Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
Hi- Applied for Proof of Citizenship on 8/29/2019 for twin minor children. ECAS says (for each applicant):
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 29, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 14, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2020.
ECAS shows "decision made" (around March 25th 2020). Logging in today, still shows "decision made". We live in the USA. ECAS shows "if you live inside Canada or the United States, we will send it to the mailing address we have on file " Of course, as of May 27th, 2020, we haven't been notified by email of any changes and haven't seen anything in the mail.

We inquired with ECAS via webform- they replied by email May 5th with "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision "

Question: Given the above timing, and "Decision Made" status in late March 2020, is anyone receiving any communication, email, postal regarding their proof of citizenship?

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
  • Hi- Applied for Proof of Citizenship on 8/29/2019 for twin minor children. ECAS says (for each applicant):
    Citizenship
    1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 29, 2019.
    2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 14, 2019.
    3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2020.
    [*]ECAS shows "decision made" (around March 25th 2020). Logging in today, still shows "decision made". We live in the USA. ECAS shows "if you live inside Canada or the United States, we will send it to the mailing address we have on file " Of course, as of May 27th, 2020, we haven't been notified by email of any changes and haven't seen anything in the mail.

We inquired with ECAS via webform- they replied by email May 5th with "We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision "

Question: Given the above timing, and "Decision Made" status in late March 2020, is anyone receiving any communication, email, postal regarding their proof of citizenship?
    Here's my status
    • We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 18, 2018.
    • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 24, 2018.
    • We sent you a letter on November 27, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
    • We sent you a letter on November 28, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. ***The "letters" mentioned above were never received and prob never sent. My application was sent to Program Support Unit ***
    • February 24, 2020 my status changed to "In Process"
    • We sent you correspondence on March 4, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. *** an email was sent stating that since I sent documents supporting both my married name as well as my birth name, I had a choice on which one to be put on the Certificate***
    • March 5th 2020 my status changed to "Decision Made"
    • We sent your citizenship certificate on March 19, 2020 to: xxxxxxxxxxxxx If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
    • April 28, 2020 It is now 6 weeks since Certificate was "mailed" and now IRCC considers it lost. I filled out and faxed a Solemn Declaration form to IRCC. This form states that if the citizenship document should be found, it must be mailed back to IRCC. A replacement would arrive in 6 weeks
    • May 4, 2020 The Canadian Citizenship Certificate arrives in the mail. I immediately faxed IRCC informing them it had arrived and my wish to cancel the Solemn Declaration. I also emailed IRCC asking them about canceling the Solemn Declaration. A week later, a response to my email arrived stating that they would forward my information to the responsible office.
      So now I'm just patiently waiting for the replacement to arrive. My status is Complete. Interesting to note that the envelope which was "Mailed on March 19, 2020" has a Canada Post date of April 9, 2020. It was mailed from Sydney to my home in NY. I will post again when something changes.

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
  • We sent your citizenship certificate on March 19, 2020 to: xxxxxxxxxxxxx If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
Good info- So they've been processing yours through the pandemic (March-April-May). How did they inform you they sent the citizenship certificate? We have never received an email from them, nor any snail mail (post) from them.

The ONLY way we've seen status is by putting the application number into the ECAS system.

When we've contacted them via webform- they simply reply about confirming that the application is there, processing or now they reported "yes, decision was made". But they don't tell us WHAT decision was made. So it has been very one-way communication in our case.

Thanks!

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
Good info- So they've been processing yours through the pandemic (March-April-May). How did they inform you they sent the citizenship certificate? We have never received an email from them, nor any snail mail (post) from them.

The ONLY way we've seen status is by putting the application number into the ECAS system.

When we've contacted them via webform- they simply reply about confirming that the application is there, processing or now they reported "yes, decision was made". But they don't tell us WHAT decision was made. So it has been very one-way communication in our case.

Thanks!
I knew I was getting close when I checked my status on Feb 24, 2020 that it was "In Progress". On March 4, 2020 I got an email asking what name I wanted on my certificate since I gave them supporting documentation for my birth name as well as married name. I was informed in this email that I was approved but the email was more of a clarification of name; I wouldn't have gotten an email otherwise.

The whole process is frustrating at best because there's no way to call and the information they give you when you submit a webform is vague at best. Keep watching for changes in your ECAS system. From my experience the time line dates from Sydney are truly a guestimates.. I was told that my certificate was going to be sent out March 5th which would mean that it should come to my home in Long Island, NY by the 3rd week of March. It arrived on May 4th. I sent my application to Sydney in Setember 2018.

If you have sent in all the correct documentation and meet the requirements for the citizen certificate then I would assume that decision made is that you are probably approved. I know it's frustrating!

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
I knew I was getting close when I checked my status on Feb 24, 2020 that it was "In Progress". On March 4, 2020 I got an email asking what name I wanted on my certificate since I gave them supporting documentation for my birth name as well as married name. I was informed in this email that I was approved but the email was more of a clarification of name; I wouldn't have gotten an email otherwise.

The whole process is frustrating at best because there's no way to call and the information they give you when you submit a webform is vague at best. Keep watching for changes in your ECAS system. From my experience the time line dates from Sydney are truly a guestimates.. I was told that my certificate was going to be sent out March 5th which would mean that it should come to my home in Long Island, NY by the 3rd week of March. It arrived on May 4th. I sent my application to Sydney in Setember 2018.

If you have sent in all the correct documentation and meet the requirements for the citizen certificate then I would assume that decision made is that you are probably approved. I know it's frustrating!
Again, great info on your experience (& encouragement!). I believe ours is approved also- the documentation/application was pretty straight forward for our case. Which I agree, means we likely wouldn't hear from them very much. Odd though I had to check ECAS for info- to find we went to processing, then we went to decision made. (no emails from them). After having "decision made", thought we might see the proof of citizenship reasonably soon. But again, the processes seem ad-hoc on their side. So, we will wait...

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
Again, great info on your experience (& encouragement!). I believe ours is approved also- the documentation/application was pretty straight forward for our case. Which I agree, means we likely wouldn't hear from them very much. Odd though I had to check ECAS for info- to find we went to processing, then we went to decision made. (no emails from them). After having "decision made", thought we might see the proof of citizenship reasonably soon. But again, the processes seem ad-hoc on their side. So, we will wait...
My status went to In Processing, Decision Made and then finally Complete and I only found out because I checked Ecas daily. I still check it every now and then to see if it indicates whether the 2nd certificate is mailed. Honestly, I don't if or when a 2nd certificate will show up and I'm fairly certain that there won't be a notification.

Sarahw16

Dec 5, 2019
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 30, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 7, 2019.

almost one year and not even started processing. Is this normal and just have to wait?
    Thanks

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 30, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 7, 2019.

almost one year and not even started processing. Is this normal and just have to wait?
    Thanks
Interesting- your AOR is about right for a July 30, 2019 receipt of the application. I am presuming you checked ECAS for updated status? They never sent us another email or communication after the AOR, we had to find out about processing or not by checking ECAS. Even after "decision made", they never sent anything. Again, we found out through checking ECAS periodically. Lastly, as explained in previous post- we inquired about the application status using the web form. Note, our applications went through Sydney.

Sarahw16

Dec 5, 2019
Interesting- your AOR is about right for a July 30, 2019 receipt of the application. I am presuming you checked ECAS for updated status? They never sent us another email or communication after the AOR, we had to find out about processing or not by checking ECAS. Even after "decision made", they never sent anything. Again, we found out through checking ECAS periodically. Lastly, as explained in previous post- we inquired about the application status using the web form. Note, our applications went through Sydney.
Yes, we checked ECAS for updated status. They never sent us anything either. Do you think we need to inquire about our application status through webform as well? Or it’s delayed because of the COVID-19?

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
Yes, we checked ECAS for updated status. They never sent us anything either. Do you think we need to inquire about our application status through webform as well? Or it’s delayed because of the COVID-19?
Yes, I would inquire- they say they’ll answer if your application has gone beyond the quoted time- it was five months expected time when we applied, at about 5.5 or 6 we used the webform. The email response from the webform wasn’t super informative. For the first twin they just confirmed “we have your application and it is in process “, for the second twin, we enquired after “decision made” was posted on ECAS- again they confirmed a “decision had been made”, but didn’t say anything about when to expect what decision was made... so, we wait...

Sarahw16

Dec 5, 2019
Yes, I would inquire- they say they’ll answer if your application has gone beyond the quoted time- it was five months expected time when we applied, at about 5.5 or 6 we used the webform. The email response from the webform wasn’t super informative. For the first twin they just confirmed “we have your application and it is in process “, for the second twin, we enquired after “decision made” was posted on ECAS- again they confirmed a “decision had been made”, but didn’t say anything about when to expect what decision was made... so, we wait...
Thank you. We will try to inquire through web form as well then.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
The patience flames are still burning... today marks 7 months, 6 days since the High Commission processed and sent my application to Canada. Hoping they send me some form of correspondence on the 8th or 9 month.

maxshrike

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
San Jose, California
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-11-2019
File Transfer...
26-11-2019
Med's Request
22-11-2019
Med's Done....
03-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-08-2020
The patience flames are still burning... today marks 7 months, 6 days since the High Commission processed and sent my application to Canada. Hoping they send me some form of correspondence on the 8th or 9 month.
Month 10 here... ECAS showed decision made at month 7, but haven’t heard anything since.