08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Hi Folks,

I just found this thread. Posting on behalf of my wife.

Her company filed for her work permit under Global Skills Strategy (GSS) (2-weeks processing) Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)-exempt and ICT. My wife's an auditor so I'm assuming they have filed under NOC 1111. She already had valid biometrics so she just had to complete up-front medical and police certificates while submitting docs to her employer's Law firm. They filed for her permit on March 11 (sent IRCC submission letter for the same).

Now pretty much because of COVID19 there has been no update on her application after 1 month when her lawyer checked the status of the application it was 'medical passed' on March 11 (same day they submitted the application).

I am wondering how much more time it would take approximately as we want to travel back to Canada as soon we can now that foreign workers can travel.

Any advice?

Has anyone applied under GSS and seen any updates recently?

Reactions: PravinDeo

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018

marrymechrispratt

Apr 27, 2020
I've also applied under GSS, and same. Applied March 19. However, I received an update from IRCC after sending persistent webforms. They are only processing "critical" applications, and will return to processing all other applications when things return to "normal." There is no definition on what critical or normal mean, but I'm assuming they're only approving applications for permits pertaining to jobs in healthcare or w/ direct relation to the COVID-19 crisis. Returning to normal is probably dependent on their temporary processing directions, which right now extends until May 19 (but may be extended).

Reactions: chaudri

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
When you submitted your GTS online visa application, did you already get an upfront medical examination done and submit its result with your visa application?

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
I've also applied under GSS, and same. Applied March 19. However, I received an update from IRCC after sending persistent webforms. They are only processing "critical" applications, and will return to processing all other applications when things return to "normal." There is no definition on what critical or normal mean, but I'm assuming they're only approving applications for permits pertaining to jobs in healthcare or w/ direct relation to the COVID-19 crisis. Returning to normal is probably dependent on their temporary processing directions, which right now extends until May 19 (but may be extended).
any update on your status?

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
also, in your employment offer, what is the starting date for the job?
Thanks.
The employer has been kind enough to extend the date of joining 3 times till now. Initially it was 15 April.

chaudri

Feb 1, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Med's Done....
11-06-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
LANDED..........
23 April 2018
Nope! It will be delayed until the pause is lifted (aka when the travel restrictions end).
I have also submitted a webcorm inquiry but not sure if i will hear back as my application was filed by lawyers.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
Hi Guys, I wanted to ask just for my clarify when we personally submit or our representative lawyer our Work Permit Application under the Global Skills Strategy (GSS) work permit application for processing in two weeks? I know for act most of the time it gets longer but my question is:

Are there any instances that IRCC decline or not consider an application accepted "two weeks processing or I would say much expedite processing (of course much faster than normal processing time)" even you have all the checklists/requirements completed as required and all submitted on time?

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017

Hi did you get any response? Did you also originally apply work permit applications processed in two weeks?

marrymechrispratt

Apr 27, 2020
Hi did you get any response? Did you also originally apply work permit applications processed in two weeks?
I sent IRCC documentation from my employer demonstrating the job was essential in nature (I’m a biomedical researcher). Three days later my work permit approved June 2. Travelled to Canada June 9 with no issues, but I did have to show my POE letter and letter of essential nature from my employer to the airline.

From what I understand, the 2 week processing time is meaningless because of COVID. Try and get a letter from your employer.

danilorniepes

Dec 20, 2017
I sent IRCC documentation from my employer demonstrating the job was essential in nature (I’m a biomedical researcher). Three days later my work permit approved June 2. Traveled to Canada June 9 with no issues, but I did have to show my POE letter and letter of essential nature from my employer to the airline.

From what I understand, the 2 week processing time is meaningless because of COVID. Try and get a letter from your employer.
Happy to hear that finally, you are now in Canada. I am actually not hoping for an exact 2 weeks processing but at least make it priority processing than the normal 39 weeks processing in UAE.

Hows your travel going to Canada? Which airport? Can you share some details / experience? Which country you are from and the 14 days quarantine? How it's like from the airport to Canada?