+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
Few friends who are planning to leave India they had tough time booking flights because every one want to avoid long waiting time for connecting flights and avoiding european connections if possible due to COVID..

So you might need to consider that also... But i assume you can cancel India flights if you got your PPR sooner...
You should not have trouble booking few dates before from US to CAN..
Do you know if I travel to India and get my ICT WP approval after reaching there, is there any issues to get Visa stamped in India (Delhi)? I know Bio-metrics is not open to all for Canada. Does Visa stamping can also take time in India? Do I need to wait for things to open to get my Visa stamped in India?

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Do you know if I travel to India and get my ICT WP approval after reaching there, is there any issues to get Visa stamped in India (Delhi)? I know Bio-metrics is not open to all for Canada. Does Visa stamping can also take time in India? Do I need to wait for things to open to get my Visa stamped in India?
There are lots of folks in this forum gone thru the same process, where they applied here from US and left to India before approval, and they got it approved while in india and then sent the PP to VFS Delhi.

Based on those postings this is what they did, after they reach india either before or After getting PPR you need to update IIRC with your location change from US to India, so they will send the PPR from VFS new delhi..

You can check this forum there are lot of posts on this process where folks gone thru and you can check further for detailed steps.

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
My timelines are as below (don't take this as a standard SLA, mine was applied at the peak of the corona chaos!I see that people who have applied in July/Aug have got their decissions much faster )
Online Application submitted from USA- 26th Feb 2020
Biometrics request letter- 27th Feb 2020
Biometrics completion -13th Mar 2020
(Application was approved on 27th June 2020)- But I did not receive any update on this milestone
Biometrics validation letter - last week of July 2020
Passport submission request letter, when I had travelled back to India-some time in first half of Oct 2020
Hey, I applied for my ICT WP from USA on 24th Nov (Bio-metrics was done on 07th Dec) and still waiting for my approval. I can stay in USA until 20th Feb and if I get approval by 3rd-4th Feb then I will send my passport for Visa stamping which may take another 2 week time to receive my passport back. However, timelines are very tough for me. So I am looking for other option as If I don't get my approval while I am here and move to India. then how much time it will take there to get Visa stamped at Delhi VAC. I live in Noida only. Is there any waiting time to get Visa stamped there in India? Please let me. Any help will be appreciated.

vikramv2

Jan 20, 2021
Does anyone here who filed for their ICT WP from USA in Nov sometime and still waiting for the approval? I am trying to see that if I am not alone here who haven't received the approval yet.
I have applied for ICT WP from USA in the last week of Oct, 2020
Biometrics update - Jan 3rd
Passport request - Jan 5th
Payment link - Jan 11th
Shipping labels - Jan 13th
Received passport - Jan 20th

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
I have applied for ICT WP from USA in the last week of Oct, 2020
Biometrics update - Jan 3rd
Passport request - Jan 5th
Payment link - Jan 11th
Shipping labels - Jan 13th
Received passport - Jan 20th
Hi, Thanks for replying. When did you get your approval? Biometrics update seems to be very late after filing your application.

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
my suggestion is don't go to India if you didnt have any urgent things.
Hi, Thanks for replying. When did you get your approval? Biometrics update seems to be very late after filing your application.

I have sent my passport on 01/18. Today I received an email only for kids. did you got this message? what does it mean?

"Your application has been dispatched to the IRCC Office for processing"

vikramv2

Jan 20, 2021
my suggestion is don't go to India if you didnt have any urgent things.

I have sent my passport on 01/18. Today I received an email only for kids. did you got this message? what does it mean?

"Your application has been dispatched to the IRCC Office for processing"
VFS collects the passport and send to IRCC for stamping, you will receive another update that it is dispatched back to VFS. You should get your passport back in max 3 days.

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
VFS collects the passport and send to IRCC for stamping, you will receive another update that it is dispatched back to VFS. You should get your passport back in max 3 days.
Thanks vikram.

I got those mail only for my kids not for me or my wife. is it ok?

vikramv2

Jan 20, 2021
Thanks vikram.

I got those mail only for my kids not for me or my wife. is it ok?
Not sure then, I applied only for myself. If you have sent it to New York location, they process it within a day and give it back to VFS Global team for shipping it to you. Hope for the best

vikramv2

Jan 20, 2021
Hey, I applied for my ICT WP from USA on 24th Nov (Bio-metrics was done on 07th Dec) and still waiting for my approval. I can stay in USA until 20th Feb and if I get approval by 3rd-4th Feb then I will send my passport for Visa stamping which may take another 2 week time to receive my passport back. However, timelines are very tough for me. So I am looking for other i on as If I don't get my approval while I am here and move to India. then how much time it will take there to get Visa stamped at Delhi VAC. I live in Noida only. Is there any waiting time to get Visa stamped there in India? Please let me. Any help will be appreciated.
Hi, mine was applied in last week of Oct (approx. - 29th). I got passport request on Jan 4th. I hope you will get it by January last week or February 1st week. Once you receive passport request, immediately send the email to vfsshipping for sending the payment link. In my case, they took one week to reply with payment link for two way shipping ( I went to New York VFS location and spoke to the person at registration desk for which he verified with concerned staff, luckily i received the payment link within 2 hours).

Once you get the shipping labels, it shouldn't take more than a week. I got the labels on 13th Jan (sent passport immediately on same day before 4PM) and the stamped passport got delivered today.

So still keep the hope and be quick on your side :) I have learnt from this forum that stamping is taking long time in India

vadakkju

Apr 22, 2020
Sharing my timeline for ICT WP from the U.S.

Application submitted: Dec 24th
Biometrics request: Dec 25th
Biometrics submitted: Dec 30th
Passport request: Jan 19th

I mailed my passport to VFS Los Angeles this afternoon.

A few tips :
1. I gave my biometrics at a VAC (instead of a USCIS ASC) because there was an immediate slot available at that time. When I checked the ASC website, the earliest appointment available was almost 1.5 weeks ahead. So just by picking a VAC over an ASC, I saved ~7 days.

2. I got my shipping labels ahead of time. I was hoping I would get the approval this week, so I went ahead and ordered the shipping labels days before I got the passport request letter. Depending on your situation, you could save 1-2 days (by just being a little impatient ;))

Reactions: itzraj and vikramv2

jsharma

Jan 19, 2021
How much time does it take to get BVL after you submit your Biometrics in India?
ICT GSS visa

Application Submitted: Sept 2nd, 2020
Medical Request: Dec 2nd, 2020
Medical Updated: Dec 9th, 2020
Biometric Done: Jan 14th, 2021 (Nepal)

Thanks.

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
After moving to Canada from USA on ICT WP (Not PR or PPR), How do you get there Driving License? I heard that If you had driving License in United states for more than 2 year then you get Driving License there instantly after showing some proofs of driving records from USA. However, I am trying to find out what we call that document which we need to get from DMV in USA. I had a friend who moved to Canada in 2018 from here and he got his license in one week after reaching there however, he is not sure what we call that document as it was taken by Canada Transport dept. Please let me know if someone know what is the name of that document which we can get from DMV before we land in Canada.

Reactions: itzraj