+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter

Geniusmistery

Jan 4, 2022
IRCC isn't going to expedite the application.

There are three possible outcomes: (1) approval; (2) simple refusal; (3) refusal + 5 year misrepresentation ban. Impossible for any of us to guess which one it will be for you. However I would say the most likely outcome is probably a simple refusal (with no ban) which would then require you to reapply.

Normal not to have receive a response yet given your only submitted your answer on Dec 25th. It's not at all unusual for it to take a few months to hear back.

Good luck. Make sure you read all questions carefully in the future. If this application is refused and you need to reapply, you will need to declare both the Aussie and Canadian refusals.
Thank you for your response… If it happens is it necessary to attach both refusal letters or emails and explain about the refusals reasons while reapplying?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your response… If it happens is it necessary to attach both refusal letters or emails and explain about the refusals reasons while reapplying?
No. You just need to declare both refusals and provide a short explanation of what visa was refused and why.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah actually I applied for a SOWP and my husband applied for study permit. Does it happen to issue visa to him and refuse me?
Was the PFL addressed to both of you? The PFL has to be addressed first and there are no timelines for a decision. It is possible that he may get approved but you applied tied to his application and not separately. He is tied to your error. You will always need to mention any refusals when applying for any permit not just Canada. Canada, US, UK, NZ and AUS share immigration information. Why did he start school without a study permit? May want to consider deferring .

Geniusmistery

Jan 4, 2022
Was the PFL addressed to both of you? The PFL has to be addressed first and there are no timelines for a decision. It is possible that he may get approved but you applied tied to his application and not separately. He is tied to your error. You will always need to mention any refusals when applying for any permit not just Canada. Canada, US, UK, NZ and AUS share immigration information. Why did he start school without a study permit? May want to consider deferring .
PFL was addressed to me but as you said I didn’t apply separately. Actually my husband received university admission on July and once he deterred September semester as it took a while to apply for visa and thought we may experience delays in study permit processing or may be unable to travel to Canada due to travel restrictions, as we live in South Africa. So he decided to start studying online for the first semester. To be honest we didn’t expect such a mistake (which was completely unintentional) and certain circumstances in PFL and delays for our case. We hoped they may consider the university timelines for students.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PFL was addressed to me but as you said I didn’t apply separately. Actually my husband received university admission on July and once he deterred September semester as it took a while to apply for visa and thought we may experience delays in study permit processing or may be unable to travel to Canada due to travel restrictions, as we live in South Africa. So he decided to start studying online for the first semester. To be honest we didn’t expect such a mistake (which was completely unintentional) and certain circumstances in PFL and delays for our case. We hoped they may consider the university timelines for students.
IRCC doesn't really consider university timelines but processes study permits at their own pace. Processing times have unfortunately been quite a bit slower recently due to COVID.

However your case is very different now. Due to the PFL, your application is now non-standard which means normal processing times don't apply. You'll just have to wait and hope for either an approval or refusal without a ban.

No point contacting them to ask that the process the application faster. They won't consider your request.

Good luck.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your husband will want to decide about whether to defer or continue online without study permit. As mentioned, there is no expedited processing as PFLs are serious.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I hope you’re able to get refunds of your fees if denied or at least partial refund. If not, I would consider whether it is a good idea to keep studying before you can get your funds back this term.

Geniusmistery

Jan 4, 2022
I hope you’re able to get refunds of your fees if denied or at least partial refund. If not, I would consider whether it is a good idea to keep studying before you can get your funds back this term.
Hi again everybody
The other time we replied the procedural fairness I couldn’t find my previous refusal visa from Australia. Now I have found it. Does it matter for cic to get previous rejection letter or not? Does it have any positive effect on their decision if I send them now?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi again everybody
The other time we replied the procedural fairness I couldn’t find my previous refusal visa from Australia. Now I have found it. Does it matter for cic to get previous rejection letter or not? Does it have any positive effect on their decision if I send them now?
If you are past the time for replying to PFL then no. IRCC already knows you were refused and have all the information from Australia.

Geniusmistery

Jan 4, 2022
Hi everyone
Today we’ve received a new message in our gckey portal for medical examination, is it a good news which our visa is going to be accepted ? Is it a positive answer for our procedural fairness response? Also, my husband has received a message which he’s asked to send some proof of funds, military service documents and proof of his South African residency what do these mean?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone
Today we’ve received a new message in our gckey portal for medical examination, is it a good news which our visa is going to be accepted ? Is it a positive answer for our procedural fairness response? Also, my husband has received a message which he’s asked to send some proof of funds, military service documents and proof of his South African residency what do these mean?
Looks like your file is being considered. Impossible to say whether you will be approved or not.

May 11, 2022
Hello,
I too have revived a PFL for my work permit application recently, I wanted to know what are the chances of visa after this. Also I had simultaneously applied for visitor visa, is it suggested to withdraw the vv application as it can get affected.

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hey all, did anyone who received a PFL in Sept hear back? My husband received a PFL stating S refusal but the fact is that it's an error from their end. We haven't heard back at all - anyone in the same boat?

erica111

Jun 24, 2022
Hello,

I have received my WES report and in that, it is mentioned NOT OFFICIAL

Can I use this report in my express entry invitation file???