+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi, My friend applied for PRTD on email on June 25 and got an approval email today. He has been given 30 days to submit tickets. The question is once the tickets are booked, what does the e-authorization document say???? Is there a validity period on the document??? Does it say that the person is going to fly on that particular date ? In other words, is the person bound to go by that flight only?? What if the flight gets cancelled, then is that person supposed to request for a new e-authorization? Anyone who has received PRTD , please share if you can.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
hi Folks...I see that they are asking for tickets if you want to travel urgently. is it necessary that the date of travel should be within 30 days from the approval of our application or can it be let's say 50 days but we have to submit the ticket within 30 days? TIA
Did you get an answer to this ? A friend of mine who got approval today is wondering the same thing. Is anyone able to share the validity of the online travel document and it's content?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Following is a point from the email -

However – If you have imminent travel (in the next 30 days), you may be eligible to travel to Canada with a “Letter of Authorization” instead of a visa counterfoil in your passport. In order to qualify for this letter, you will need to submit proof of your upcoming travel to this email address: IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Question is-
1) What if the next available flight is not within 30 days? Can the person still book tickets and send them the travel itinerary?
2) What will be the content of the Authorization letter and it's validity? Can it be re used if the commercial flight gets cancelled (this has been happening with lot of Flights and people are not issued refund and are instead asked to use a voucher for next travel. Hence,money gets stuck.)
3) Today is July 4 and India has announced commercial flight ban till end of July 2020. Air India repatriation flights are not easily available either. Tons of people are facing booking issues.
So that is another big challenge and hence, the obligation to travel on a selected date by IRCC is quite worrisome.

Anyone who has already received the travel authorization letter, your experience can be helpful for many other people. Thank you.

Reactions: asaeed100

abrahamp

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Did you get an answer to this ? A friend of mine who got approval today is wondering the same thing. Is anyone able to share the validity of the online travel document and it's content?
Sorry....I didn't get an answer yet. :(

silent_flyer

Jun 20, 2020
Hi Everyone, I had previously recieved PRTD approval(June 26th) and then submitted my flight details(June 28th). My flight was initially on 22nd july and it got cancelled due to international travel ban extension. I booked another flight for 3rd auguest and sent the updated itinenary(on july 6th) through the same email. I got approval letter with itinenary(second flight booked) listed in it to be shown as proof to board the flight. My second Flight exceeds the 30 day limit from date of PRTD approval but letter was still sent. I think it was because I mentioned that my first reservation got cancelled while sending the second reservation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone, I had previously recieved PRTD approval(June 26th) and then submitted my flight details(June 28th). My flight was initially on 22nd july and it got cancelled due to international travel ban extension. I booked another flight for 3rd auguest and sent the updated itinenary(on july 6th) through the same email. I got approval letter with itinenary(second flight booked) listed in it to be shown as proof to board the flight. My second Flight exceeds the 30 day limit from date of PRTD approval but letter was still sent. I think it was because I mentioned that my first reservation got cancelled while sending the second reservation.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Curious when the expiry date on the PRTD is?

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
This is an extension of COPR without having to redo things like a medical. Very different situation,
It’s a PRTD, not an extension of CoPR. You don’t need medicals for a PRTD. He’s already a landed PR.

I was saying that, to my knowledge, before COVID IRCC issued PRTD with longer validity, like 6 or 12 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s a PRTD, not an extension of CoPR. You don’t need medicals for a PRTD. He’s already a landed PR.

I was saying that, to my knowledge, before COVID IRCC issued PRTD with longer validity, like 6 or 12 months.
Do we know that this person landed already? Maybe they did a short landing and are waiting for their PR card. Due to longer PR card processing times they had to apply for a PRTD but the card will be delivered at some point. The length of a PRTD is situational Same as whether it is single entry or multiple entry. The majority of posters on this tread are waiting for COPR extensions.

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Do we know that this person landed already? Maybe they did a short landing and are waiting for their PR card. Due to longer PR card processing times they had to apply for a PRTD but the card will be delivered at some point. The length of a PRTD is situational Same as whether it is single entry or multiple entry. The majority of posters on this tread are waiting for COPR extensions.
Not sure why you are arguing.

“You can apply for a permanent resident travel document if you:

• are a permanent resident,
  • do not have a valid PR card showing your PR status,
  • are outside Canada, and
  • will return to Canada by airplane, boat, train or bus.“
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document/eligibility.html

Reactions: asaeed100