+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi Everyone, I had previously recieved PRTD approval(June 26th) and then submitted my flight details(June 28th). My flight was initially on 22nd july and it got cancelled due to international travel ban extension. I booked another flight for 3rd auguest and sent the updated itinenary(on july 6th) through the same email. I got approval letter with itinenary(second flight booked) listed in it to be shown as proof to board the flight. My second Flight exceeds the 30 day limit from date of PRTD approval but letter was still sent. I think it was because I mentioned that my first reservation got cancelled while sending the second reservation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
thanks for sharing the details. One question though, did you receive the PR recently after 18-March-2020 or it was before Corona outbreak?
Asking because people who have received COPR after 18-March are not exempt from travel restriction.

NamitaP

Jul 15, 2020
Curious when the expiry date on the PRTD is?
Hi Everyone, I had previously recieved PRTD approval(June 26th) and then submitted my flight details(June 28th). My flight was initially on 22nd july and it got cancelled due to international travel ban extension. I booked another flight for 3rd auguest and sent the updated itinenary(on july 6th) through the same email. I got approval letter with itinenary(second flight booked) listed in it to be shown as proof to board the flight. My second Flight exceeds the 30 day limit from date of PRTD approval but letter was still sent. I think it was because I mentioned that my first reservation got cancelled while sending the second reservation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
May I know how much time did it take to receive the e-authorization after sending tickets?

April2020

Jul 16, 2020
FYI, GUYS, My PRTD application got approved today. Once VAC is open near to me, IRCC will send the passport request letter to me to submit the passport at VAC to get it stamped.
there is an option to obtain the travel authorization document by email by submitting the flight detail if you need to travel within 30 days but for that, you need to prove why you need to travel urgently.
Hi! Could you please let me know how you did with the photos they require. Did you get your pictures taken and stamped in the back with the photographer information and then scanned them?

April2020

Jul 16, 2020
My wife's online PRTD application is approved, and asked me to share proof of travel in next 30 days.

I applied through "covid prtd" email address
Hi! Could you please let me know how your wife did with the photos they require. Did she get her pictures taken and stamped in the back with the photographer information and then scanned and email them with the other documents? Thanks

April2020

Jul 16, 2020
Hi everyone! I am going to apply for my PRTD through the Covid email but I don't know how to do with the photos they ask for. Do I get printed photos with the photographer stamp or handwritten information in the back and them scan them?

I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
No, she did not send any tickets.Only complete application form and other photocopies were sent by her.When they send you the approval in the email then they will ask you for tickets if you want to travel urgently.
Hi can you please help regarding filling documents checklist. There are some points which doesnt applicable to you. For E.g accompanied Canadian citizen or passport submission. We gona leave it empty??
And also please advise how did she submitted photos

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hello, I have a few doubts with filling the PRTD via email because the VFS is closed. Any help is appreciated :)

1. Photos - Do we have to stick the photo on to the application in the top right corner in the "Space reserved for applicant's photo" section OR do we have to send scanned copies of photos separately OR do BOTH?

2. The website says we need to answer every question and not skip any section. The following questions are not applicable to me. In this case, should I leave it blank or fill N/A?
A. "Other names" [Question number 1]
B. "Your mailing address outside Canada (if different from above)" with address, city, state options [QUESTION NUMBER 12.C]
C. "Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds" [Question number 19]

3. Should we fill the "Date of receipt stamp at post" on top right corner?

4. For question #14 on Activities & Employment, what should I fill in the "to" date? I'm still working. So should I fill "Present" or "today's date"?

5. For question #15 - List all periods you spent in Canada during the past five (5) years. If you became a permanent resident less than five (5) years ago: list time spent in Canada from the time you became a permanent resident to present
. - I landed on 28th Aug 2018, got my PR approved and immediately returned back the same day. In this case, should I fill this up as 1 day?

Thanks in advance!

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Hello everyone, I got my PRTD approved today. I'd like to thank everyone on this group for helping me clarify my doubts. Happy to answer any questions you might have from my experience.

Planning to book tickets as soon they're available in the next VBM phase to get the letter of authorization. Will keep this thread posted.

Reactions: gokul0989

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hello everyone, I got my PRTD approved today. I'd like to thank everyone on this group for helping me clarify my doubts. Happy to answer any questions you might have from my experience.

Planning to book tickets as soon they're available in the next VBM phase to get the letter of authorization. Will keep this thread posted.
Congratulations on ur approval.
can you please help me regarding filling documents checklist. There are some points which doesnt applicable to you. For E.g accompanied Canadian citizen or passport submission. We gona leave it empty??

Stay Safe, thanks

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Congratulations on ur approval.
can you please help me regarding filling documents checklist. There are some points which doesnt applicable to you. For E.g accompanied Canadian citizen or passport submission. We gona leave it empty??

Stay Safe, thanks
Hey,

1. Yes, I left it empty.
2. I scanned two photos (front and back) and attached it along with the email. The back of the photo with address of the photo studio and date when it was taken.

Reactions: Faheem00

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hey,

1. Yes, I left it empty.
2. I scanned two photos (front and back) and attached it along with the email. The back of the photo with address of the photo studio and date when it was taken.
Thankyou so much for your help

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
This application facility through email is due to COVID 19..It may not be there once VAC gets opened
People appylying for prtd from India through email are getting approvals within a week.Its much faster than earlier when people used to apply by submitting hard copies to VFS.One of my distant relatives got it approved within a week.She applied on H&C grounds(18year old) on 17th june and got it approved on 23rd june.Hope it helps.Amid COVID19 Pandemic, people can apply through email.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada
Hi, i am getting confused while filling PRTD document checklist form. In document checklist No.8 saying you must submit 2 pieces evidence that can show residency in Canada in the 5 years immediately before the app. Docs such as bank statement, CRA, evidence from Canada govt benifits or renta
People appylying for prtd from India through email are getting approvals within a week.Its much faster than earlier when people used to apply by submitting hard copies to VFS.One of my distant relatives got it approved within a week.She applied on H&C grounds(18year old) on 17th june and got it approved on 23rd june.Hope it helps.Amid COVID19 Pandemic, people can apply through email.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

i would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Hi, i am getting confused while filling PRTD document checklist form. In document checklist No.8 saying you must submit 2 pieces evidence that can show residency in Canada in the 5 years immediately before the app. Docs such as bank statement, CRA, evidence from Canada govt benifits or rental agreement.
I did soft landing in Jan2020 for 2 weeks. Now m back in home country. I dont have any proof like that except rental agreement. Please advise

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hey,

1. Yes, I left it empty.
Thanks for the reply. But what did you right on top right corner of the form "Date of Receipt stamp at post"

silent_flyer

Jun 20, 2020
thanks for sharing the details. One question though, did you receive the PR recently after 18-March-2020 or it was before Corona outbreak?
Asking because people who have received COPR after 18-March are not exempt from travel restriction.
Hi, I landed in Canada before Pandemic and got my COPR earlier itself. Didn't get it after 18th-March but before it

Reactions: sumitkamboj88