+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I’m applying for a replacement for my lost citizenship card.

Submitted application to my embassy June 2019
Received in CPC Sydney August 2019
AOR sent November 2019

Nothing since then. Emailed several times, got very generic answer. Last answer is that my application is in queue to be reviewed by an agent.

Anyone here on a simlar timeline? What is your status?

Thanks.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
My application status is similar to you

Mailed August 16, 2019
Received August 22, 2019
Acknowledged November 5, 2019

Still processing.

I have dialed CIC on 29-01-2020 and got a reply as they are start working now on the application which was received on 24 August 2019 .
Thank you so much for sharing your timeline!

We have almost the same timeline. Is your status currently “processing” or application received. Are you applying for first time or for replacement?

visaforca

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Calgary
Called IRCC and said they currently processing applications that were received before the 30 November 2019 (this response came on the 27th February 2020).
After Legal name change
Application Sent Dec 18 2019
Application received Dec 20 2019
AOR Mar 3 2020

wolkies

Apr 6, 2019
I figured I'd give a minor update to my Citizenship by Descent journey. I sent in my application in September 2018 and I expected a very quick turnaround. My mother was born in Glace Bay, NS and the processing center is in close by Sydney, NS. and I was born in NYC. I sent in copies of all documentation and waited only to find out my application went to the Program Support Unit in November 2018. I have remained in "application received" status until last Tuesday February 25, 2020 when my status changed to "in process".

Here is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 24, 2018.
  3. We sent you a letter on November 27, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent you a letter on November 28, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Does anyone know if my status changing to "in process" really means anything? I've done a lot of searching on this site and don't see anything definitive. I still have no idea why my application went to PSU. The only thing I can think of is the name changes because of marriages. My mom was born X, got married and became Y. I was born Y and got married and became Z.

Hoping my journey is on the home stretch...

Lisa
March 6, 2020...Decision Made and Certificate will be mailed.

xza

Mar 6, 2020
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 24, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 1, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 5, 2020.
Hope that help.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
I don't know if I should send my application again or if I should wait a little longer. I sent another message via the IRCC Web Form last week to ask about my application. I got a response saying they could not locate my application which was sent to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. I had sent my application on the 14th October 2019 to the High Commission of Canada in South Africa. They confirmed processing the application and sending it to Canada on the 7th November 2019. I sent another web form message with the payment receipt and mail confirming the application was sent.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application sent to the Case Processing Centre, in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received by our processing office.

After confirming that your application was successfully delivered, in order to assist you further, please contact us again by using the IRCC Web form <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp> and include:

* The type of application,

* The payment receipt (if applicable)

* The date your application was mailed or received,

* The complete address (including the postal code and the unit number) where your application was sent,

* The company used to mail the package, and

* The tracking number

Upon reception of this information, we will be pleased to follow up on your request.

koeks525

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019

AOR sent November 2019

Nothing since then. Emailed several times, got very generic answer. Last answer is that my application is in queue to be reviewed by an agent.

Thanks.
So basically 5 months to get the AOR, let me wait a bit... its 4 months and a few days since submitting through the high commission. Where you based?

JoelUk

Jan 8, 2020
British citizen applying for proof of citizenship through descent via New Zealand embassy.

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on October 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 14, 2020.
After reading other posts I'm worried now that as I am applying from outside my home country, the embassy may not verify my identity and will recommend DNA testing, or it will go to program support. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Reactions: Rich4bright

sasa19091

Feb 14, 2012
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on July 24, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 1, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 5, 2020.
Hope that help.
My application was processed at the same time as yours and the certificate was finally mailed last week.. I applied end of June... so I think they are currently working on normal processing applications that were received in June/July.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich4bright

Lidd

Mar 20, 2020

AOR sent November 2019

Thanks.
I applied for proof of citizenship (certificate) which was recieved on August 23, 2019. I got an awknolwge email on November 7, 2019. No updates since then. I emailed IIRC today, waiting for their response.

Lidd

Mar 20, 2020
Feels like proccessing time could be delayed even more now due to the current COVID-19 situation.

kubrickian

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Feels like proccessing time could be delayed even more now due to the current COVID-19 situation.
We received an update on march 12 the application is being press, the status is "Decision Made", no update since then.

Does anyone know if IRCC and CPC Sydney more specifically are doing home office now? Hopefully I could still receive my certificate soon...been waiting since last year June.