+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am pregnant and due on Sep 01 2021. My mother in law's visa expires this June 2021, so unfortunately I couldnt get her to Canada to support me before her visa expires. Now I have to apply her visa again and I think Visa extension and visa application is same process. I have a letter from doctor but since the bio metrics is not open, I havent started her application.

Is there a chance I can apply her visa and get her visa approved before Sep 01 2021? If anyone has gone through similar situation, can they help me with the process.
You are applying for a new visitor visa.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am pregnant and due on Sep 01 2021. My mother in law's visa expires this June 2021, so unfortunately I couldnt get her to Canada to support me before her visa expires. Now I have to apply her visa again and I think Visa extension and visa application is same process. I have a letter from doctor but since the bio metrics is not open, I havent started her application.

Is there a chance I can apply her visa and get her visa approved before Sep 01 2021? If anyone has gone through similar situation, can they help me with the process.
If she already has done biometrics that will help speed up the processing but there are no guarantees that she will get to travel before your birth. Would add that your MIL can’t quarantine with you because you are pregnant or if you have an infant because you are more vulnerable to serious outcomes of covid. You would need a basement with a bathroom where she can remain for the last 11 days of quarantine or a separate location.

thakuravi7

Feb 27, 2015
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
Hi there, I got PHAC approval for my in-laws but their visitor visa application is still under process as they were not able to complete their biometrics in India. Could you please guide me what to do next. Is PHAC approval enough to enter Canada once the flights are resumed?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there, I got PHAC approval for my in-laws but their visitor visa application is still under process as they were not able to complete their biometrics in India. Could you please guide me what to do next. Is PHAC approval enough to enter Canada once the flights are resumed?
No they need the approved TRV which means they will need to complete their biometrics before approval.

deval1491

Aug 3, 2018
Hi, I have already applied for visitor visa for my parents in lieu of my wife's pregnancy in oct and have been waiting to give biometrics. Since biometrics in India are closed, I was planning to send them to Dubai. However, I got PHAC letter and I want to know if I submit PHAC, is biometrics not required? Any helo would be appreciated!!
I think you will need eTA ahead. This can be done by raising a web form. You will need to attach the PHAC report and in the text need to add covid-19 to flag it.

deval1491

Aug 3, 2018
The visitor visa of the person was still under process, so they thy will need authorization letter from ircc...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply. Am I supposed to send this letter using webform to flag the application?
The PHAC does not fast track your approval process since you are already being prioritized and you need the biometrics. Without their biometrics the application can't move forward. Supporting a pregnant child during a normal pregnancy (no critical illness in mom or baby) is not really a PHAC situation. IRCC came to this weird in between where they give people the PHAC approval but essentially then treat it like every other TRV application.

Parents also need to remain in either a separate basement or hotel/airbnb. They need to do it in general to meet the quarantine rules but especially because pregnant women and infants are more vulnerable to covid and also have contact with the health system. There is sometimes some flexibility if someone is near death or there is a funeral.

CHINNI@1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi All, I am trying to apply Visa for my mother in Law. I verified online for her bio metrics status and it was mentioned that her bio metrics are still valid for another 10 years(this is her visa renewal as her passport expired).
I am trying to apply the PHAC form.
In the Letter of Required Support (PDF) and Site Visit Authorization Form (PDF) what should I mention in the field - Name of facility, location or service for site visit? Is it my home address ?
Can someone please advise .