+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

Divya_S

Aug 13, 2018
Hi everyone, I’m in urgent need of advice. Myself and my husband are on workpermit in Canada, I’m pregnant. Can I apply my mother’s visitor visa so that she can provide care? She’s in India. How much funds will she show in her account? This is our first baby and we are by ourselves in Canada please suggest. If we can apply what will be the procedure? We have been to several agents but they’re all suggesting different things.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There is no magic formula to apply. She applies online for a visitor visa. Processing takes about 6 months if you have bio metrics and your mother also needs written authorization to travel. If she hasn’t done biometrics, she will need to travel to another country as Indian offices are closed or only taking priority appts. There is no way around it as biometrics are mandatory, and they are prioritized. Since you are on work permits and not citizens, your mother is not a priority. People have been waiting over a year for them.

For her application she needs to show strong ties to her home (property, assets, care of relative etc.). She needs to show as much money as she can. You can provide a letter that she is staying with you but she needs to show that she can afford flights, accommodation, food if you weren’t available. She should plan a 4 week visit not including the 2 week quarantine and 3 day hotel quarantine. Does your mother have any funds.

raj04535

Mar 18, 2021
Hi everyone, I’m in urgent need of advice. Myself and my husband are on workpermit in Canada, I’m pregnant. Can I apply my mother’s visitor visa so that she can provide care? She’s in India. How much funds will she show in her account? This is our first baby and we are by ourselves in Canada please suggest. If we can apply what will be the procedure? We have been to several agents but they’re all suggesting different things.
I am also going through the same situation. Please let me know if you have any insights.

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.

raj04535

Mar 18, 2021
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
Hello sunny good to know that there is way to get some help from home during these covid times

do we need to sign it from the family doctor or the OBYGN?

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Hello sunny good to know that there is way to get some help from home during these covid times

do we need to sign it from the family doctor or the OBYGN?
I beleive obstetrician will be more helpful but maybe family doctor should also work...

Amishah10

Aug 28, 2017
Thank you for the information. Once you got the approval, is there a requirement to enter Canada within a certain timeframe? And how long can the parent stay? Visitor visa application has been done sometime back. I am contemplating whether to apply for compassionate grounds now or a but closer to due date? I have the letter from the OBGY. Thanks in advance.

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
Did you also submit the site authorization form? Or just the letter of Required Support? Asking coz getting the site authorization for my apartment is a bit tricky and I've submitted without that for now

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you also submit the site authorization form? Or just the letter of Required Support? Asking coz getting the site authorization for my apartment is a bit tricky and I've submitted without that for now
Your mother can not quarantine in your apartment. Pregnant women and infants are more vulnerable to covid and have contact with the healthcare system. You will need to find another quarantine location. For the health for your wife and child you should want to find another quarantine location.

Toss

Apr 3, 2021
Hi Kool_Sunny,

Can you please let me know how to Visit Canada without biometrics? I have got PHAC approval but dont have a valid visa yet - application submitted. My initial assumption was that the PHAC approval letter acts as a single entry visa. If thats not the case, what am I to do with the PHAC approval letter...Can I book a Biometrics appointment (India VACs dont seem to take appointments now).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Kool_Sunny,

Can you please let me know how to Visit Canada without biometrics? I have got PHAC approval but dont have a valid visa yet - application submitted. My initial assumption was that the PHAC approval letter acts as a single entry visa. If thats not the case, what am I to do with the PHAC approval letter...Can I book a Biometrics appointment (India VACs dont seem to take appointments now).
What does your approval say? It should say if you have been granted an ETA and what the expiry date is.

Ram21

Apr 4, 2021
Thanks for the info, "Letter of required support" from doctor, will be an authorization letter to travel to Canada, or do I need to have a valid visa, I'm unable to get it, because biometrics are not allowing visitor visa applicants, however my doctor is pregnant and she needs my support, Please advise, How to deal with this situation? Any help would be appreciated from you or anyone in the group, Thanks

Amishah10

Aug 28, 2017
Thanks for the info, "Letter of required support" from doctor, will be an authorization letter to travel to Canada, or do I need to have a valid visa, I'm unable to get it, because biometrics are not allowing visitor visa applicants, however my doctor is pregnant and she needs my support, Please advise, How to deal with this situation? Any help would be appreciated from you or anyone in the group, Thanks
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine/apply-requirements.html

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
Hi, I have already applied for visitor visa for my parents in lieu of my wife's pregnancy in oct and have been waiting to give biometrics. Since biometrics in India are closed, I was planning to send them to Dubai. However, I got PHAC letter and I want to know if I submit PHAC, is biometrics not required? Any helo would be appreciated!!

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
Hi, I have already applied for visitor visa for my parents in lieu of my wife's pregnancy in oct and have been waiting to give biometrics. Since biometrics in India are closed, I was planning to send them to Dubai. However, I got PHAC letter and I want to know if I submit PHAC, is biometrics not required? Any helo would be appreciated!!
Can u plz share how you submitted site authorization?