+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Citizenship timeline

Janelongw

Jun 27, 2023
Hey all! Applying for proof of citizenship in what should (hopefully) be a straightforward case, my timeline so far:

May 15, 2023: Mailed forms received
August 2, 2023: AOR, IIRC website status changed to Application Received

This first gap (~2.5 months) seems to be on par with other recent applications. Have any other recent applicants moved on from Application Received, and how long has it taken you?
Hi pal! I commented above with my timeline (AOR received June) however no update from "Application Recieved" as of yet! I'll update when it's moved on :)

Janelongw

Jun 27, 2023
Is the IRCC Client Status Portal down for everyone? It's been unavailable since last week.. Is there another way to check status?

Janelongw

Jun 27, 2023
Hi all! Just to update you. I never checked my account this week (previously checked it every day) but I checked today and it says decision made!!! Timeline shows it started processing on the 29th so not sure exactly the decision made date, but none the less it's completed! So now just the agonising wait for the letter to come through (I applied from UK) Does anyone know if I can contact someone to get the decision before the letter arrives?

kokoho

Jun 18, 2016
Hi Jane, is your mother or father a Canadian citizen? I'm waiting on my dad's application to be processed (his mum was born in Manitoba). Package arrived on April 11, 2023 at New Waterford. Acknowledgement of Receipt June 28, 2023. It still says this on eCAS.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 11, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 28, 2023.

dmatthew

Sep 1, 2023
I applied for my son back in Jan 2021 at the Manila Embassy and the following is on the Client Application Status timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on January 21, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 7, 2022.
  3. We started processing your application on November 7, 2022.
  4. We sent you a letter on November 7, 2022. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive correspondence within the next three months.
We received an email stating that the application went to the PSU in Feb 2023 but it wasn't reflected in Client Application Status. We also never got actual mail (or an email) asking for additional documentation.

Just wondering how I should react to the decision made statement given no additional info was asked from PSU or any other agency for that matter. :oops:

Janelongw

Jun 27, 2023
Hi Jane, is your mother or father a Canadian citizen? I'm waiting on my dad's application to be processed (his mum was born in Manitoba). Package arrived on April 11, 2023 at New Waterford. Acknowledgement of Receipt June 28, 2023. It still says this on eCAS.
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on April 11, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 28, 2023.
Hi Kokoho
My mum is Canadian, so I applied through descent! You're only a month behind me I reckon going by your timeline. Mine is:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on March 28, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 15, 2023.
  3. We started processing your application on August 29, 2023.
I don't have anything after that but the status had applied to Decision Made, so just more waiting for the letter :)

Reactions: kokoho

jwang89

Aug 25, 2023
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding eligibility if anyone can help answer.

I got my Canadian citizenship at age 15 (immigrated to Canada when I was 10 with my parents), along with my parents, who filed the application on my behalf. I assume this qualified me as a naturalized Canadian? I am asking as my daughter was recently born in the US and I assume in this case, my daughter would also be granted Canadian citizenship (my wife is not a Canadian)?

Thanks

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding eligibility if anyone can help answer.

I got my Canadian citizenship at age 15 (immigrated to Canada when I was 10 with my parents), along with my parents, who filed the application on my behalf. I assume this qualified me as a naturalized Canadian? I am asking as my daughter was recently born in the US and I assume in this case, my daughter would also be granted Canadian citizenship (my wife is not a Canadian)?

Thanks
Yes, your daughter is a Canadian citizen by descent through you.

kokoho

Jun 18, 2016
Downloaded my father's eCitizenship Certificate today. 2023-09-08.

Package arrived on April 11, 2023 at New Waterford. Acknowledgement of Receipt June 28, 2023. It still says this on eCAS.

Zives412

Jun 26, 2023
Any idea on how long it takes them to process documents provided subsequently?

Here's my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on March 16, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 31, 2023.
  3. We started processing your application on July 29, 2023.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 29, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
The correspondence they are referring to is an email they sent asking for a copy of my father's birth certificate. The email indicated that I could respond to that email address with the additional documentation. I had to request a new one from Ontario which took a bit, but I did email it to them on Sept 6. I never received any confirmation that they received the supplemental documentation, but that seems par for the course for this process unfortunately. I'm just waiting for them to process now that I have provided the requested additional documentation. Still in the In Process phase.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

Here's my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship) on March 16, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 31, 2023.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 29, 2023. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
The correspondence they are referring to is an email they sent asking for a copy of my father's birth certificate. The email indicated that I could respond to that email address with the additional documentation. I had to request a new one from Ontario which took a bit, but I did email it to them on Sept 6. I never received any confirmation that they received the supplemental documentation, but that seems par for the course for this process unfortunately. I'm just waiting for them to process now that I have provided the requested additional documentation. Still in the In Process phase.
Attach the document to a webform too. Processing depends on when the officer will check your application again.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017

Here's my timeline:
I received their response in 2 days after I submitted the requested information for my application, so I would double-check your sent folder for the reply and make sure the e-mail address is correct and that you attached the file correctly.

Zives412

Jun 26, 2023
I received their response in 2 days after I submitted the requested information for my application, so I would double-check your sent folder for the reply and make sure the e-mail address is correct and that you attached the file correctly.
I replied directly to the email I received (address matched the one they said to send to) as well as sent separate email copying and pasting the email address they provided. Seems like response time may be based on the agent processing the application. I have a feeling mine was moved to the back of their queue unfortunately. You’d think they’d want to knock it out as they obviously did the preliminary look and just need the supplement, but who knows.

They should have my info three times over now. I hate to duplicate effort but I want to be certain they received it and I don’t receive notification that the application is abandoned due to this.

alenabalyeat

Dec 15, 2023
Hello everyone, im looking for a little insight if anyone can provide any :)

I applied for Proof of Canadian Citizenship (through descent, mother was born canadian) inside the US and received notice my application status was changed to approved. It also says to check messages, but I have not received any in my portal or my email. Would my certificate be mailed without a letter from them SAYING it’s been mailed? I received notice on 3/08/2024 but my application was approved 2/19/2024. Just wondering if i should be watching the mail if they haven’t specifically notified me that they’ve mailed it. Thanks!