Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
I thought I read somewhere that ECAS will show when they’ve actually sent the proof of citizenship certificate. Can anyone confirm this?

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
Based only on my own experience: Yes ECAS will show a date that the certificate was mailed but it in my case, it's not real. My ECAS said it was mailed March 19th and it was postmarked April 9th ( and I question the April 9th date because it arrived on May 4th)

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Based only on my own experience: Yes ECAS will show a date that the certificate was mailed but it in my case, it's not real. My ECAS said it was mailed March 19th and it was postmarked April 9th ( and I question the April 9th date because it arrived on May 4th)
I’m curious to know, was the status changed on March 19 that your certificate was mailed? Or this is only updated later?

Also may I know where you live and reason for the application? Sorry if I’m being privy, since I’m being told CPC stopped mailing certificates since March-April and only resumed recently, and it’s very interesting for us to know the background of your case.

Thank you!

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
Copied exactly as it appears in ECAS: "We sent your citizenship certificate on March 19, 2020"

I applied for Citizenship by descent in September 2018. I live in NYC subburb and mailed my application to Sydney.

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2019.
  3. We sent you a letter on March 22, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My application is on going since 2018.

Apr 2, 2020
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on December 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 28, 2019.
  3. We sent you a letter on March 22, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

My application is on going since 2018.
Yikes.

Where did you send it from (within Canada, from the US, outside Canada and the US [embassy, consulate, etc?])?

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Canadian embassy in Manila. I hope that decision will be made by december latest.

Not sure whats causing issue. My application is straight forward. :(

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi all, IRCC told me my certificate was mailed on March 12, 2020 on the file record and asked me to contact the embassy, which told me that shipment was suspended and only resumed recently and no further information on my certificate shipment.

Does anyone have a similar case? Is it possible that the certificate could be lost during the shipment?

What can I do?

thanks!

Apr 2, 2020
5 months today and still no AOR.

I reached out via Web Form to ask for an update, but I'm expecting either no response or a canned response about COVID affecting processing times.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I reached out via Web Form to ask for an update, but I'm expecting either no response or a canned response about COVID affecting processing times.
Even in other forums, i.e. Spousal apps etc., people are awaiting AORs.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019

You are not the only one; it will be 8 months in a few days' time... Web Form requests result in the same, auto-generated statement. Interestingly, they do add an extra sentence now and then; when I asked, they added this portion to the web form response:

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
It seems like the IRCC Citizenship division (or department) is only processing urgent applications at this point in time.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are not the only one; it will be 8 months in a few days' time... Web Form requests result in the same, auto-generated statement. Interestingly, they do add an extra sentence now and then; when I asked, they added this portion to the web form response:

It seems like the IRCC Citizenship division (or department) is only processing urgent applications at this point in time.
Looks like express entry program is running well as they are receiving the AOR