+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

ethvscrypto

Jan 16, 2021
Which province are you in? If you don't have enough points for EE, then you will have to look at the PNP program for the province you are in.
I am in Ontario. I have looked at the PNP program, but it looks like it requires a high score as well.

For example, the recent draw for the following programs were as follows:
  • The Human Capital Priorities stream = CRS Score is 460-468
  • canadian experience class = CRS Score is 461
  • FSW = CRS Score is 468

Any suggestions? Based on my calculations my score ranges between 204 to 235.

Thanks a lot, i appreciate it ^^

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am in Ontario. I have looked at the PNP program, but it looks like it requires a high score as well.

For example, the recent draw for the following programs were as follows:
  • The Human Capital Priorities stream = CRS Score is 460-468
  • canadian experience class = CRS Score is 461
  • FSW = CRS Score is 468

Any suggestions? Based on my calculations my score ranges between 204 to 235.

Thanks a lot, i appreciate it ^^
Yes, Ontario point cut offs are quite high.

Your score is extremely low. Are you sure that's right? What is your level of education and age? Have you maxed out your IELTS scores?

ethvscrypto

Jan 16, 2021
Yes, Ontario point cut offs are quite high.

Your score is extremely low. Are you sure that's right? What is your level of education and age? Have you maxed out your IELTS scores?
  • CLB 8
  • Bachelor
  • 34yrs
  • Married (My wife`s English is not that good, hence i assume she won`t be able to get a good score on ielts)
  • 10 yrs experience.

Reactions: itzraj

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
Guys,

question of topic, so i got the work permit. Now, what should i do to get the PR.

I am 34 yrs old, and applying for EE is not possible for me due to the high score even after calculating the one year and the job offer.

Any suggestion on which path should i take to get the PR?
How much points you are considering for one year and Job offer?

ethvscrypto

Jan 16, 2021
How much points you are considering for one year and Job offer?
Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 90
  • Level of education = 112
  • Official Languages = 88
    • First Official Language = 88
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 35
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 325

Education (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and education = 13
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 13
Subtotal = 26

Foreign work experience (to a maximum of 50 points)
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 25
Subtotal = 50

Total Comprehensive Ranking System score = 444 --> still too low :\

RidhimaH

Dec 22, 2020
NYC VAC. I opt in for their FedEx 2way service. It took a week from the initial email to get the shipping labels from them. I did not ask if I can arrange and use other courier service.
Hi, I am in the same boat right now. Already sent my passport today to VFS NYC. Could you share how much time it took for you to get it back?
Thanks in advance

RidhimaH

Dec 22, 2020
5-6 business days
Thank you so much for your reply :)
I have another question- If my job is starting in April in Canada, and if I get my passport by Feb, is it okay to enter the country two months before my start date? My spouse is in Canada, and I would like to reunite.

rohanp141

Nov 11, 2020
Hello,

I have got biometric slots for myself for work permit. However, I am not able to schedule one for my spouse who will be on visitors Visa. Is there a way to schedule hers biometric or Dubai is the only option. Also are they approving visitors visa?

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
Is there anyone here who have filed their ICT WP from USA in Nov 2020 and still waiting for decision? Mine was filed on 24th Nov and no updates after that. It keep saying that application is under process. Please let me know.

Pankaj2021

Jan 18, 2021
Sharing my timeline for ICT WP from the U.S.

Application submitted: Dec 24th
Biometrics request: Dec 25th
Biometrics submitted: Dec 30th
Passport request: Jan 19th

I mailed my passport to VFS Los Angeles this afternoon.

A few tips :
1. I gave my biometrics at a VAC (instead of a USCIS ASC) because there was an immediate slot available at that time. When I checked the ASC website, the earliest appointment available was almost 1.5 weeks ahead. So just by picking a VAC over an ASC, I saved ~7 days.

2. I got my shipping labels ahead of time. I was hoping I would get the approval this week, so I went ahead and ordered the shipping labels days before I got the passport request letter. Depending on your situation, you could save 1-2 days (by just being a little impatient ;))
Between Biometric Submission and Passport Request, did you receive any other communication that application is approved? If yes, can you share the date please. Thanks !

PramodhG

Jan 31, 2021
Anyone received biometric instruction letter in India after 20th Jan VFS update?
My employer claims that they have requested for the Biometric letter and will have to wait till Feb 3rd to get it. I certainly don't understand the logic behind it. Any thoughts?

Pankaj2021

Jan 18, 2021
Anyone received biometric instruction letter in India after 20th Jan VFS update?
My employer claims that they have requested for the Biometric letter and will have to wait till Feb 3rd to get it. I certainly don't understand the logic behind it. Any thoughts?
You don't need to request BIL. You receive it automatically once you submit online application. Once you receive BIL, you need to request for biometric appointment.

PramodhG

Jan 31, 2021
You don't need to request BIL. You receive it automatically once you submit online application. Once you receive BIL, you need to request for biometric appointment.
My employer claims that all the letters expired and they requested for new ones.