Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
How to request urgent processing?
If you fit one of below criteria:
  • needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
You can find the full details there – https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Did anyone here submit the application in February 2020? Could you share your timeline? I submitted for my son in Feb but haven't got the AOR. Thank you.

POTC

Nov 28, 2018
Did anyone here submit the application in February 2020? Could you share your timeline? I submitted for my son in Feb but haven't got the AOR. Thank you.
I just submitted mine on 11th September, 2020 for my kids. Looks like it’s gonna be along wait but also hope not

CharlesM

Jul 20, 2020
It seems like applications filed within Canada, or urgent applications are being prioritized.
I applied for my daughters in May 2020 from the USA with no AOR thus far. We've since moved back to Canada. Any thoughts on filing a second application for them (from Canada this time)? I could even use the same payment receipt potentially...

Rygore

Oct 2, 2020
Just wanted to put this in here as another timeline for you guys to see: Submitted for my daughters, mother is Canadian, both children born in the United States. Nothing was returned as incomplete or needing any more information, this is how long a straightforward case took to process.

• We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 19, 2019.

• We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 31, 2019.

• We started processing your application on August 14, 2020.

• We sent your citizenship certificate on October 1, 2020

myscanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I submitted after Name Change for My kid from inside Canada
App Delivered: June-04-2020
No AOR

I submitted after Name Change for Myself from inside Canada
App Delivered: Jul-08-2020
No AOR

Just so everyone gets an idea.

CharlesM

Jul 20, 2020
No AOR

No AOR

Thanks, this seems to dispel the idea that applying from inside Canada results in faster processing times. I sent citizenship certificate applications for my daughters from the USA received on May 28, 2020 with no AOR yet. Contemplating sending another application from Canada now.

Conversely we sent a Permanent Resident application for my wife in mid August from Canada and received AOR already. Maybe those applications are being processed faster than Citizenship Certificates.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
In a few days, It will be 1 year since sending my application to the high commission of Canada in my country (14 October 2019). They sent the application to Canada on the 7th November 2019. No AOR.

No AOR

No AOR

Thank you for sharing this information. Wow, this is sad. I wonder if the other classes of Citizenship applications are also moving a little slow.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020
My application was delivered to Sydney in early February. Still don't have an AOR so I reached out via webform to ask about my application again and the response said they are still currently only processing applications received before December 25, 2019.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before December 25, 2019.

dee365

May 28, 2015
Just wanted to put this in here as another timeline for you guys to see: Submitted for my daughters, mother is Canadian, both children born in the United States. Nothing was returned as incomplete or needing any more information, this is how long a straightforward case took to process.

• We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 19, 2019.

• We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 31, 2019.

• We started processing your application on August 14, 2020.

• We sent your citizenship certificate on October 1, 2020
Did you receive the citizenship certificate as yet?

Amit6351

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Submitted my new citizenship certificate paper application after name change:

Date application received: 1 July 2020

No AOR yet