+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with transcripts from RGPV

shatadipsom

Jun 29, 2015
Hi,

To apply for the Express Entry Visa, I understand I need transcripts from the University I did my Computer Engineering from, which is RGPV Bhopal.

The issue is that when I took admission for engineering in 1999, the university was RDVV, Jabalpur(which does not award engineering degrees anymore). After the second semester of my course, all universities offering Engineering degrees in the state of Madhya Pradesh, merged into one technical university, called RGPV.

So I have mark sheets for two semesters from RDVV university and the rest 6 from the RGPV university. The degree is from RGPV. However RGPV says that they cannot give transcripts for the first two semesters. I need to get it from RDVV.

So what are the options now? Should I get 6 transcripts from RGPV and 2 from RDVV? In this case how would I be able to get the "one sealed envelope" with the registrar's sign and seal? I can possibly two, but will they accept it?

The other question I have is that do we need to send across coloured photocopies for the transcripts? Sorry maybe a foolish question, but someone told me hence just confirming.

Please advise, especially on the first problem.

Regards,
Shatadip.

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shatadipsom said:
Hi,

To apply for the Express Entry Visa, I understand I need transcripts from the University I did my Computer Engineering from, which is RGPV Bhopal.

The issue is that when I took admission for engineering in 1999, the university was RDVV, Jabalpur(which does not award engineering degrees anymore). After the second semester of my course, all universities offering Engineering degrees in the state of Madhya Pradesh, merged into one technical university, called RGPV.

So I have mark sheets for two semesters from RDVV university and the rest 6 from the RGPV university. The degree is from RGPV. However RGPV says that they cannot give transcripts for the first two semesters. I need to get it from RDVV.

So what are the options now? Should I get 6 transcripts from RGPV and 2 from RDVV? In this case how would I be able to get the "one sealed envelope" with the registrar's sign and seal? I can possibly two, but will they accept it?

The other question I have is that do we need to send across coloured photocopies for the transcripts? Sorry maybe a foolish question, but someone told me hence just confirming.

Please advise, especially on the first problem.

Regards,
Shatadip.
Are you getting ECA done from WES? If yes, can you recheck that they still need transcripts? I guess they require attested marksheets from your university!!

If your university was changed, your current university should have issued you first 2 semester marksheet and marked them as exempted.. if not than you have to visit both universities and get your marskheets attested (individually) from controller of examiner, place it in sealed envelope and when you send your package to WES, write a cover letter explaining your situation!!!

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does not matter if it is colored or B&W as long as the copies are clear.

"The only foolish question is the one which is never asked" ... :)

Cheers!!!!

shatadipsom

Jun 29, 2015
Hemi427 said:
Are you getting ECA done from WES? If yes, can you recheck that they still need transcripts? I guess they require attested marksheets from your university!!

If your university was changed, your current university should have issued you first 2 semester marksheet and marked them as exempted.. if not than you have to visit both universities and get your marskheets attested (individually) from controller of examiner, place it in sealed envelope and when you send your package to WES, write a cover letter explaining your situation!!!
Hi Hemi,

Thank you very much for your answers. Just to confirm,

1) Do you mean that the WES no longer needs transcripts and now attestation of the mark sheets by the controller of exams is required? Are you sure about this or did you say that I should try and confirm?

I thought we had to get transcripts. Has something changed recently? The link below also says what I have learnt until now. All the universities have their own transcript formats which they seal and sign. So do we need to have the transcripts or the mark sheets as you mentioned?

The WES mentions the below,

"If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the university or autonomous college that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES."

2) The envelope needs to be sealed by the university and the Registrar needs to sign it. In my case I am planning to put the mark sheets in two envelopes based on the respective university, sealed and signed, then put the two envelopes in one envelope, enclose a cover letter and send them.

Regards,
Shatadip.

Raman B

Feb 29, 2016
Hi,

I am in exactly same situation. Can you tell me whether WES accepted 2 envelope for one degree. What did you write in cover letter.

I also has first 2 semester mark sheets from Barkatullaha, Bhopal and remain 6 from RGPV.

I found your post after lot of search. I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks
Raman B

Ahuja2007

May 22, 2016
shatadipsom said:
Hi Hemi,

Thank you very much for your answers. Just to confirm,

1) Do you mean that the WES no longer needs transcripts and now attestation of the mark sheets by the controller of exams is required? Are you sure about this or did you say that I should try and confirm?

I thought we had to get transcripts. Has something changed recently? The link below also says what I have learnt until now. All the universities have their own transcript formats which they seal and sign. So do we need to have the transcripts or the mark sheets as you mentioned?

The WES mentions the below,

"If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the university or autonomous college that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES."

2) The envelope needs to be sealed by the university and the Registrar needs to sign it. In my case I am planning to put the mark sheets in two envelopes based on the respective university, sealed and signed, then put the two envelopes in one envelope, enclose a cover letter and send them.

Regards,
Shatadip.
Hi Shatadip,

I'm going to apply for PR under FSWP and found myself in similar boat as probably you were a year ago. BE journey started in 1999 batch, my first two semesters exams were conducted under Jiwaji university Gwalior & rest from RGPV Bhopal along with few back logs which got cleared in 3/4th sem. Could you or someone please guide how to proceed further?

Are transcripts mandatory to submit or only attested copies of all marksheets along with degree from concerned universities would be sufficient & acceptable by WES?

Thanks.
Sandeep

devvrat1980

Aug 13, 2016
Hi Shatdip,Sandeep

I am also in same situation.Please let me know how did you finally managed it.

It was not our fault . RGPV was created that time and all we got these issue.

Why don't they think of consequences before making any such decisions

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Although I cannot comment on the core problem of 2 semesters under one name and 6 from another, what I do know is that WES needs either transcripts or marksheets for people studied in India. Having a degree is anyways mandatory. Check the below link.

http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp

I had dropped an email to WES and got the same reply from them. Hence I have proceeded with attestation of Marksheets and Degree certificate. I am from Pune University.

All the best.

akansha.ag11

Aug 8, 2017
Hello Friends, I would really appreciate if anyone can let me know if Original Marksheets are required to get the transcript from RGPV or photocopies will also work. As I am in US right now and original are with me and need the transcripts urgently.
Please help and advise.

Thanks
Akanksha

archbryce

Jan 2, 2018
Did anyone submit two sets of transcripts for 1 degree to WES? What was the outcome?

Also for applying to a Masters course in Canada or US will the same logic apply? i.e. two sets of transcripts?

neo11

Jan 19, 2018
Hi Shatadip,

I'm going to apply for PR under FSWP and found myself in similar boat as probably you were a year ago. BE journey started in 1999 batch, my first two semesters exams were conducted under Jiwaji university Gwalior & rest from RGPV Bhopal along with few back logs which got cleared in 3/4th sem. Could you or someone please guide how to proceed further?

Are transcripts mandatory to submit or only attested copies of all marksheets along with degree from concerned universities would be sufficient & acceptable by WES?

Thanks.
Sandeep
Hi Sandeep,
I am in the same boat as you, I did my BE CSE from ITM 2003 Passout. Where you finally able to get all 4 years from RGPV or you had to get it from Jiwaji and RGPV. One of my friends said he did get all 4 years transcript from RGPV who was in a similar situation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kshitij

neo11

Jan 19, 2018
Hi Shatdip,Sandeep

I am also in same situation.Please let me know how did you finally managed it.

It was not our fault . RGPV was created that time and all we got these issue.

Why don't they think of consequences before making any such decisions
Did you finally get your transcripts ?