+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD processing time from India

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
Hi
I did soft landing in feb and came back in march. Now iam waiting for my PR card. Meanwhile iam getting married also. If after getting married I apply for PRTD would it be a problem as my COPR has my status as single ?

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

My husband and I made a soft landing in Toronto, Canada in the month of March 2018 and we had to come back to India to wind up personal affairs in our country. As soon as we came back, we applied for the PRTD at the Bangalore VAC on March 5th 2018 and in exactly fifteen days, we got our passports back with the visa stamped.

We had requested the authorities to provide a multiple entry PRTD explaining our need for the same in a cover letter and provided all the documentation to support our case.

It's a hassle free process provided you have a valid reason to come back to your country and then provide reasons as to why you need to re-enter the country.

Reactions: GSHARMA05

jaisblr

Dec 8, 2014
Hi,

My husband and I made a soft landing in Toronto, Canada in the month of March 2018 and we had to come back to India to wind up personal affairs in our country. As soon as we came back, we applied for the PRTD at the Bangalore VAC on March 5th 2018 and in exactly fifteen days, we got our passports back with the visa stamped.

We had requested the authorities to provide a multiple entry PRTD explaining our need for the same in a cover letter and provided all the documentation to support our case.

It's a hassle free process provided you have a valid reason to come back to your country and then provide reasons as to why you need to re-enter the country.
How's Service in Bangalore Office ?
is it required both husband and wife in perosn in VFS to submit the application ?
is it possible to submit the application by courier ?
do we need to submit the passports along with the application ?

Mar 20, 2018
Service is good in Bangalore. You can go there and collect all the forms. They provide everything and also assist in submitting. I submitted on behalf of my husband as well. I'm not sure if you can submit by courier. You need to call VAC helpline and ask. Yes, passports need to be submitted because they will give it back with the visa stamped if your case is approved.

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
Service is good in Bangalore. You can go there and collect all the forms. They provide everything and also assist in submitting. I submitted on behalf of my husband as well. I'm not sure if you can submit by courier. You need to call VAC helpline and ask. Yes, passports need to be submitted because they will give it back with the visa stamped if your case is approved.
Hi, need some help regarding PRTD application.
While submitting the application do we also need to attach the tickets as they ask for intended date of return.
And what all documents did you submit with the main form ?

Mar 20, 2018
You can attach the tickets if you want. It will be useful to prove your case that you intend to return to Canada. We hadn't booked tickets but we provided other documents to support our case.
All the forms are available at the VAC Bangalore. There's an entry exit form which is available only at the vac so you need to collect it from there. A document checklist and also family information form is required.
Apart from these forms, we submitted some photocopies of our documents which was needed to support our case about why we came back immediately and when we intend to return.
As long as you have valid reasons and good documents to support your case, you're good to go.

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
You can attach the tickets if you want. It will be useful to prove your case that you intend to return to Canada. We hadn't booked tickets but we provided other documents to support our case.
All the forms are available at the VAC Bangalore. There's an entry exit form which is available only at the vac so you need to collect it from there. A document checklist and also family information form is required.
Apart from these forms, we submitted some photocopies of our documents which was needed to support our case about why we came back immediately and when we intend to return.
As long as you have valid reasons and good documents to support your case, you're good to go.
Thanks for your reply.
I landed when I was engaged and had to come back to close my professional assignments and complete the work out here.
Now iam about to get married as well before I go so I'm kind of worried as I would be putting my status as engaged on the form whereas it has 'single' on COPR, whether it will impact my application ?

Mar 20, 2018
Honestly, I dont know the answer to that question. Whatever it is, you can include the information in a cover letter explaining your situation because that's what my husband and I did. Just be honest about it. That's the only advice I can give. The visa authorities will take the final decision on the prtd but just explain your circumstances in detail in a cover letter while submitting your aopliapplic.

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
Honestly, I dont know the answer to that question. Whatever it is, you can include the information in a cover letter explaining your situation because that's what my husband and I did. Just be honest about it. That's the only advice I can give. The visa authorities will take the final decision on the prtd but just explain your circumstances in detail in a cover letter while submitting your aopliapplic.
Thank you.
Is there any format of the cover letter or we need to write it ourselves at the vac itself ?

Mar 20, 2018
No format. You can just address it to the Visa High Commission, Canada. We had a print out of our letters and just submitted it to the VAC office along with all other documents. Make sure you are comprehensive in your letter and provide sufficient documents to prove that you landed in Canada and why you came back and when you intend to return.

dreamcanadalife

Nov 13, 2017
No format. You can just address it to the Visa High Commission, Canada. We had a print out of our letters and just submitted it to the VAC office along with all other documents. Make sure you are comprehensive in your letter and provide sufficient documents to prove that you landed in Canada and why you came back and when you intend to return.
Got you.
Thanks a ton for your help.

Chandan2121

Mar 30, 2018
I was waiting for my first PR card and had to travel back to India, so I had to apply for PRTD for my return.

My PRTD timeline

January 25th – Applied at Chennai VFS office
January 27th – Forwarded to Bangalore Visa Office
February 02nd – Approved
February 03rd – Passport received through courier.

Documents Submitted:

1. Document checklist (can be downloaded from CIC website)
2. PRTD Application Form (can be downloaded from CIC website)
3. Covering Letter
4. COPR- Copy
5. 2 Photographs
6. Travel Details Document after becoming PR, form will be given at VFS counter.
7. SIN Number – Copy of the document
8. VFS consent form which you will get at VFS counter only
9. Family Information application form (can be downloaded from CIC website)
10. Travel Itinerary

Can you please me the cover letter to my mail I'd chandan2121@gmail.com.I am also in the same situation .