+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter received - Respond

Mkamala

Feb 23, 2019
Good Day All,
I'm group representative of G5 sponsorship application.
I received an email from the officer asking for support documents for my refugee case to be sent to IRCC.INROCO-CORORI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Within 30 days.
I replied to the email and sent the support documents but didn't receive an Auto-reply email confirming that ROC-O received the email. (Nothing in Spam/Junk mail folder)
Any advice?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good Day All,
I'm group representative of G5 sponsorship application.
I received an email from the officer asking for support documents for my refugee case to be sent to IRCC.INROCO-CORORI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Within 30 days.
I replied to the email and sent the support documents but didn't receive an Auto-reply email confirming that ROC-O received the email. (Nothing in Spam/Junk mail folder)
Any advice?
Did you receive a Procedural Fairness letter? Or a request for additional documents to process your case? These are two different scenarios

Which visa office?

Mkamala

Feb 23, 2019
Did you receive a Procedural Fairness letter? Or a request for additional documents to process your case? These are two different scenarios

Which visa office?
Yes I did receive a procedural fairness letter asking to support my case with support documents. it should be fine but all i need is to make sure they received the support documents because I have time limit of 30 days.
Lebanon Visa Office - Group of five sponsorship

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes I did receive a procedural fairness letter asking to support my case with support documents. it should be fine but all i need is to make sure they received the support documents because I have time limit of 30 days.
A Procedural Fairness letter is a serious matter. It is not the same as a simple request for additional documents.

Procedural Fairness letters are issued when IRCC has concerns that the applicant has made false statements and/or has submitted fraudulent documents. You may want to seek the advice of an experienced immigration lawyer before you reply.

Generally speaking, a Procedural Fairness letter could result in a 5-years' ban for misrepresentation.

Lebanon Visa Office - Group of five sponsorship
You can also email:
BeirutMigration@international.gc.ca + use the IRCC web form

Peggy11

Apr 6, 2019
Hi plz can you update what happend cuz we also got a procedural fairness letter and want to know how long it took them to reply also in lebanon

Mkamala

Feb 23, 2019
A Procedural Fairness letter is a serious matter. It is not the same as a simple request for additional documents.

Procedural Fairness letters are issued when IRCC has concerns that the applicant has made false statements and/or has submitted fraudulent documents. You may want to seek the advice of an experienced immigration lawyer before you reply.

Generally speaking, a Procedural Fairness letter could result in a 5-years' ban for misrepresentation.

You can also email:
BeirutMigration@international.gc.ca + use the IRCC web form
Thank you for your reply, I just saw that.
It was a serious matter but everything went good.

Reactions: ZAJAMIL

Olu09

Aug 16, 2019
I need your support
I got this
I have reviewed your application and the documents submitted in support of it. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states: 16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I have concerns that you failed to declare 4 previous US visa application refusals on your application form as you indicated ‘NO’ to Statutory Question 2(b): “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?”

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I need your support
I got this
I have reviewed your application and the documents submitted in support of it. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states: 16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I have concerns that you failed to declare 4 previous US visa application refusals on your application form as you indicated ‘NO’ to Statutory Question 2(b): “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?”
They are saying you have been refused a visa to the US but you answered no on your application that you have not been refused a visa to any other country. They are saying you lied and potentially could ban you for 5 years. So have you been refused in the past or did the officer make a mistake?

Olu09

Aug 16, 2019
It was a honest mistake. I did not read the whole line thoroughly. i would have ticked yes. Yes i was refused for the US visa. I never meant to put in any false information. what can i do in this case

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It was a honest mistake. I did not read the whole line thoroughly. i would have ticked yes. Yes i was refused for the US visa. I never meant to put in any false information. what can i do in this case
It doesn't matter why the mistake was made. It was your obligation to answer all questions truthfully.

You will need to respond and confirm you have 4 US refusals. You should also provide the details around those 4 refusals. Best case scenario - Canada will just refuse your application. Worst case scenario, it will be a refusal plus a five year ban.

What did you apply for?

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
The issue you will have is that how could they tell the difference between the following two scenarios:
1) person intentionally tries to hide visa refusal, gets caught and then says it was an honest mistake.
2) person honestly makes a mistake, gets caught and then says it was an honest mistake.

its impossible to weed out the first people who tried to lie vs those that made a mistake. I cannot recall on this forum a person who used an honest mistake as a reason and then was subsequently granted the visa. Most got refusal and/or 5 year ban. I could be wrong.

Olu09

Aug 16, 2019
It doesn't matter why the mistake was made. It was your obligation to answer all questions truthfully.

You will need to respond and confirm you have 4 US refusals. You should also provide the details around those 4 refusals. Best case scenario - Canada will just refuse your application. Worst case scenario, it will be a refusal plus a five year ban.

What did you apply for?
I applied for a visitor Visa