+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

Canada53

Jan 29, 2021
Hi everyone

I've finally got to the stage of 'Decision Made'. I applied on paper from the UK via Canada House, London.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the decision letter, and hopefully the certificate, to arrive under these scenarios?

Many thanks

can6777

Feb 3, 2023
Hi everyone

I've finally got to the stage of 'Decision Made'. I applied on paper from the UK via Canada House, London.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the decision letter, and hopefully the certificate, to arrive under these scenarios?

Many thanks
My status changed to Decision Made toward the end of January and I got my certificate this Saturday, which was approximately 3 weeks. I'd assume it would take longer for it to get to you in the UK.

Reactions: Canada53

Canada53

Jan 29, 2021
My status changed to Decision Made toward the end of January and I got my certificate this Saturday, which was approximately 3 weeks. I'd assume it would take longer for it to get to you in the UK.
Thanks can6777, ok will wait a bit and hopefully it will turn up in about a month or so.

Also, the login to check your application status is down at the moment, has anyone else noticed this? It's been 'Service Unavailable' for over 24 hours now.

Reactions: Mounat

can6777

Feb 3, 2023
Thanks can6777, ok will wait a bit and hopefully it will turn up in about a month or so.

Also, the login to check your application status is down at the moment, has anyone else noticed this? It's been 'Service Unavailable' for over 24 hours now.
I did notice that. I checked a few hours ago to see if there's any update after they mail your certificate but got the error message.

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas

Yes, the site has been down for more than a day now. I guess IRCC decided since they don't answer the phones, they might as well take down the site too. LOL.

Anyway, when did you guys apply? And on paper or online?

can6777

Feb 3, 2023
Started processing application on February 22 and status changed to DECISION MADE today.

Hallelujah. :)
That's great! After Decision Made I got an updated status a day or so later saying they mailed the certificate so watch out for that one next.

Reactions: Mounat

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
That's great! After Decision Made I got an updated status a day or so later saying they mailed the certificate so watch out for that one next.
Did you receive an email as well or just ECAS status updates? It just occurred to me that decision made doesn't necessarily mean a positive outcome lol

can6777

Feb 3, 2023
Did you receive an email as well or just ECAS status updates? It just occurred to me that decision made doesn't necessarily mean a positive outcome lol
Nope, no email. I was just obsessively checking the status page and it was there.

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
Nope, no email. I was just obsessively checking the status page and it was there.
Gotcha. A couple more questions, when your certificate arrived in the mail, was it via courier or USPS? If the former, did ecas show a tracking number?

can6777

Feb 3, 2023
Gotcha. A couple more questions, when your certificate arrived in the mail, was it via courier or USPS? If the former, did ecas show a tracking number?
It was sent through Canada Post and got to me by USPS. No tracking info given.

ak.hash

Aug 7, 2022
My application On Ecas is at Application recieved and with the following further info

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 18, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 7, 2022.
    surprisingly Today on the 26 th of February i received the following email; You have provided the following Canadian address on your application:

Please confirm if you would like your Canadian citizenship certificate mailed to your Canadian address OR if you would like your certificate to be mailed to the Nairobi embassy in Kenya. What do you think? Since my application is still at application received not even in process yet am i going to be lucky to receive a certificate???

Mounat

Star Member
Sep 15, 2022
Texas
My application On Ecas is at Application recieved and with the following further info

1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on August 18, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 7, 2022.
    surprisingly Today on the 26 th of February i received the following email; You have provided the following Canadian address on your application:

Please confirm if you would like your Canadian citizenship certificate mailed to your Canadian address OR if you would like your certificate to be mailed to the Nairobi embassy in Kenya. What do you think? Since my application is still at application received not even in process yet am i going to be lucky to receive a certificate???
Your application timelines are similar to mine so it should be close to processing and decision time. But why would they offer you the option of sending it to the "Nairobi embassy in Kenya" when you have specified a Canadian mailing address in your application?