+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

Apr 2, 2020
My application was delivered to Sydney in early February. Still don't have an AOR so I reached out via webform to ask about my application again and the response said they are still currently only processing applications received before December 25, 2019.
Just got my AOR email. Looks like they’re finally working on applications received in early 2020.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Just got my AOR email. Looks like they’re finally working on applications received in early 2020.
This is really good to hear.
EDIT: I see you did state the application was delivered to CPC-Syndey early 2020.

Still waiting for news on mine... The High Commission sent my application to Canada on the 7th November 2019.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2020
FINAL TIMELINE
  • Received 08/22/2019
  • Acknowledged 11/06/2019
  • Started processing 07/09/2020
  • Decision made 07/24/2020 (date I noticed change in status)
  • Complete and mailed 10/19/2020
  • Received certificate in mail 11/02/2020
Good luck everybody!

Reactions: canadaguy73

Abdullah99

Nov 5, 2020
Citizenship

1.We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 9, 2019.

2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 9, 2020.

3.We started processing your application on October 9, 2020.

4.We sent your citizenship certificate on November 4, 2020 to: The Canadian Embassy
Good luck everybody...

Reactions: canadaguy73

Iqra haroon

Oct 25, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
11 oct 2019
File Transfer...
27 july 2020
Med's Request
9 jan 2020
Med's Done....
21 jan 2020
I applied for my new born in july...my husbnd is a canadian citizen...we submitt application in islamabad embacy...they sent us a proof of citizenship receipt...after that no information...how long it take?

Iqra haroon

Oct 25, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
11 oct 2019
File Transfer...
27 july 2020
Med's Request
9 jan 2020
Med's Done....
21 jan 2020
How long it takes to get his canadian pasport

JoelUk

Jan 8, 2020
Getting a passport is quick and within a month or 2 from what I've read. I think mine must've gone to program support, I didn't get any response from my request so preparing myself for a long wait. It's been over a year since my application was received and 9 months since AOR.

Iqra haroon

Oct 25, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
11 oct 2019
File Transfer...
27 july 2020
Med's Request
9 jan 2020
Med's Done....
21 jan 2020
Getting a passport is quick and within a month or 2 from what I've read. I think mine must've gone to program support, I didn't get any response from my request so preparing myself for a long wait. It's been over a year since my application was received and 9 months since AOR.
ITX BEEN 6 MONTHX NOW...NO UPDATE

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Have you got the actual certificate? The passport is relatively quick but the proof of citizenship certificate takes a LONG time, especially if applying outside of Canada/US.
Hahaha +1 to the Proof of Citizenship application taking really long for people outside the US and Canada. Its been 1 year since the High Commission of Canada sent my documents to Canada... no AOR, nothing.

Iqra haroon

Oct 25, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
11 oct 2019
File Transfer...
27 july 2020
Med's Request
9 jan 2020
Med's Done....
21 jan 2020
Have you got the actual certificate? The passport is relatively quick but the proof of citizenship certificate takes a LONG time, especially if applying outside of Canada/US.
no actual certificate yet..

JoelUk

Jan 8, 2020
Ok so my status is now decision made!!! Although I don't know what the decision was... The last update is still processing though. So update of my timeline...

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 13, 2020.
  4. Decision Made (noticed update in status on 17th November)

How long is it normally between decision made and posting of the certificate, as I've just had to update my address after moving back to the UK. But I think it was meant to go to the NZ Wellington Embassy and then onto my old NZ address. Hopefully they haven't posted anything yet otherwise it will have to go to New Zealand first and then be forwarded onto the UK.

Reactions: koeks525 and EUK

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so my status is now decision made!!! Although I don't know what the decision was... The last update is still processing though. So update of my timeline...

Citizenship
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2020.

How long is it normally between decision made and posting of the certificate, as I've just had to update my address after moving back to the UK. But I think it was meant to go to the NZ Wellington Embassy and then onto my old NZ address. Hopefully they haven't posted anything yet otherwise it will have to go to New Zealand first and then be forwarded onto the UK.
Congrats!!!

Nemov2

Nov 19, 2020

Citizenship

I have the same timeline, but my case is 1 month ahead of yours. It's been 7 weeks on Decision made, no update yet on completion. I think it can take 3 months to post the certificate, and up to 6 weeks for the certificate to arrive.
Applied throgh the High Commission in UK.

Nemov2

Nov 19, 2020
I'm at just over a year from application delivery/signature (9 months from AOR) and finally got some movement. I've been following this thread for a while and wanted to add my timeline as another data point:

Application delivered: 10/15/19
AOR: 01/09/20
"We started processing your application on October 23, 2020"

The main status page says "Decision Made" but no other information yet. Glad things are moving along, again!
Is there any update on your case?
My status is Decision Made since late Sep.2020, no update yet.