched from Bangalore.
Passport received on may 5th with PRTD with 2 Years validity with multiple entry.
(I didn’t request for multiple entry)

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi, thanks for the info. Are you a new PR waiting for the PR Card ? I am on the same situation and travelling to India for a family situation.

Hi Everyone,
Posting for future reference for others.
I applied for PRTD on April 25th at vfs Hyderabad.
Passport forwarded to Bangalore
Tracking updated on may 2nd saying passport dispatched from Bangalore.
Passport received on may 5th with PRTD with 2 Years validity with multiple entry.
(I didn’t request for multiple entry)

surya450

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
March 16 2016@PNP CIC
Nomination.....
January 2016@ AINP
AOR Received.
14-Apr-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17-May-2016
Med's Request
4-oct-2017
Med's Done....
12-Oct-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
28-01-2018
Hi, thanks for the info. Are you a new PR waiting for the PR Card ? I am on the same situation and travelling to India for a family situation.
Yes landed on feb 22nd 2018.