+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi, below is my timeline for applying for a Citizenship Certificate for my 3yr old Daughter from outside US/Canada.

Timeline:

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 13, 2019.
  4. We sent you a letter on August 13, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The letter that was sent on Aug 13, was a Delay Notice (only received by email) states: - “The purpose of this letter is to advise you that while a preliminary review of your citizenship application(s) is now complete, the file has been referred to our Program Support Unit for an additional review. You will be contacted by an officer if additional information or documentation is required.”

No updates since then, called the embassy and they had no information for me. My Ecas Status changed recently from “In Process” to “Application Received”.

Im assuming I still have to wait and nothing much I can do.
I’m sorry to hear that, do you know if there is any specific reason that could possibly cause this?

rms777

Aug 15, 2020
I’m sorry to hear that, do you know if there is any specific reason that could possibly cause this?
No idea yet. I did the same process 2 years prior with her elder sister and that was completed and delivered by mail within 5months.

CharlesM

Jul 20, 2020
Anyone gotten their AOR's as of recent?

9 months no AOR is approaching.
I'm Canadian born and sent application for my two daughters born in the USA from Seattle, WA to Sydney CPC - they received on May 28, 2020.

I thought we were already behind so scary to hear that you are at 9 months (now 10). No response from IRCC web forms even for an address update after we moved to Canada.

Anyone tried upgrading to Urgent processing after sending in the application? Requires justification but I'm going to try asking the schools to provide us a letter since they are requesting AOR of the proof of citizenship for registration.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/apply/urgently.html

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
No idea yet. I did the same process 2 years prior with her elder sister and that was completed and delivered by mail within 5months.
The embassy here told me that CPC Sydney would do a random routine check, some applications are sent for additional review and causing longer delays, I hope this isn’t the case...

Rullence

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi, below is my timeline for applying for a Citizenship Certificate for my 3yr old Daughter from outside US/Canada.

Timeline:

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 13, 2019.
  4. We sent you a letter on August 13, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The letter that was sent on Aug 13, was a Delay Notice (only received by email) states: - “The purpose of this letter is to advise you that while a preliminary review of your citizenship application(s) is now complete, the file has been referred to our Program Support Unit for an additional review. You will be contacted by an officer if additional information or documentation is required.”

No updates since then, called the embassy and they had no information for me. My Ecas Status changed recently from “In Process” to “Application Received”.

Im assuming I still have to wait and nothing much I can do.

Mine also changed from "in process" to "application received". Funny it went backwards. I almost fell off my chair when i saw it. And unfortunately to my surprise, i wasnt the only. Im also canadian by descent. My application is nearing the 2 year timeline this coming dec 2020.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
I'm Canadian born and sent application for my two daughters born in the USA from Seattle, WA to Sydney CPC - they received on May 28, 2020.

I thought we were already behind so scary to hear that you are at 9 months (now 10). No response from IRCC web forms even for an address update after we moved to Canada.

Anyone tried upgrading to Urgent processing after sending in the application? Requires justification but I'm going to try asking the schools to provide us a letter since they are requesting AOR of the proof of citizenship for registration.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/proof-citizenship/apply/urgently.html
Pretty cool your application has been received (official notice had been served). I swear the staff who respond to web form enquiries have an auto reply button :).

I have a feeling my application long arrived at the CPC Syndey, and they only going to send notice once a decision has been made. The High Commission did indicate they processed my application and sent it to Canada on the 7th November 2019. In any case, I am going to call the High Commission in the upcoming week to hear if this is the norm, that applicants don't hear anything for close to a year (10 months now).

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
After Legal name change
Application Sent Dec 18 2019
Application received Dec 20 2019
AOR Mar 3 2020
Update:
Requested for Normal to URGENT on Aug 24, 2020
Decision Made: Sept 1, 2020
also fixed my last name in ECAS

canadaguy73

Sep 1, 2020
After Legal name change
AOR Mar 3 2020
Update:
Congrats! Did you request through the web form? And after your request, did you get any confirmation for the urgent processing or did you just get the decision?

Reactions: visaforca

CharlesM

Jul 20, 2020
Pretty cool your application has been received (official notice had been served). I swear the staff who respond to web form enquiries have an auto reply button :).
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I should have said my applications were delivered to Sydney CPC on May 28, 2020 (according to the FedEx tracking number). Just like you, I am still waiting for official receipt (AOR). :(

From previous accounts (pre-COVID), I was expecting a month or so to AOR so now that we are at 3+ months I was worried my application was lost. Now hearing your story and others I am thinking they are just really behind. I haven't been able to get a letter for urgent processing (since my daughters were allowed to register in school without their certificates) so I don't think I'll be trying that either. I guess there is not anything to do but wait and hope they start processing more quickly.

I did finally receive a somewhat generic response from the IRCC Webform. The first line is a bit concerning but I think it means that it hasn't been through AOR. There must be a room full of unopened mail :p

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is not available in the system yet.

Furthermore, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Congrats! Did you request through the web form? And after your request, did you get any confirmation for the urgent processing or did you just get the decision?
Thanks, sent via web forum. Got email (moved file to case agent/officer) and Called CIC call center to confirm.

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking - what route (justification) did you use to upgrade from normal to urgent?
Thanks, submit/upload job letter from Federal Govt that required to confirm my status as Canadian citizen.

Reactions: canadaguy73

canadaguy73

Sep 1, 2020
Thanks, sent via web forum. Got email (moved file to case agent/officer) and Called CIC call center to confirm.

Thanks, submit/upload job letter from Federal Govt that required to confirm my status as Canadian citizen.
Ah okay, glad it worked out well. I’m in a similar situation, except I haven’t received AOR yet. I sent the web form to request urgent processing recently, so hopefully my process will be similar to yours.

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
After Legal name change
AOR Mar 3 2020
Update:
Update:
We sent your citizenship certificate on September 2, 2020 to: XXX, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.

canadaguy73

Sep 1, 2020
Update:
We sent your citizenship certificate on September 2, 2020 to: XXX, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. If your certificate was sent to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, you will be contacted when it arrives. Mailing times will vary by region and could take up to four months. If we have sent your certificate to the wrong address, please contact us.
Congrats! Thanks for the update.

Reactions: visaforca

J2018

Star Member
Mar 31, 2018
Hello guys,
How long does it take for a file to be transferred from a visa office to case processing center in Sydney- Canada?
It's a proof of citizenship application for my 4 months old son. Please help
Thanks