+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for ICT work permit

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Thats cool, My envelope was picked up yesterday and i checked blue dart website that it was delivered this morning to VFS.

I got an email from VFS an hr back that they received the envelope .

quick question- how long will it take to get the stamped passports back?
Blue dart picking to reaching at regional VFS - Same day (picked up at 11am, by evening I got an update)
Regional VFS to Delhi VFS- 1-2 working days( they send by air)
Delhi VFS- Delhi VAC and IRCC desk- 1 day
Stamping done in 2-3 working days (as number of passport submissions have increased , add 1-2 days more)
Delhi VAC to me -1 day (they send by air)

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, i send mine, wife and 2 kids passports and their passport request letters along with consent forms all in 1 big envelope to VFS
Oh, I heard from one of my friends that each passport requires its own envelope and courier fee, but that information might not be fully correct.

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Oh, I heard from one of my friends that each passport requires its own envelope and courier fee, but that information might not be fully correct.
Not sure, the first time i contected them with step 1 details, they asked how many passports for submission and i mentioned 4,

So not sure, lets see, i have sent everything in one package as a family since i was the primary applicant and everyone else were dependents. the VFS people when they responded with payment link knew based on information provided by me as 4 people and 4 passports.

We l see

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Not sure, the first time i contected them with step 1 details, they asked how many passports for submission and i mentioned 4,

So not sure, lets see, i have sent everything in one package as a family since i was the primary applicant and everyone else were dependents. the VFS people when they responded with payment link knew based on information provided by me as 4 people and 4 passports.

We l see
Yes, I guess, it should not be a problem, as VFS sent the payment link! All PPs will be stamped and you will receive everything by next week, hopefully. May be the other case (what I heard ) was for open work permit case for spouse. I will recheck.

Reactions: basebadger

basebadger

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Yes, I guess, it should not be a problem, as VFS sent the payment link! All PPs will be stamped and you will receive everything by next week, hopefully. May be the other case (what I heard ) was for open work permit case for spouse. I will recheck.
yeah, m getting text messages, the recent one that Delhi VAC has sent the envelope to IRCC.. hopefully next week

Reactions: Midget

canadaICT4Indian

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
Blue dart picking to reaching at regional VFS - Same day (picked up at 11am, by evening I got an update)
Regional VFS to Delhi VFS- 1-2 working days( they send by air)
Delhi VFS- Delhi VAC and IRCC desk- 1 day
Stamping done in 2-3 working days (as number of passport submissions have increased , add 1-2 days more)
Delhi VAC to me -1 day (they send by air)
That's too fast.

My timeline:
Blue dart picking to reaching at regional VFS - 18th Nov (picked up at 11am, by 5.30pm reached local bluedart office I got an update)
Delhi VFS- 19th November 9 am
Delhi VFS- Delhi VAC and IRCC desk- 20th November 6 AM
Stamping - Waiting since 6 days

No updates or status changes. Sent mail for status enquiry, no response since 4 days.

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
I got my passport request letter from IRCC and a courier instruction letter from Delhi VAC (as I got my Communication address changed from USA to India). I contacted VFS at their email id, got the payment link and paid the courier fee (if you guys want you can take SMS service to track your passport
), VFS team was pretty fast , they engaged Bluedart Courier to pick up my passport (I kept my passport, VFS consent forms, Passport request letter from IRCC and Two way courier form in the package I handed over to Blue dart person) and it got shipped to Delhi. I just received my passport stamped. My application was originally filed in USA (but it took a lot of time to get the passport request letter, though application was approved in June). Things are moving at steady pace , which is a positive thing. Yes, location of the application filed originally, does not matter. Hope, you will get your passport back in a week's time.
Congrats.

Does change address from USA to India impacts the processing timelines?
Also can you please share your timelines?

Last edited:

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Congrats.

Does change address from USA to India impacts the processing timelines?
Also can please share you timelines?
Honestly, I am not very sure. I did not even know that my application was approved long back (in June), IRCC did not even care to release that information (may be deliberately just to restrict canada entry for little longer), I moved to India and then got an intimation from them, some other good samaritan in this group suggested about changing the communication address when I posed the question of probable next steps. My gut feeling says, wait till your approval comes and then proceed with address change. If you see Basebadger's case, though he has not yet received the confirmation about change in communication from IRCC( he too raised a IRCC webform to update his communication address after his case was approved), still was able to connect to VFS and his passports are submitted for stamping. Which timelines did you want , application to passport request letter or Passport request letter till stamping?

Last edited:

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
That's too fast.

My timeline:
Blue dart picking to reaching at regional VFS - 18th Nov (picked up at 11am, by 5.30pm reached local bluedart office I got an update)
Delhi VFS- 19th November 9 am
Delhi VFS- Delhi VAC and IRCC desk- 20th November 6 AM
Stamping - Waiting since 6 days

No updates or status changes. Sent mail for status enquiry, no response since 4 days.
There is full blown steam due to passport submissions for International study visa (January Intake) and Spousal visa for citizen/PR holders.. I guess (again my gut feeling says), it will take a week more. They have the standard reply if you approach them "we are short staffed" . Keep on checking brother! It will surely be done soon!

Last edited:

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hello All,

Can someone please share as what all steps are present on the application tracking for WP? My company filed my ICT WP and only attorney can track the application , so I am just curious to know as what all different steps it has.
If any filed the WP and can track the application on IRCC then can you please share different steps involved , may be a screenshot from the tracking page.

Thanks.
Steps after you submit application form (online only from USA):
1. IRCC will upload application confirmation message
2. They will ask you to submit biometrics if you dont have already submitted biometrics with IRCC (You have to schedule an appointment) per your location and ASC/VAC availability
3. Medicals for folks applying from USA are not required, you might have already provided a self declaration form
4. Application evaluation begins, if they need any additional document , they will contact you through a message (Your rep/attorney will get that message)
5. Passport request letter (they might say in the letter that "A decission has been taken on your application")
6. Submit Passport after raising a 2 way courier request with VFS global of your location and submit your passports
7. Visa is stamped

canadaICT4Indian

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
There is full blown steam due to passport submissions for International study visa (January Intake) and Spousal visa for citizen/PR holders.. I guess (again my gut feeling says), it will take a week more. They have the standard reply if you approach them "we are short staffed" . Keep on checking brother! It will surely be done soon!
Of course, we all are waiting.. but most timelines I saw are 1-2 days only. Hope for passport returned by next week.

One silly question, if it's approved means "just stamp visa" and send it ?

Midget

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Of course, we all are waiting.. but most timelines I saw are 1-2 days only. Hope for passport returned by next week.

One silly question, if it's approved means "just stamp visa" and send it ?
Did your envelope contain multiple passports (spouse/kids)? Mine was single passport. I am not sure, if that made the process a bit quicker for me. Never the less, "Amen" for "passports turning back to you by next week" .
Weirdly, though IRCC says on your passport request letter that "A decission has been taken on your case", it implicitly means your case is approved. When Passport returns back to you , one page of your passport will be stamped with canada visa and the passport package will contain a small note saying that "visa stamped does not mean you can travel/enter in canada, please refer to travel advisory for your location". Hope, I answered your question.

Last edited:

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Honestly, I am not very sure. I did not even know that my application was approved long back (in June), IRCC did not even care to release that information (may be deliberately just to restrict canada entry for little longer), I moved to India and then got an intimation from them, some other good samaritan in this group suggested about changing the communication address when I posed the question of probable next steps. My gut feeling says, wait till your approval comes and then proceed with address change. If you see Basebadger's case, though he has not yet received the confirmation about change in communication from IRCC( he too raised a IRCC webform to update his communication address after his case was approved), still was able to connect to VFS and his passports are submitted for stamping. Which timelines did you want , application to passport request letter or Passport request letter till stamping?
Thank you.
Application to passport request letter