+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time: GSS stream

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Thank you.

Application submitted for Global Talent Stream: April 30,2020 with biometrics, upfront medical examination
Requested additional documents of Queensland Traffic history: July 16
I uploaded the requested documents on July 23.
Biometrics correspondence letter: July 27
I received email indicating that IRCC received the additional documents I uploaded: August 10
5 minutes after this notification, I received the passport request letter.

Applied online from Singapore. My application was processed in Edmonton/Alberta.

Anyone knows if I am allowed to enter Canada ? Please kindly let me know..
You need to request an authorization letter from IRCC to board a flight, congrats!

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Dear all,

I just received Original passport request from IRCC. And in my account, it is indicated that "Your application was approved " under final decision.
Thank you very much to everyone who guided me along the process. I wish all of you the best.

Now, I need to find out if I am allowed to enter to Canada once I have the visa issued on my passport. Do I need anything else such as paperwork to enter to Canada?
congratulations.

Reactions: RnDtech

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
You need to request an authorization letter from IRCC to board a flight, congrats!
Thank you. Is there any way I can request an authorization letter from IRCC,How Can I request this letter from IRCC? I couldn't find sufficient information on how to get this letter from IRCC.. How long does it take to receive this letter?

Thanks a lot,really.

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Thank you. Is there any way I can request an authorization letter from IRCC,How Can I request this letter from IRCC? I couldn't find sufficient information on how to get this letter from IRCC.. How long does it take to receive this letter?

Thanks a lot,really.
Honestly I don’t know but the information shouldn’t be hard to find. Good news is it shouldn’t take long to get, I remember seeing someone who got it in a few days!

RMen

Jun 22, 2020

Thanks a lot,really.
From whatever I am aware, Work Permit holders are exempt from travel restrictions. You might want to confirm again though

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017

Thanks a lot,really.
Congratulations @RnDtech. Are you travelling with family members?

ash_pratap

Jul 13, 2020
thank you. no, I am travelling alone as a single person. I will have to find out how to get authorization letter and if it is compulsory for me as closed work permit holder.
Hey @RnDtech , congratulations. You are the first GTS application that I have seen approved in the last few months. I was wondering if you would be able to talk about your Job Profile? Just to get an idea.

meliksah

Jul 22, 2020
@RnDtech before that there was an email for getting authorization for both family and work permit holder. But under work permit page it looks like it has changed and not needed for work permit holders anymore. You should read carefully before your travel arrangement

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
@RnDtech what I know due to effect of Covid19 to businesses in Canada you needed to secure a letter from your employer or they call it "proof of employment at a Canadian business "

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
@@RnDtech read this article, but as mentioned by @meliksah nothing mentioned specifically about the WP holder ,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization
Yes, I have seen this. It has the following note:
"Email us at the address below only if you’re reuniting with an immediate family member who is living in Canada temporarily. We won’t respond to any other inquiries "

So I am very confused if visa on passport is enough to enter or I must get authorization letter from IRCC and /or proof of employment letter from the Canadian business.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
ye
Yes, I have seen this. It has the following note:
"Email us at the address below only if you’re reuniting with an immediate family member who is living in Canada temporarily. We won’t respond to any other inquiries "

So I am very confused if visa on passport is enough to enter or I must get authorization letter from IRCC and /or proof of employment letter from the Canadian business.
a

Yes I read that too, that is the reason I ask if you are coming with the family to Canada too

meliksah

Jul 22, 2020
@RnDtech no need to be confused. Most probably not required for authorization since it is not writing. But at the border most probably you need to prove that your employer not closed due to Covid-19 and you will start after 14 days self isolation. So bringing up letter that shows employer intentions about to your start date will be enough.

I wrote this answer as you wrote you are single person and do not have anyone to accompany.

Reactions: ash_pratap