+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Interesting... apparently they busy processing applications that were received before 24 December 2019. Wow.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and the application is not available in our system at this time.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before December 24, 2019.

When an application is received by IRCC, it can take several weeks before the processing begins. There will be no record in the system until the processing has begun.

• For applications submitted to an overseas visa office:
    • you will be able to access the status of your application through e-CAS once it has been entered into our system and you have received correspondence from the visa office.

For this reason, the information you provided cannot be added to your file.

Importantly, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
The parts in bold: I am hoping this means they can see my file (or application), and they would not include this if they can't see anything.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
My proof of canadian citizen application was "In Process" status since september 2019 and reverted to " Application Received" just this morning. :confused:

What there any sorcery going on? Hahaha. Kinda makes me anxious considering my application hadnt moved since december 18 2018.

Lidd

Mar 20, 2020
It can take several weeks before the processing begins.
Ha, it's been a year and my application is still "application received". I just want to know what's happening, if there's documents missing, if I need to send in additional stuff. Nothing.

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello guys,
How long does it for a file to be transferred from a visa office to case processing center in Sydney- Canada?
Thanks

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello guys,
How long does it take for a file to be transferred from a visa office to case processing center in Sydney- Canada?
Thanks

jwang

Jun 25, 2019
i send the application for my twins on march 2019 et got the AOR the 19 august 2019 , my seconde twin got a email on 05 march 2020 saying her application has send to support programme , nothing for my frist twin ,even not in process . anyone have similar timeline ?

Reactions: medic.

medic.

Aug 5, 2019
My wife, mother in law, and my twin girls have their applications for their citizenship certificates (just proof, not attached to an immigration file) sent in. I mailed them mid-April and have not heard anything yet from IRCC.

It looks like this is more common than I thought. There are apps 6+ months older than ours sitting stagnant.

sidharthsain

Aug 20, 2020
My son application status :

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 16, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 16, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 5, 2020.

its been more then a year for the application. Does it take this much time or more ?

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
My son application status :

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 16, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 16, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 5, 2020.

its been more then a year for the application. Does it take this much time or more ?
Yes, I submitted in June 2019 for a replacement, it was just mailed out in August 2020, still waiting.

Apr 2, 2020
My wife, mother in law, and my twin girls have their applications for their citizenship certificates (just proof, not attached to an immigration file) sent in. I mailed them mid-April and have not heard anything yet from IRCC.

It looks like this is more common than I thought. There are apps 6+ months older than ours sitting stagnant.
Very common these days.
My app was delivered to Sydney mid-Feb.
Still no AOR.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019

Yip, grab a drink and get comfortable :)

I am gonna hit the 10 month mark on the 7th September 2020. No AOR, just the "your application is not on the system yet". Sent via high commission.

rms777

Aug 15, 2020
Hi, below is my timeline for applying for a Citizenship Certificate for my 3yr old Daughter from outside US/Canada.

Timeline:

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 13, 2019.
  4. We sent you a letter on August 13, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The letter that was sent on Aug 13, was a Delay Notice (only received by email) states: - “The purpose of this letter is to advise you that while a preliminary review of your citizenship application(s) is now complete, the file has been referred to our Program Support Unit for an additional review. You will be contacted by an officer if additional information or documentation is required.”

No updates since then, called the embassy and they had no information for me. My Ecas Status changed recently from “In Process” to “Application Received”.

Im assuming I still have to wait and nothing much I can do.