+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Steps after you submit application form (online only from USA):
1. IRCC will upload application confirmation message
2. They will ask you to submit biometrics if you dont have already submitted biometrics with IRCC (You have to schedule an appointment) per your location and ASC/VAC availability
3. Medicals for folks applying from USA are not required, you might have already provided a self declaration form
4. Application evaluation begins, if they need any additional document , they will contact you through a message (Your rep/attorney will get that message)
5. Passport request letter (they might say in the letter that "A decission has been taken on your application")
6. Submit Passport after raising a 2 way courier request with VFS global of your location and submit your passports
7. Visa is stamped
This is really very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Thank you.
Application to passport request letter
My timelines are as below (don't take this as a standard SLA, mine was applied at the peak of the corona chaos!I see that people who have applied in July/Aug have got their decissions much faster )
Online Application submitted from USA- 26th Feb 2020
Biometrics request letter- 27th Feb 2020
Biometrics completion -13th Mar 2020
(Application was approved on 27th June 2020)- But I did not receive any update on this milestone
Biometrics validation letter - last week of July 2020
Passport submission request letter, when I had travelled back to India-some time in first half of Oct 2020

dex21

Oct 27, 2020
Has anybody here who applied for ICT from US around Aug-Sep 2020 timeframe received their approvals/responses yet?

vjammy

Jul 10, 2019
My timelines are as below
Online Application submitted from USA- 27th July 2020
Biometrics request letter- 27th Jul 2020
Biometrics completion -5th Aug 2020
Visa Approved - 30th Nov 2020

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
My timelines are as below
Online Application submitted from USA- 27th July 2020
Biometrics request letter- 27th Jul 2020
Biometrics completion -5th Aug 2020
Visa Approved - 30th Nov 2020

when did you receive Biometric validation letter?

vjammy

Jul 10, 2019
on the 30th itself. it just confirmed that my biometrics is valid.
I dont have to send my passport as i am a citizen of a visa exempt country

TonyAx

Aug 11, 2020
My spouse (open work permit) and I just received our passport requests. There was no passport request for my 2 year old daughter (US citizen) even though the attorney submitted a visitor visa application. Is that normal? Does that mean I do not have to submit her passport to VFS along with mine? Would appreciate it if someone could clarify

Here's my timeline for anyone interested

Applied Online (US) - Aug 10
Biometric request - Aug 11
Biometric completion - Aug 19
Passport request - Nov 30

Reactions: bl05

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
My spouse (open work permit) and I just received our passport requests. There was no passport request for my 2 year old daughter (US citizen) even though the attorney submitted a visitor visa application. Is that normal? Does that mean I do not have to submit her passport to VFS along with mine? Would appreciate it if someone could clarify

Here's my timeline for anyone interested

Applied Online (US) - Aug 10
Biometric request - Aug 11
Biometric completion - Aug 19
Passport request - Nov 30
I assume you applied from USA. congrats

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Finally, received my PPR yesterday. I believe PPRs are being sent for applications submitted from India. My timelines: Online submission in March, BVL in Jul, Approval letter last month & PPR yesterday. Mine is ICT GSS

Has anyone recently started rest of the process post PPR, email to ‘PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com’ etc. Please share your experience & any tips to follow

Reactions: Midget

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Finally, received my PPR yesterday. I believe PPRs are being sent for applications submitted from India. My timelines: Online submission in March, BVL in Jul, Approval letter last month & PPR yesterday. Mine is ICT GSS

Has anyone recently started rest of the process post PPR, email to ‘PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com’ etc. Please share your experience & any tips to follow
great congrats. can you please share exact date of your application in March? I am in same boat ICT GSS April applicant but no update after BVL on Oct 26th, 2020. Medical passed on Oct 6th,2020.