+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 15, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 17, 2019.
When did you send your application to the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate, if applying from outside Canada?

Dean007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
My Timeline Guys:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 10, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 3, 2020.
Waiting since then, Anyone with similar timeline ?

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
My Timeline Guys:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 10, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 3, 2020.
Hi, thanks for sharing this information. Where and when did you file your application? Was this through an Embassy/High Commission/Consulate outside Canada, or in Canada, or in the US? Did you receive your AOR exactly on the 3rd of January?

princecharles77

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
My Timeline Guys:
Yep, that's normal. And now the long wait til they process it.

Dean007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Hi, thanks for sharing this information. Where and when did you file your application? Was this through an Embassy/High Commission/Consulate outside Canada, or in Canada, or in the US? Did you receive your AOR exactly on the 3rd of January?
This is in Canada application, Just to revise/fix the name on Citizenship certificate. Yes, As mentioned it was acknowledged on January 3rd.

Dean007

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Called IRCC and said they currently processing applications that were received before the 30 November 2019 (this response came on the 27th February 2020).
I'm wondering if the application timeline for Proof of Citizenship mentioned as 5 months is correct : (

sasa19091

Feb 14, 2012
I'm wondering if the application timeline for Proof of Citizenship mentioned as 5 months is correct : (
It has been 8 months for me so far under normal processing ! It is to fix the name as well. So not sure if 5 months is currently applicable.

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
It has been 8 months for me so far under normal processing ! It is to fix the name as well. So not sure if 5 months is currently applicable.
In my case for citizenship(Calgary, AB) just took almost 7 months (which supposed to be up-to 12 months) but now no idea about Proof of Citizenship after name change.

sasa19091

Feb 14, 2012
In my case for citizenship(Calgary, AB) just took almost 7 months (which supposed to be up-to 12 months) but now no idea about Proof of Citizenship after name change.
Yes citizenship was pretty fast... but I am not sure what is going on with the proofs... but it seems to me like a general delay not case specific... but I am not sure how much of a delay to expect and When I inquire I get generic replies.

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
I figured I'd give a minor update to my Citizenship by Descent journey. I sent in my application in September 2018 and I expected a very quick turnaround. My mother was born in Glace Bay, NS and the processing center is in close by Sydney, NS. and I was born in NYC. I sent in copies of all documentation and waited only to find out my application went to the Program Support Unit in November 2018. I have remained in "application received" status until last Tuesday February 25, 2020 when my status changed to "in process".

Here is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 24, 2018.
  3. We sent you a letter on November 27, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you a letter on November 28, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Does anyone know if my status changing to "in process" really means anything? I've done a lot of searching on this site and don't see anything definitive. I still have no idea why my application went to PSU. The only thing I can think of is the name changes because of marriages. My mom was born X, got married and became Y. I was born Y and got married and became Z.

Hoping my journey is on the home stretch...

Lisa