+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

homosapien2canada

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-05-2019
Passport Req..
17-12-2019
It’s been 6 weeks since I submitted my application and haven’t received a response. I’m not sure if it has to do with a mistake in my application so I’d like to know from those who have received a response if the use of parentheses () is required in the subject line of my email. Eg. PRTD application: (John Doe).

Perhaps a failure to use parentheses could stop the ERP from picking up the email. What do you folks think?

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
FYI, GUYS, My PRTD application got approved today. Once VAC is open near to me, IRCC will send the passport request letter to me to submit the passport at VAC to get it stamped.
there is an option to obtain the travel authorization document by email by submitting the flight detail if you need to travel within 30 days but for that, you need to prove why you need to travel urgently.
Hi, Can you please let me know what were the documents that you submitted through the email. Copies of Passport, COPR, Application form and Checklist, Photos. Is there anything apart from this.? Is a confirmed flight ticket mandatory for applying PRTD?. Kindly appreciate your help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure why you are arguing.

“You can apply for a permanent resident travel document if you:

• are a permanent resident,
  • do not have a valid PR card showing your PR status,
  • are outside Canada, and
  • will return to Canada by airplane, boat, train or bus.“
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document/eligibility.html
If you look back on some of the posts there are people who apllied for PR inland and didn't update CIC that they had left Canada. Now they have an electronic COPR that was supposed to be for inland applicants only. They are being told to apply for PRTD. CIC has now learned and asks you to confirm that you are in Canada and when you entered before sending the new inland electronic COPR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Can you please let me know what were the documents that you submitted through the email. Copies of Passport, COPR, Application form and Checklist, Photos. Is there anything apart from this.? Is a confirmed flight ticket mandatory for applying PRTD?. Kindly appreciate your help.
Yes a flight seems to be necessary.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
@canuck78 I did my landing in Canada and returned to India. Then, I got married. I have not informed IRCC about my marriage since I got married after I became PR. In the PRTD application I have mentioned my marital status as married. Would this cause any issue in finalizing my PRTD? as in my COPR my marital status says single. Or should I attach a separate Letter of Explanation for this. Appreciate your help.

Reactions: admodi86

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi Everyone, I had previously recieved PRTD approval(June 26th) and then submitted my flight details(June 28th). My flight was initially on 22nd july and it got cancelled due to international travel ban extension. I booked another flight for 3rd auguest and sent the updated itinenary(on july 6th) through the same email. I got approval letter with itinenary(second flight booked) listed in it to be shown as proof to board the flight. My second Flight exceeds the 30 day limit from date of PRTD approval but letter was still sent. I think it was because I mentioned that my first reservation got cancelled while sending the second reservation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Can you share whether the validity dates on the PRTD changed both the times when you submitted the tickets????
Also, can you share if they PRINT the travel dates you give on the itinerary ON the PRTD AUTHORIZATION LETTER? Is that the reason you could not use the same letter for the 2nd time you booked the tickets and requested an e-authorization again?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 I did my landing in Canada and returned to India. Then, I got married. I have not informed IRCC about my marriage since I got married after I became PR. In the PRTD application I have mentioned my marital status as married. Would this cause any issue in finalizing my PRTD? as in my COPR my marital status says single. Or should I attach a separate Letter of Explanation for this. Appreciate your help.
No issue.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
No. I did not submit the flight ticket. you can apply without a flight ticket for PRTD but in order to get travel authorization document you need to book the flight and provide the proof. if you can wait for VAC to open to get the passport stamped, there is no need to provide the flight ticket.

Reactions: gokul0989

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
No. I did not submit the flight ticket. you can apply without a flight ticket for PRTD but in order to get travel authorization document you need to book the flight and provide the proof. if you can wait for VAC to open to get the passport stamped, there is no need to provide the flight ticket.
Thank you. I am applying today and I have mentioned intended date of travel as 15 Oct 2020. Could you please let me know if the validity of PRTD depends on our intended date of travel. I am also planning to book a ticket for the same date and attach it to my application. Really appreciate your help and inputs.

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Thank you. I am applying today and I have mentioned intended date of travel as 15 Oct 2020. Could you please let me know if the validity of PRTD depends on our intended date of travel. I am also planning to book a ticket for the same date and attach it to my application. Really appreciate your help and inputs.
PRTD is generally for one-time entry and valid for six months. I have seen people saying that they received the PRTD valid for one year and for multiple entries. So, I assume you will get it at least for 6 months validity.

NamitaP

Jul 15, 2020
Hi Everyone, I had previously recieved PRTD approval(June 26th) and then submitted my flight details(June 28th). My flight was initially on 22nd july and it got cancelled due to international travel ban extension. I booked another flight for 3rd auguest and sent the updated itinenary(on july 6th) through the same email. I got approval letter with itinenary(second flight booked) listed in it to be shown as proof to board the flight. My second Flight exceeds the 30 day limit from date of PRTD approval but letter was still sent. I think it was because I mentioned that my first reservation got cancelled while sending the second reservation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
How much time did it take to get the e-authorization after sending the flight tickets?