+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

ak.hash

Aug 7, 2022
Your application timelines are similar to mine so it should be close to processing and decision time. But why would they offer you the option of sending it to the "Nairobi embassy in Kenya" when you have specified a Canadian mailing address in your application?
i think that is because I applied from that particular embassy.
This morning the status changed to in process. So how hope things smoothen up.
did u get the certificate??

saurez7777

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Oath completed on 14 Feb, received certificate on 24th Feb...

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
i think that is because I applied from that particular embassy.
This morning the status changed to in process. So how hope things smoothen up.
did u get the certificate??
I see. That makes sense. My status the last few days is still "Decision Made" and no mention of mailed certificated. I'll update here when there's a change.

Roline

Mar 3, 2023
Hello Dear
I have applied for my baby certificate 4 month ago from today; i just received an acknowlegment of receipt. I have applied abroad through the ambassy of canada. Does it means they have started reviewing my application?
please fell free to advise

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
How soon have people got AOR's for online applications? I applied in August 2022 and zero communication since then. All I see in my account is "
"We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." No UCI number has been generated.

ap299

Apr 1, 2019
I have an oath ceremony scheduled for March 22. Listed at 10:15 (Time Zone)(Canada) - not actually stating what particular time zone. I’ve emailed to clarify what time zone they mean but does anyone else know if this is just EST?
Also just learned that I won’t be able to just access the citizenship certificate online (applied before Jan ‘23 and only an option if they invite you to get an e-certificate) have travel plans from April 6-10 and wondering if the mailed certificate will be in by then or if that’s wishful thinking?

Janjoun

Sep 14, 2018
How soon have people got AOR's for online applications? I applied in August 2022 and zero communication since then. All I see in my account is "
"We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." No UCI number has been generated.
I have applied in the first week of June 2022 for my daughter proof of certificate. I received the letter of acknowledgment along the UCI on the 1st of March 2023. Letter was dated Feb 28.
The status changed to decision made shortly after I did receive the letter of acknowledgment and the proof of citizenship document number shows on the application online. I still didn't receive the document itself. (Applied in Europe)
You should receive some communication within the next one or two months as it seems they are speeding up the processing a bit.

Reactions: Immigreat81

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
I see. That makes sense. My status the last few days is still "Decision Made" and no mention of mailed certificated. I'll update here when there's a change.
Status changed to "Completed" today and certificate was mailed yesterday. Will post another update when I receive it.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
I have applied in the first week of June 2022 for my daughter proof of certificate. I received the letter of acknowledgment along the UCI on the 1st of March 2023. Letter was dated Feb 28.
The status changed to decision made shortly after I did receive the letter of acknowledgment and the proof of citizenship document number shows on the application online. I still didn't receive the document itself. (Applied in Europe)
You should receive some communication within the next one or two months as it seems they are speeding up the processing a bit.
Thanks and congratulations!

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
I got an email saying application status updated. I see no messages or letters but do see the UCI number now and status says we are processing the application.
Did you get an actual letter with the UCI?
How long did it take after UCI until the Decision made letter?

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Application submitted on August 22, 2022.
UCI received on March 11, 2023 - email alert received.
Approved on March 21, 2023 - no email; known by checking the account.

There are only status messages, no PDF letters/notifications so far.

Zives412

Jun 26, 2023
Just sharing my status for AOR timeline in case anyone is wondering recent turnaround. My mailed in application was received March 16, 2023 and I received AOR May 31. I’ve been at application received since.

The timeline has dropped to 10 months since submitting, so I’m hopeful it’ll change to processing soon. Anyone else have a recent timeline?

Janelongw

Jun 27, 2023
Just sharing my status for AOR timeline in case anyone is wondering recent turnaround. My mailed in application was received March 16, 2023 and I received AOR May 31. I’ve been at application received since.

The timeline has dropped to 10 months since submitting, so I’m hopeful it’ll change to processing soon. Anyone else have a recent timeline?
Hiya!
No real help but just to say they received my application (from the UK) on 28th March and I got AOR on 15th June. I am still at "application received" also. So we must be in the same boat! Hopefully not too much longer. :)

Gosing

Aug 4, 2023
Hey all! Applying for proof of citizenship in what should (hopefully) be a straightforward case, my timeline so far:

May 15, 2023: Mailed forms received
August 2, 2023: AOR, IIRC website status changed to Application Received

This first gap (~2.5 months) seems to be on par with other recent applications. Have any other recent applicants moved on from Application Received, and how long has it taken you?