+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter received - Respond

Olu09

Aug 16, 2019
The issue you will have is that how could they tell the difference between the following two scenarios:
1) person intentionally tries to hide visa refusal, gets caught and then says it was an honest mistake.
2) person honestly makes a mistake, gets caught and then says it was an honest mistake.

its impossible to weed out the first people who tried to lie vs those that made a mistake. I cannot recall on this forum a person who used an honest mistake as a reason and then was subsequently granted the visa. Most got refusal and/or 5 year ban. I could be wrong.
i am really afraid of the ban

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for a visitor Visa
A refusal is pretty much guaranteed. You'll just have to hope you're not give the ban.

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Cv, military exemption card
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No
I need your support
I got this
I have reviewed your application and the documents submitted in support of it. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states: 16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I have concerns that you failed to declare 4 previous US visa application refusals on your application form as you indicated ‘NO’ to Statutory Question 2(b): “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?”
Which stream were you in?

Arashm0049

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Iran
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
2131 oid
Doc's Request.
Cv, military exemption card
Nomination.....
11 feb 2019
AOR Received.
06 may 2019
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
14 sep 2019
Med's Done....
20 sep 2019
Interview........
No

khan2019

Jun 16, 2018
I need your support
I got this
I have reviewed your application and the documents submitted in support of it. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states: 16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I have concerns that you failed to declare 4 previous US visa application refusals on your application form as you indicated ‘NO’ to Statutory Question 2(b): “Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?”
Sorry to hear about ur PF letter. Would u plz let me know when was ur visa refused I.e was it more than 10 years ago?
Did u recieve procedural fairness letter before ur medical examination or after ?
Also have u undergone though ur biometric or not?
Plz let me know and guide us

Makram76

Oct 10, 2019
A Procedural Fairness letter is a serious matter. It is not the same as a simple request for additional documents.

Procedural Fairness letters are issued when IRCC has concerns that the applicant has made false statements and/or has submitted fraudulent documents. You may want to seek the advice of an experienced immigration lawyer before you reply.

Generally speaking, a Procedural Fairness letter could result in a 5-years' ban for misrepresentation.

You can also email:
BeirutMigration@international.gc.ca + use the IRCC web form
Hi Bryanna,

Im a canadian citizen sponsoring my husband. We recieved a procedural fairness letter and were asked for supporting documents which we submitted after 5 days (proof of intent to return to canada). After 15 days the website says that a decision was made, however we did not recieve any emails for the immigration center. What could this mean? And does a refusal email take this long? Or approval , thank you

andren

Apr 25, 2018
Hi Bryanna,

Im a canadian citizen sponsoring my husband. We recieved a procedural fairness letter and were asked for supporting documents which we submitted after 5 days (proof of intent to return to canada). After 15 days the website says that a decision was made, however we did not recieve any emails for the immigration center. What could this mean? And does a refusal email take this long? Or approval , thank you
Hi, @Makram76

Could you please let us know what the outcome was and how long it took for the decision?

Olu09

Aug 16, 2019
So when did u received the letter after u applied for immigration or before that
I received the letter August 16th. was given 15days to reply. i did reply with every proof i have ..the refusals .SO i am still waiting for a response till i got this

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: ********

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

Olu09

Aug 16, 2019
Sorry to hear about ur PF letter. Would u plz let me know when was ur visa refused I.e was it more than 10 years ago?
Did u recieve procedural fairness letter before ur medical examination or after ?
Also have u undergone though ur biometric or not?
Plz let me know and guide us
As of now i have not gotten any response whether it is Approved or Refused. I applied June 2019, I got a PF Letter in August. before that i had done my biometrics which was in July.
I did not do any medical examination.
I am Just Still waiting for a response from them.

Saif_alaqbi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Good day
I’m a Refugee in Turkey we ve been sponsoring with refugee programs sponsorship everything went so smoothly until we get to the Interview in Ankara ,
After it the visa officer ” said i can’t decide i need time to preview “ after 10 days I got an e-mail with (Procedural Fairness Letter)
Saying “ that because of my Ukrainian wife you can apply to have Resident permit in Ukraine because of my marriage “
So I was with the lawyers working on the replay so we sent it in 03/12/2019
So until today there is nothing but I sent an e-mail to the Embassy week ago asking about if there is anything been made on my application so they replay me with this :
Under Canada’s immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant can be resettled to Canada as a protected person. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

what does that mean ?
My application under investigation background? could so one explain me ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day
I’m a Refugee in Turkey we ve been sponsoring with refugee programs sponsorship everything went so smoothly until we get to the Interview in Ankara ,
After it the visa officer ” said i can’t decide i need time to preview “ after 10 days I got an e-mail with (Procedural Fairness Letter)
Saying “ that because of my Ukrainian wife you can apply to have Resident permit in Ukraine because of my marriage “
So I was with the lawyers working on the replay so we sent it in 03/12/2019
So until today there is nothing but I sent an e-mail to the Embassy week ago asking about if there is anything been made on my application so they replay me with this :
Under Canada’s immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant can be resettled to Canada as a protected person. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

what does that mean ?
My application under investigation background? could so one explain me ?
Unfortunately if you have access to Ukrainian citizenship you don’t need protection from Canada. Likely there will be some research done to see if you will be able to live in the Ukraine with your wife’s citizenship. When it comes to getting asylum you must make sure that you have no other safe place to live through citizenships of spouse or grandparents.

Reactions: Saif_alaqbi

Saif_alaqbi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Thank you for your reply
In the replay latter I explained why I can’t live in Ukraine as Arabic man I used to live there 5 years as a student but I was suffering from Racism and racial discrimination , even to get there I need to return to my country of origin Iraq to do a visa Application there as I can face a danger there I can’t go back there so I explained Everything even how to get a resident permit in Ukraine not easy as they thought also I got a refusal latter from the Ukrainian Embassy in Turkey “they said that no refugees are allow to get a visa to Ukraine you need to have a resident permit in Turkey “
My question is what did they mean of background check?
thank you

Unfortunately if you have access to Ukrainian citizenship you don’t need protection from Canada. Likely there will be some research done to see if you will be able to live in the Ukraine with your wife’s citizenship. When it comes to getting asylum you must make sure that you have no other safe place to live through citizenships of spouse or grandparents.