+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Yeah I did medical upfront but it was done on Dec 19 itself hence it got expired.

Yes hcl has office in Mississauga, If it's GSS eligible then not sure why they took 2 months just to inform medical again. Have requested internally as well to check.
everything is messed up cos of Covid and backlog of cases specially from india
Timelines are messed up

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Any idea how much time is it taking to get the passport back if submitted to nyc VFS?

any one got in March/April2021 ?

RKTK

Mar 12, 2021
Hi All - Need a help from you. I am currently residing in USA. My company had applied for a Canada ICT WP (LMIA exempt) for me and TRV for my wife. As per the company’s policy, they have not applied for my wife’s open work permit. I have already received my work permit approval letter and our visa stamping's are also completed. Please let me know if I need to get any separate authorization for spouse's travel. If yes, from where do I get it.

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
I am also looking for same answer.

My wife was also given work permit & children with student pass

Don’t know if I need travel authorization for them or they can travel with me without any letter .

Seniors please guide

Hi All - Need a help from you. I am currently residing in USA. My company had applied for a Canada ICT WP (LMIA exempt) for me and TRV for my wife. As per the company’s policy, they have not applied for my wife’s open work permit. I have already received my work permit approval letter and our visa stamping's are also completed. Please let me know if I need to get any separate authorization for spouse's travel. If yes, from where do I get it.

karansuri2000

Apr 14, 2021
I applied for ICT from US, and gave my biometric on 15th April, is anyone else having a similar time line as mine?
i haven't yet received any approval and just shows "doing a background check" . Its been 3 weeks now which is what the average time shows on the official website. Any one else in the same pool as me? my EAD is expiring and I feel troubled.

Nanakhere

Apr 30, 2021
I applied for ICT from US, and gave my biometric on 15th April, is anyone else having a similar time line as mine?
i haven't yet received any approval and just shows "doing a background check" . Its been 3 weeks now which is what the average time shows on the official website. Any one else in the same pool as me? my EAD is expiring and I feel troubled.
[/QU

Gave biometrics on 25 march. Nothing heard yet.

Takita

May 12, 2021
@RKTK, Can you provide your timeline from biometric submission to the approval of WP/Stamped PP?

My ICT application was submitted under 2 week GSS on 5/7, biometrics scheduled for 5/24 at nearest USCIS ASC. I'm wondering how long it takes to get WP letter and Stamped Passport.

Takita

May 12, 2021
Application Submitted - Jan 16th
Biometric - Jan 26th
Passport Request - Feb 9th
@Pankaj2021, Would you confirm if the appl was submitted under 2 week GSS processing? Is it really under 2weeks just like H1B premium processing?

My appl was also filed under GSS and I'm trying to plan the move accordingly.

SG9

May 15, 2021
Hello All, i am from hyderabad, India.
i am new to this forum. I need some information on the below. The company I work for is applying a ICT WP for me through a canadian attorney. Attorney emailed me to get Upfront medicals (me and my family needs to get them done) and when i tried to register for upfront medicals with enlisted panel physicians, they repsonded that high commission suggested.that there won't be any upfront medicals until they have IMM1017 with IME number. Can someone let me know, how to get this IMM1017 with IME number. Apologies if i am posting a reply to somethig as i did not know how to post my query as a new one or under a specific thread.