+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time: GSS stream

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
any update from anyone who submitted application for GTS? as updated by ircc last week, the temporary visa resumed from july 1. but I am still waiting for GTS visa outcome..frustrating

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
no update from my end, still waiting.

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I was wondering if I should send another webform to ircc.. not sure if multiple webform harms my application.. on june 12th, I sent webform along with company letter saying that I will begin to work once i arrive to Canada and highlight of faster processing in the company letter..

Reactions: anjung

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
I was wondering if I should send another webform to ircc.. not sure if multiple webform harms my application.. on june 12th, I sent webform along with company letter saying that I will begin to work once i arrive to Canada and highlight of faster processing in the company letter..
They advise not to send multiple webforms, I submitted one yesterday and the message said expect a reply in 28 working days.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
I think you should be expecting a response in a week or so. let us know how it goes.

Reactions: RnDtech

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
hi..Is it possible can you share the format of the letter stating your urgent requirement in canada.
- we are aware that covid19 impacted processing of visa... however, it has taken much longer than it is advertised for the processing time.. this is damaging our business as his knowledge will contribute to our business significantly..
it was something along these lines..
hope this helps

Raju586

Jan 6, 2020
Hi Guys - I need some information regarding visa processing.Currently i am staying in Dubai and my Canadian employer have applied the work permit for Me with positive LMIA under GSS Stream. As i am staying in Dubai i have applied from here and submitted the biometrics on June 1 2020. Now my project is over and i should return to India once international flight resumes.

So is there any chance for me to transfer my visa application from UAE embassy to Indian embassy for further processing ?

Reactions: ramandrod

CADWRKPT

Jul 11, 2020
I sent IRCC documentation from my employer demonstrating the job was essential in nature (I’m a biomedical researcher). Three days later my work permit approved June 2. Travelled to Canada June 9 with no issues, but I did have to show my POE letter and letter of essential nature from my employer to the airline.

From what I understand, the 2 week processing time is meaningless because of COVID. Try and get a letter from your employer.
@marrymechrispratt

Congratulations!! I was wondering if you used web form on the IRCC website or directly sent an email to IRCC with the documentation from your employer? I am a biomed researcher too, moving from US but I am not a US citizen. Just wanted to try this to see if I will have any luck.
Greatly appreciate your response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@marrymechrispratt

Congratulations!! I was wondering if you used web form on the IRCC website or directly sent an email to IRCC with the documentation from your employer? I am a biomed researcher too, moving from US but I am not a US citizen. Just wanted to try this to see if I will have any luck.
Greatly appreciate your response.
Assume @marrymechrispratt may be working in something vaccine related or for a workplace that does covid research. Anything covid-related or related to supplying essntial resources, like food, during covid will be the types of employment fast-tracked.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys - I need some information regarding visa processing.Currently i am staying in Dubai and my Canadian employer have applied the work permit for Me with positive LMIA under GSS Stream. As i am staying in Dubai i have applied from here and submitted the biometrics on June 1 2020. Now my project is over and i should return to India once international flight resumes.

So is there any chance for me to transfer my visa application from UAE embassy to Indian embassy for further processing ?
Yes. Update your address. Sometimes the address doesn't get updated. If that is the case ask to change your PPR request to another country. The bigger issue is that most offices in India are currently closed. Do you have a TRV?

Raju586

Jan 6, 2020
Yes. Update your address. Sometimes the address doesn't get updated. If that is the case ask to change your PPR request to another country. The bigger issue is that most offices in India are currently closed. Do you have a TRV?
No i dont have TRV. I have submitted my biometrics on june 1st and waiting for the next steps regarding my WP application.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
- we are aware that covid19 impacted processing of visa... however, it has taken much longer than it is advertised for the processing time.. this is damaging our business as his knowledge will contribute to our business significantly..
it was something along these lines..
hope this helps
still no response on your webform?

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I applied my GTS online from Singapore where I live..
Today, I received the following email from Singapore VO:

"
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
As your application is being processed by our office in CPC Edmonton, please submit your enquiry/information using the Case Specific Enquiry form.

To change your address, check your application status, or pay fees please visit the My Immigration or Citizenship Application webpage.
If enquiries are not submitted through the Case Specific Enquiry link, they may not be responded to.
We hope this information will be of assistance."

Should I worry about the fact that my application is being processed in CPC Edmonton? Is this a sign of significant delay/refusal to be processed in CPC Edmonton? Because I live in Singapore and applied online for GTS..

SophieLiang

Jul 15, 2020
I applied my GTS online from Singapore where I live..
Today, I received the following email from Singapore VO:

"
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
As your application is being processed by our office in CPC Edmonton, please submit your enquiry/information using the Case Specific Enquiry form.

To change your address, check your application status, or pay fees please visit the My Immigration or Citizenship Application webpage.
If enquiries are not submitted through the Case Specific Enquiry link, they may not be responded to.
We hope this information will be of assistance."

Should I worry about the fact that my application is being processed in CPC Edmonton? Is this a sign of significant delay/refusal to be processed in CPC Edmonton? Because I live in Singapore and applied online for GTS..
Due to the COVID-19, the application is requested to submitted online. If I am not wrong, looks like all of the applications will be processed in Canada. So you will not need to worry about the response from Singapore.