+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
There is an Update from High Commission of Canada in India on the Medical examination Validity for Student and Worker.

That might be the reason for the Counterfoil Document Invalid.

"Students & Workers :

You must have a valid medical examination prior to travelling to Canada. If your medical has expired, your visa is not valid for travel. Your medical exam results are good for 12 months only from the date of the exam. More info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html"

Champ83

Apr 9, 2021
1) Has anyone travelled with family till now during pandemic to Canada and with what documents during boarding flight?

One of my colleague have travelled recently Around April 5, 2021.
I am waiting for reply from him but He has travelled alone.
But I believe the information from him will work for you becasue They are mainly concentrating the documents for Primary Applicants.

2 ) Do I need travel authorization letter for spouse and Kid to travel ?In how much time it will be received? Best way to write application for same

I believe that you won't need because by looking your application timeline I believe that you must be from GSS (Global Skills Strategy) - The reason I am saying this because it took not even Two weeks to get the work permit.

But best way to check/confirm from your company who has sponsored you for ICT.
Thanks , I have checked with company and yes , travel authorization WILL be required for my family to travel along with me . Also one new update that now applying through email is no more valid . There is a webform to be filled , after which authorization is received .I have filled that , still waiting for approval .

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
ICT GSS applied from US on April 8th
Biometric request - 9th April
Biometric submitted -12th April
When can we expect an update?

ssejpal

Star Member
Mar 21, 2019
There is an Update from High Commission of Canada regarding Passport Submission and Return Services during lockdowns and curfews.

"Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases, lockdowns and curfews have been imposed in various parts of India, which may impact VAC services.

If you have already paid the 2-way courier service but have not yet submitted your passport, please hold on to it until services resume. If you have submitted your passport, it will be returned to you once the passport services resume.

VACs in affected cities will remain closed during curfews. Clients who have a confirmed biometric appointment will be contacted with a new appointment once VACs reopen. Please visit the VFS website for up to date information on VAC services and hours of operation."

karansuri2000

Apr 14, 2021
Current processing time is 4 weeks. Let us know once you get any news.
Hi, My company filed ICT wp from USA on March-10
Biometrics request-March-11
Biometrics completed-March-24
When would I expect the next update?
Pls suggest
from the official website, it says 3 weeks
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
Work permit (from outside Canada)
United States of America
3 weeks

the government will link you biometric details to your application and continue with assessment. Should a positive assessment be made, the government will request your passport to affix your Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) through the passport request letter. Once the visa is affixed you will be issued an approval letter. You will travel to Canada with your approval letter and passport with the newly affixed TRV. Upon entry to Canada, the government will issue you a Work Permit.

karansuri2000

Apr 14, 2021
ICT GSS applied from US on April 8th
Biometric request - 9th April
Biometric submitted -12th April
When can we expect an update?
My timeline is the same as yours, I gave Biometrics on 15th April from Austin.
on the official website, it says the current processing time is 3 weeks
let me also know if you hear any updates
Are you from Seattle/ NY / LA ? you got the biometric appointment pretty quick

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
My timeline is the same as yours, I gave Biometrics on 15th April from Austin.
on the official website, it says the current processing time is 3 weeks
let me also know if you hear any updates
Are you from Seattle/ NY / LA ? you got the biometric appointment pretty quick
Got the PPR yesterday
Submitted the passport today

Waitmaster

Apr 21, 2021
Hi All,

Anyone from HCL here who has got his ICT processed recently? is HCL ICT eligible for GSS, I am awaiting for almost an year for Work permit Visa. Did biometrics on Jan end and recently they asked to do medical again. Now it showing last update as below. Any Idea how long they will still take

Latest update:
Review of medical results - April 19, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)April 6, 2021April 6, 2021
Biometrics Collection LetterMay 12, 2020May 13, 2020
Submission ConfirmationMay 12, 2020May 12, 2020
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionMay 12, 2020May 12, 2020

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi All,

Anyone from HCL here who has got his ICT processed recently? is HCL ICT eligible for GSS, I am awaiting for almost an year for Work permit Visa. Did biometrics on Jan end and recently they asked to do medical again. Now it showing last update as below. Any Idea how long they will still take

Latest update:
Review of medical results - April 19, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)April 6, 2021April 6, 2021
Biometrics Collection LetterMay 12, 2020May 13, 2020
Submission ConfirmationMay 12, 2020May 12, 2020
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionMay 12, 2020May 12, 2020
was it Lima exempt ?

Waitmaster

Apr 21, 2021
Ok
Then you should check with your company lawyers
If it’s Lima exempt then Hcl has an office there and application is eligible for GSS

What about medical? Did you not submit it upfront ?
Yeah I did medical upfront but it was done on Dec 19 itself hence it got expired.

Yes hcl has office in Mississauga, If it's GSS eligible then not sure why they took 2 months just to inform medical again. Have requested internally as well to check.