+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter received - Respond

Abdi987

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
I received procedural fairness letter . I applied group five so what's solution

Based on the undertaking and settlement plan provided, you have indicated that shelter will be provided by farah and have made a deduction for an in-kind shelter donation of $7,000.

This individual is not a party to the sponsorship and has not signed the undertaking and has no legal obligation to provide the indicated shelter. As this represents such a large portion of the funds that are required for your sponsorship, I have concerns that should the in-kind shelter not be available, you would be unable to provide adequate support for the refugee(s) you are sponsoring.

Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) section 154 (1) states:

An officer shall approve an application referred to in paragraph 153(1)(b) if, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, the officer determines that

a. The sponsor has the financial resources to fulfil the settlement plan for the duration of the undertaking; and

b. The sponsor has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the foreign national and their family members in the expected community of settlement.

For the reasons provided above, I am concerned that you have not made adequate arrangement in anticipation of the arrival of the refugee as a significant portion of funding for this settlement plan is provided by an individual who has no legal obligation to this sponsorship undertaking.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I received procedural fairness letter . I applied group five so what's solution

Based on the undertaking and settlement plan provided, you have indicated that shelter will be provided by farah and have made a deduction for an in-kind shelter donation of $7,000.

This individual is not a party to the sponsorship and has not signed the undertaking and has no legal obligation to provide the indicated shelter. As this represents such a large portion of the funds that are required for your sponsorship, I have concerns that should the in-kind shelter not be available, you would be unable to provide adequate support for the refugee(s) you are sponsoring.

Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) section 154 (1) states:

An officer shall approve an application referred to in paragraph 153(1)(b) if, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, the officer determines that

a. The sponsor has the financial resources to fulfil the settlement plan for the duration of the undertaking; and

b. The sponsor has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the foreign national and their family members in the expected community of settlement.

For the reasons provided above, I am concerned that you have not made adequate arrangement in anticipation of the arrival of the refugee as a significant portion of funding for this settlement plan is provided by an individual who has no legal obligation to this sponsorship undertaking.
The solution is to one of the group of 5 members be the one to provide housing/funds. Anyone not a member of the 5 (Farah) cannot be held legally liable for the refugee being sponsored.

Abdi987

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
The solution is to one of the group of 5 members be the one to provide housing/funds. Anyone not a member of the 5 (Farah) cannot be held legally liable for the refugee being sponsored.
What if that person sign undertaking

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What if that person sign undertaking
I don't know if you can add a sponsor later. IRCC may not accept this. I would strongly recommend you speak with a good Canadian immigration lawyer to determine next steps and the response to the letter. The reply you send to IRCC is going to be very important and will determine if the application is approved or refused. Right now IRCC's intent is to refuse your application.

Armrarl

Jun 20, 2020
Hi, my partner applied for a spousal work visa from overseas. We received a PFL. Somehow due to some clerical error our visa agent missed my partner's visa refusals. However, we had proof of my conversation that we disclose it but they didn't fill in the form. We have applied with our response before the deadline. It's more than 2 weeks but we haven't hear back feom canada immigration. Can you please tell me how long does it take?
Hi,

Did you get any response from it. I too am in the same situation.

Armrarl

Jun 20, 2020
Hi, my partner applied for a spousal work visa from overseas. We received a PFL. Somehow due to some clerical error our visa agent missed my partner's visa refusals. However, we had proof of my conversation that we disclose it but they didn't fill in the form. We have applied with our response before the deadline. It's more than 2 weeks but we haven't hear back feom canada immigration. Can you please tell me how long does it take?

SAM1982

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Dear All, i need help i applied for Touristic visa canada was rejected and i did not mention in the Stat Question i have refusal visa from USA hence i applied for sponsorship i have mentioned and my previous TRV application just fill up but in the current one i make sure every thing detailed how ever i order GCMS notes in the notes was Sat question required review shu A REVIEW Required shall i sen them letter and explain to them before coming back to me please please advise me

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All, i need help i applied for Touristic visa canada was rejected and i did not mention in the Stat Question i have refusal visa from USA hence i applied for sponsorship i have mentioned and my previous TRV application just fill up but in the current one i make sure every thing detailed how ever i order GCMS notes in the notes was Sat question required review shu A REVIEW Required shall i sen them letter and explain to them before coming back to me please please advise me
Are you a refugee?