+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

silent_flyer

Jun 20, 2020
No Worries. I understand. Here to help.
I submitted my application on 12th June via the email.
Received confirmation of PRTD Approval with request for flight details on 25th June. So it took about 2 weeks for approval.
And then it took me about 9 days to receive Authorization letter after sending flight details.

Reactions: gokul0989

darrenfrances

Jan 9, 2014
Received confirmation of PRTD Approval with request for flight details on 25th June. So it took about 2 weeks for approval.
And then it took me about 9 days to receive Authorization letter after sending flight details.
GREAT :) gives me hope! That Authorization letter is all you need to travel right?

May I ask which country you're from / country of residence? I saw that the PRTD gets processed by the visa office responsible for each applicant.

silent_flyer

Jun 20, 2020
GREAT :) gives me hope! That Authorization letter is all you need to travel right?

May I ask which country you're from / country of residence? I saw that the PRTD gets processed by the visa office responsible for each applicant.
Yeah, Authorization letter is all you need to travel.
I applied from India as I am in India from past 3-4 months but I have been a resident of US from past 5 years. I believe it got processed from India Visa office considering I applied from India.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hey,

1. Yes, I left it empty.
2. I scanned two photos (front and back) and attached it along with the email. The back of the photo with address of the photo studio and date when it was taken.
Hi, congrats on your approval. I have applied for PRTD through email on 15 July 2020. But, I only sent my photo copy and did not scan the back of my photo with address of the studio on it. Will they ask for the photo again? and will it affect the outcome of the application.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi, i am getting confused while filling PRTD document checklist form. In document checklist No.8 saying you must submit 2 pieces evidence that can show residency in Canada in the 5 years immediately before the app. Docs such as bank statement, CRA, evidence from Canada govt benifits or renta

i would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Hi, i am getting confused while filling PRTD document checklist form. In document checklist No.8 saying you must submit 2 pieces evidence that can show residency in Canada in the 5 years immediately before the app. Docs such as bank statement, CRA, evidence from Canada govt benifits or rental agreement.
I did soft landing in Jan2020 for 2 weeks. Now m back in home country. I dont have any proof like that except rental agreement. Please advise
Hi even I am in the same situation as you. I did soft landing on Feb 2020 and came back to India. I think, the copy of our COPR and the initial one time entry visa stamping that we received for our travel should be sufficient to prove our RO as we are new Permanent Residents. I had the same doubt and got this cleared in another forum page. I added a Letter of Explanation along with my application, just explaining the time line of my events after getting COPR. It is not mandatory, but I just attached it along with the application.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi, Can you please let me know if you sent the scanned copies of your photos with address of the studio behind the photo. I only sent a soft copy of my photo. Will this affect the outcome of the application?. Appreciate your help.

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Hi even I am in the same situation as you. I did soft landing on Feb 2020 and came back to India. I think, the copy of our COPR and the initial one time entry visa stamping that we received for our travel should be sufficient to prove our RO as we are new Permanent Residents. I had the same doubt and got this cleared in another forum page. I added a Letter of Explanation along with my application, just explaining the time line of my events after getting COPR. It is not mandatory, but I just attached it along with the application.
Thanks for your reply.

Would you be able to share what exactly you explained. It can give me idea as well to explain them better. And also please tell when did you apply for PRTD

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Thanks for your reply.

Would you be able to share what exactly you explained. It can give me idea as well to explain them better. And also please tell when did you apply for PRTD
I applied on 15 July 2020.

I wrote a letter stating the details of my COPR approval, the date I landed and how long I stayed in Canada etc. Then I explained my present situation and why I would like to apply for a PRTD, also stating that the PR card processing is being delayed due to the pandemic which is the main reason for applying PRTD.

But, I made a mistake of not scanning the backside of my photo with the address of the studio. I am not sure if it will go through or I might be asked to resend the photo again.

Faheem00

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
I applied on 15 July 2020.

I wrote a letter stating the details of my COPR approval, the date I landed and how long I stayed in Canada etc. Then I explained my present situation and why I would like to apply for a PRTD, also stating that the PR card processing is being delayed due to the pandemic which is the main reason for applying PRTD.

But, I made a mistake of not scanning the backside of my photo with the address of the studio. I am not sure if it will go through or I might be asked to resend the photo again.
Thanks for the reply.

I don't think so that would be a issue. Hopefully Everything goes smoothe with your application. Let us know when you get approval of PRTD.

Dee92

Aug 12, 2018
Hey. I am planning to send the tickets for the authorisation letter. Does your flight transit through the US? May I know the origin, transit and destination of the flight tickets submitted, if you don’t mind. Thanks.

Last edited: